A Simple Quest

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#31 Gold Ring

Gold Ring

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 26 March 2016 - 06:32 PM

You must have missed a room in Level 4 if you didn't get the bracelet there.  If i recall correctly, it is behind a locked door in the northeastern quadrant of Level 4, near the shop that sells keys. 

#32 Gendof

Gendof

Illustrious

• Members

Posted 27 March 2016 - 10:29 AM

Gold Ring,

Where did you find Level 6?  I've been looking all over and getting murdered up north.

Nevermind, found it.

Edited by Gendof, 27 March 2016 - 10:51 AM.

#33 Spelunker

Spelunker

So Long, and Thanks for all the Fish

• Members

Posted 27 March 2016 - 08:25 PM

Looking for the arrow, whistle, letter and the level 3 (Magic?) sword.

#34 Gold Ring

Gold Ring

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 27 March 2016 - 08:46 PM

The arrow can bought in a shop in the southwestern part of the overworld for 20 rupees.  I think I needed to bomb a rock to uncover the entrance.

If I remember correctly, the whistle is in Level 5, and you'll need it in order to get the magic sword.

#35 Spelunker

Spelunker

So Long, and Thanks for all the Fish

• Members

Posted 27 March 2016 - 08:53 PM

The arrow can bought in a shop in the southwestern part of the overworld for 20 rupees.  I think I needed to bomb a rock to uncover the entrance.

If I remember correctly, the whistle is in Level 5, and you'll need it in order to get the magic sword.

Thanks, also looking for the letter.

#36 Gendof

Gendof

Illustrious

• Members

Posted 28 March 2016 - 11:29 AM

I cannot find Level 7.

I have whistled, bombed and burned all over the place to no avail.

#37 Gold Ring

Gold Ring

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 28 March 2016 - 04:21 PM

Level 7 is hard to find.  You should bomb a rock to the northwest of Level 6 (near a waterfall/river); the cave will take you two screens to the north.  At that screen (which is still near the waterfall/river), you need to whistle.  When the water goes away, go south and use your wand to make the blocks disappear.

#38 fireyf

fireyf

Initiate

• Members

Posted 28 March 2016 - 08:47 PM

Didn't realize there was a thread for this.  I'll come by periodically to give hints.  Seems a lot of you are having trouble finding the letter.  Go to the screen west of the lost woods and start burning bushes.

Just to reveal how cruel I am with my game, I meant to make the magic key require all your heart containers, but forgot, so you'd only have it for level 9 where there are locked doors but no keys.

Anyways, have fun in level 8.  MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

started yesterday, went straight to level -2, but troubles playing this on win7 , even in compatibility mode, can't see the menu on left  side up screen, - need to  do some in here.... :confused:

Hmm.... I'm on Windows 10 and it's running fine.  Also ran when I was on 7.  I wonder what's causing the problem.

#39 Gold Ring

Gold Ring

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 28 March 2016 - 09:19 PM

Fireyf - glad you can join the conversation. I've been holding down the fort as best as I could.

I just completed the quest; it took me exactly 11 hours and 2 deaths.   I'll collect my thoughts and then post a review of this quest in the coming days. 

I think some of the troubles we were having are due to things that are not "traditionally" done in Zelda quests, like removing regular-looking blocks with the magic wand, or burning a bush on the very edge of the screen (like where the letter is).  In fact, sometimes when we are near the edge, we can't even use our items.

Thanks for making this quest, fireyf;  I hope you will consider making more in the future.

#40 fireyf

fireyf

Initiate

• Members

Posted 28 March 2016 - 09:38 PM

Fireyf - glad you can join the conversation. I've been holding down the fort as best as I could.

I just completed the quest; it took me exactly 11 hours and 2 deaths.   I'll collect my thoughts and then post a review of this quest in the coming days. 

I think some of the troubles we were having are due to things that are not "traditionally" done in Zelda quests, like removing regular-looking blocks with the magic wand, or burning a bush on the very edge of the screen (like where the letter is).  In fact, sometimes when we are near the edge, we can't even use our items.

Thanks for making this quest, fireyf;  I hope you will consider making more in the future.

Yeah, I was trying to make it so you couldn't duck back in the door way, since you can't in the original LOZ ,and fight so I turned off using items on edges.  It didn't quite work like I planned.  That's an easy fix.  I'm going to leave the magic key available like it is but I think I'm going to change that edges thing.  It's fine in dungeons but on the overworld where there are no walls it's kind of a pain.  I really didn't notice this until just the other day while I was playing through it.  So yeah, I'll make that fix after posting this and upload the revised game.

Yeah, I went against tradition a bit.  Since I haven't learned scripting yet I had to find creative ways to add challenges that made players have to really work at figuring things out.  Everyone bombs and burns odd walls and bushes to find stuff.

You're welcome for making it and thanks in advance for reviewing.  I make movie commentaries that I sell on Rifftrax and most customers don't bother to leave reviews so I appreciate feedback when I get it.

p.s. I suck at fighting enemies.  I'm at 28 deaths in my own game.  :lol:

#41 Gendof

Gendof

Illustrious

• Members

Posted 29 March 2016 - 12:19 PM

This is a very imaginative quest!

It's challenging, not too tough game play but unusual placements and uses of weapons.

But where, oh where, is Level 8?

#42 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 29 March 2016 - 12:33 PM

Just beat Level 4 and I realised I still haven't found the Blue Ring yet. I also don't have a Ladder yet to get to the other end of the overworld. Not sure if I can get the Blue Ring or Ladder now but I feel like I missed them somewhere...

#43 fireyf

fireyf

Initiate

• Members

Posted 29 March 2016 - 01:28 PM

Just beat Level 4 and I realised I still haven't found the Blue Ring yet. I also don't have a Ladder yet to get to the other end of the overworld. Not sure if I can get the Blue Ring or Ladder now but I feel like I missed them somewhere...

You haven't missed either yet.  If you got both treasures in level 4 you can get to the other end of the overworld.  You'll need the treasure in level 5 to get the blue ring.  My mistake, the raft in level 3 will get you to the blue ring, but you'll still need to get to the other side of the overworld.

This is a very imaginative quest!

It's challenging, not too tough game play but unusual placements and uses of weapons.

But where, oh where, is Level 8?

Would you like a clue or would you prefer a little more time to figure it out?

Edited by fireyf, 29 March 2016 - 01:26 PM.

#44 Gendof

Gendof

Illustrious

• Members

Posted 29 March 2016 - 02:03 PM

just a wee hint, please.

#45 fireyf

fireyf

Initiate

• Members

Posted 29 March 2016 - 02:31 PM

There's a clue about a pathway in a mirage of bushes.  Find that and get to the other end of it.  Then find the screen with the armos statues and move them to get another clue.  Use that clue and remember that if I used a mechanic once I probably used it again.  If you haven't crossed the big lake in the 2nd overworld you'll need to figure that out first and there is an old man with a clue of how to get across.

Edited by fireyf, 29 March 2016 - 02:32 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users