A Simple Quest

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#76 arieltap

arieltap

Adept

• Members

Posted 12 April 2016 - 03:09 PM

You see where I've been. You see what I've got. I know it's something simple. But I've toured each room over and over and over and over and I've shot, wanded, pushed, and bombed everything I could. How do I get out of this eighth level of hell?

zelda027_zpsx26zl6gd.png

Thank you.

NVM: Figured it out. Sheesh.

Edited by arieltap, 12 April 2016 - 04:37 PM.

#77 Mister Snooze

Mister Snooze

Paladin

• Members

Posted 15 April 2016 - 11:38 AM

Didn't realize there was a thread for this.  I'll come by periodically to give hints.  Seems a lot of you are having trouble finding the letter.  Go to the screen west of the lost woods and start burning bushes.

Just to reveal how cruel I am with my game, I meant to make the magic key require all your heart containers, but forgot, so you'd only have it for level 9 where there are locked doors but no keys.

Anyways, have fun in level 8.  MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Hmm.... I'm on Windows 10 and it's running fine.  Also ran when I was on 7.  I wonder what's causing the problem.

How did you get Zelda Classic to run on windows 10? I can't seem to get it to work. Thanks in advance.

#78 fireyf

fireyf

Initiate

• Members

Posted 15 April 2016 - 12:07 PM

How did you get Zelda Classic to run on windows 10? I can't seem to get it to work. Thanks in advance.

I didn't have to do anything special.  Just ran the program.  I did have to get 2.50.1 to get ZQuest to work right once I got Windows 10 though because the 2.50 would crash when I placed an item.  Try making sure you have the most recent version because there may be some tweaks made that allow to run on 10.

Actually let me amend that.  I always launch using zlaunch-w.exe and in Windowed mode.  I just realized that I'd never run Zelda Classic stand alone since I upgraded so I went and tried that and it did not display properly.  So yeah, try using the launcher and make sure you have screen mode set to Window.

Edited by fireyf, 15 April 2016 - 12:07 PM.

#79 Mister Snooze

Mister Snooze

Paladin

• Members

Posted 15 April 2016 - 12:23 PM

I didn't have to do anything special.  Just ran the program.  I did have to get 2.50.1 to get ZQuest to work right once I got Windows 10 though because the 2.50 would crash when I placed an item.  Try making sure you have the most recent version because there may be some tweaks made that allow to run on 10.

Actually let me amend that.  I always launch using zlaunch-w.exe and in Windowed mode.  I just realized that I'd never run Zelda Classic stand alone since I upgraded so I went and tried that and it did not display properly.  So yeah, try using the launcher and make sure you have screen mode set to Window.

Thanks I will give that a try. I am stuck in level 1 (already) without that first key so went and got the candle and shield and in level 2 the blue boomer. Going back now to level 1, maybe I needed the candle. Thanks for the game.

#80 Mister Snooze

Mister Snooze

Paladin

• Members

Posted 15 April 2016 - 05:15 PM

I tried this but it open in a very small window. I tried all the resolutions but still the same problem, what am I missing

#81 fireyf

fireyf

Initiate

• Members

Posted 15 April 2016 - 05:50 PM

Hmm... not sure.  How small is very small?  Mine is small but adequate.  Maybe it's the resolution you have the OS.  And yes, that's 175 deaths, don't laugh, I just really suck.zclassic_zpsbf07ynml.png

#82 Mister Snooze

Mister Snooze

Paladin

• Members

Posted 15 April 2016 - 07:08 PM

Hmm... not sure.  How small is very small?  Mine is small but adequate.  Maybe it's the resolution you have the OS.  And yes, that's 175 deaths, don't laugh, I just really suck.

He He He, Ha Ha Ha, Ho Ho Ho, Hardy Har Har, tee hee

just kidding

Looks like your screen is the same size as mine, oh well

Edited by Mister Snooze, 15 April 2016 - 07:49 PM.

#83 arieltap

arieltap

Adept

• Members

Posted 16 April 2016 - 03:36 PM

Is there a clue room to this here puzzle? If so, I just can't see it (or I haven't been there yet...). Or is it a red herring? Or do I just suck? Or any combination of the afore mentioned? (Lots of options...):

zelda029_zpstz0ovser.png

Thanks.

#84 fireyf

fireyf

Initiate

• Members

Posted 16 April 2016 - 05:54 PM

Is there a clue room to this here puzzle? If so, I just can't see it (or I haven't been there yet...). Or is it a red herring? Or do I just suck? Or any combination of the afore mentioned? (Lots of options...):

zelda029_zpstz0ovser.png

Thanks.

clockwise: left right up down

• arieltap likes this

#85 Matthew Bluefox

Matthew Bluefox

Meow

• Members

Posted 17 April 2016 - 06:04 AM

Innovative map design for Level Nine. ^^

#86 arieltap

arieltap

Adept

• Members

Posted 17 April 2016 - 03:57 PM

Many times frustrating, occasionally diabolical, sometimes unfair, but mostly enjoyable quest!

zelda031_zpsgfbvmbob.png

Thank you, fireyf. Quest on.

#87 schoochie662

schoochie662

Wizard

• Members

Posted 17 April 2016 - 04:52 PM

Many times frustrating, occasionally diabolical, sometimes unfair, but mostly enjoyable quest!

zelda031_zpsgfbvmbob.png

I would tend to lean more on the diabolical part! haha

• arieltap likes this

#88 fireyf

fireyf

Initiate

• Members

Posted 18 April 2016 - 09:06 PM

zelda031_zpsgfbvmbob.png

Glad to hear you had fun with it.  Now to come up with something new and more advanced for next time.

• arieltap likes this

#89 TheTrueMarioMaster

TheTrueMarioMaster

Initiate

• Members

Posted 04 August 2016 - 11:11 PM

Why is everything so vague and hidden in this quest, it took me a while to find level one with finding level two before level one though I can't find level three even with the hint of going to the area with the rocks and lynels (and the obvious looking place to bomb doesn't bombable so unless the game breaks in ZC 2.50.2 so that you can't bomb that place I don't know where to bomb).  Just seem to have bad luck with finishing quests lately.

#90 fireyf

fireyf

Initiate

• Members

Posted 06 August 2016 - 06:58 PM

Why is everything so vague and hidden in this quest, it took me a while to find level one with finding level two before level one though I can't find level three even with the hint of going to the area with the rocks and lynels (and the obvious looking place to bomb doesn't bombable so unless the game breaks in ZC 2.50.2 so that you can't bomb that place I don't know where to bomb).  Just seem to have bad luck with finishing quests lately.

Just sent you a PM in response to your inquiry.  I was aiming for a Zelda 1 feel which could be very vague at times.  Plus hidden stuff gives you more exploring to do.  Just a warning, I used items in unconventional ways.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users