• Please log in to reply
459 replies to this topic

#1 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 26 February 2016 - 10:50 AM

POkemonMoonandSun-840x480.jpg

Gen 7 is started.  There is a trailer, but...to save you time on searching up and watching the trailer, I'll tell you what it is.

-80% nostalgia, just showing stuff from all the old games.
-The artist sketching Pikachu.
-The logos we've seen leaked.
So in other words, the trailer sucks, nothing to talk about until they actually give us something to talk about.  But at least the thread is here.

• Jared, Cukeman and Joey2216 like this

#2 Shosci

Shosci

Gaming Topics and Live Streams

• Members

Posted 26 February 2016 - 11:02 AM

Let me put in my two cents in this.

First of all, can't really say the trailer sucks, because it wasn't a trailer, but an announcement. Before the Direct started, people were hyped. After the Direct ended, people were of course disappointed. Like any Pokemon Generation, the graphical style improves. Sun & Moon is now working beyond the capabilities Gen 6 had graphically. They still need time before they show gameplay. If they don't have gamplay for it, then they won't show it. Simple as that. 

Of course Gamefreak wanted to announce this game on the day Pokemon was released. What better time to announce it in early 2016? Besides, players should not be disappointed that were wasn't any gameplay. In the end, everyone is going to spoil themselves by looking through any CoroCoro leaks before the game gets released. 

• Adem and Cukeman like this

#3 Norzan

Norzan

Adept

• Members

Posted 26 February 2016 - 11:05 AM

I regret reading up information prior to the release of XY and ORAS. I would have probably enjoyed those games more if i hadn't done that.

So yeah, this time i'm avoiding any new information about the new games.

#4 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 26 February 2016 - 11:47 AM

If they truly don't have any gameplay ready to show, then it's not even worth announcing, because there's nothing to hold it up.  It'll be the buzz for a couple of days, but then everyone's going to move on, because there's no basis with which to speculate on, or discuss and such.  It's about as useless as some guy walking into a room, yelling "I'm writing a book!" and then leaving.

Edited by Koh, 26 February 2016 - 11:48 AM.

• Jared and Cukeman like this

#5 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 26 February 2016 - 01:17 PM

If they truly don't have any gameplay ready to show, then it's not even worth announcing, because there's nothing to hold it up.  It'll be the buzz for a couple of days, but then everyone's going to move on, because there's no basis with which to speculate on, or discuss and such.  It's about as useless as some guy walking into a room, yelling "I'm writing a book!" and then leaving.

A better metaphor would be J. K. Rowling walking into a room, announcing she's writing a new Harry Potter, gives everybody the title, and the leaving.

• Adem likes this

#6 Shosci

Shosci

Gaming Topics and Live Streams

• Members

Posted 26 February 2016 - 01:52 PM

@Koh If everyone is gonna move on from this announcement after today or a few days rather, that's good. Our minds will fade away the game, while reducing the hype. With this, our expections would not be so high only for some to be disappointed. 

• Cukeman likes this

#7 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 26 February 2016 - 02:00 PM

I haven't been able to get into a Pokemon game in a while. The last one I beat all the way was Crystal version, way back in the day. I skipped R/S/E, and bought Pearl, lost it, stopped caring, bought Black 1, tried it, couldn't care, then I just kind of stopped lol. I usually watch a few videos of the games, but I just don't play them much any more sadly. Actually, I did buy, and beat HG.

Maybe it's cause I'm older now, and time is relative but I feel like the games come out a lot more frequently. and as a result, I don't get around to playing them. Plus they are so huge, and require owning other/ older games to 100%, which is my biggest gripe with the series overall, but this a cool mechanic for the people who do own every game, and have followed it all the way, and it is unique.

As for S/M, I will probably be skipping these too, unless something really unforeseeable happens.

#8 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 26 February 2016 - 03:02 PM

A better metaphor would be J. K. Rowling walking into a room, announcing she's writing a new Harry Potter, gives everybody the title, and the leaving.

No, I think that would be more than enough to get an insane level of buzz going. It's Harry Potter, one of the most popular book series of all time! With a solid and fleshed-out world and history, and hints of the future already. There's plenty of opportunity for discussion and buzz and speculation about what it's gonna be before more details are hinted at.

Some could argue the same would be true of Pokemon, but since Pokemon keeps changing the rules, it's hard to really speculate what happens in it, other than everyone doing the obvious Solrock and Lunatone predictions. Basically, I don't think this comparison is apt. :P

I fall into the boat of "I'd love to be interested or excited but there's nothing here other than logos." We don't even know if it's Gen VII technically.

Heh, I just realized, Star Wars got Episode VII before Pokemon got Gen VII, what are the odds?!

#9 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 26 February 2016 - 03:15 PM

Basically what I'm saying, lol.  They could've at least shown us the starters, if it is a new Gen, or the character designs, if it's a sequel set again or something.  SOMETHING to talk about, but Logos aren't that fascinating really.

#10 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members

Posted 26 February 2016 - 03:19 PM

... but Logos aren't that fascinating really.

Banned for flaming. Poor Logos.

*runs*
  • Koh and Shane like this

#11 Joelmacool

Joelmacool

Addicted to Overwatch

• Moderators

Posted 26 February 2016 - 03:54 PM

Where's the gameplay in that announcement?

Edited by Joelmacool, 26 February 2016 - 03:54 PM.

#12 Tree

Tree

Everything must go away

• Members

Posted 26 February 2016 - 03:56 PM

I had a hard time sleeping last night because I was super excited to see what the new game looked like. I woke up at around 1 in the afternoon and watched the 6 minute direct, and was kinda disappointed. My sleeping schedule is messed up for no reason.

Ah well. There's always e3.

#13 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members

Posted 26 February 2016 - 10:59 PM

It didn't take anything out my day, but I'm getting really tired of hearing about the anniversary. We get it, Pokemon is 20 years old. Big deal. They're great games, yes! The announcement finally pushed me to even finish Alpha Sapphire today. But to keep pushing the 20th anniversary thing is just getting burdensome. 

Anyways, I'm excited to hear more about Pokemon Sun and Moon! I can't help but wonder what direction they'll take the games this time. My only hope is that the story is better than it was in X and Y....those were atrocious story-wise.

• Shane likes this

#14 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 26 February 2016 - 11:33 PM

Hopefully, they end up finally having every trainer with animated models and such, instead of using the cardboard cutout cut-ins again. They went from having everything animated, from all trainers to all BGs and battle discs in Black and White 2, to...Gen 6. I'd rather have well done 2D than half assed 3D personally.

Edited by Koh, 26 February 2016 - 11:33 PM.

#15 Tabletpillow

Tabletpillow

Hi

• Members

Posted 27 February 2016 - 12:11 AM

Looks cool! :D I just wished there was more...

Though I'd much rather see a 7th gen first before pokemon go. I have a very bad feeling that this gen is gonna disappoint me in some way, but who knows!

Edited by a30502355, 27 February 2016 - 12:14 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users