A Simple Quest

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#1 ms_zelda_lady

ms_zelda_lady

Warrior

• Members

Posted 24 March 2016 - 01:40 PM

I can't seem tp find level 3. I've been walking around bombing and burning but no level 3. Am I missing a treasure from level 2?

Thanks in advance.

• ML1014 likes this

#2 ML1014

ML1014

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 24 March 2016 - 02:29 PM

I was just about to ask the same question. I finished the first two levels, but couldn't find the third one. I was wondering if maybe I needed a ladder to get across the river on the right side of the overworld.

Also, I have five hearts but was unable to pick up the white sword. Do I need more?

#3 ms_zelda_lady

ms_zelda_lady

Warrior

• Members

Posted 24 March 2016 - 03:34 PM

To get the White Sword you need 6 hearts ML1014. I just sent you a PM about it. I'm at a standstill cause I still can't figure out where level 3 is.

#4 Gold Ring

Gold Ring

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 24 March 2016 - 05:00 PM

I am in the same boat as the two of you - in search of Level 3.   I only got a silver boomerang in Level 2.

Where is the white sword?  I have the six hearts, thanks to a heart container found in a burnable bush near the overworld starting point.

#5 ML1014

ML1014

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 24 March 2016 - 05:09 PM

I am in the same boat as the two of you - in search of Level 3.   I only got a silver boomerang in Level 2.

Where is the white sword?  I have the six hearts, thanks to a heart container found in a burnable bush near the overworld starting point.

The white sword is one screen away from Level 2. Try pushing things in all directions.

#6 ML1014

ML1014

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 24 March 2016 - 06:20 PM

Ugh, talk about a search for level 3. I finally found it. A hint: Bomb an area near the point where the river meets the waterfall. That'll take you to a different part of the overworld where rocks fall. Then bombs away near a bottom facing mountain.

Edited by ML1014, 24 March 2016 - 06:22 PM.

#7 ms_zelda_lady

ms_zelda_lady

Warrior

• Members

Posted 24 March 2016 - 09:01 PM

I finally found it. Thanks ML1014

Edited by ms_zelda_lady, 24 March 2016 - 09:49 PM.

• vravelo and ML1014 like this

#8 vravelo

vravelo

I was killed a lot""---, try me now..!

• Members

Posted 24 March 2016 - 10:05 PM

I finally found it. Thanks ML1014

ms_zelda_lady,, how nice talking to you, a friend from the past....! a truly warrior.! I see you're fighting on this quest, will download and try to play on this windows seven".. will call you for help  :clap: 

#9 ML1014

ML1014

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 24 March 2016 - 10:06 PM

Talk about a random place to put a level, eh??? Especially since level 4 is in a super obvious location! lol

#10 Gold Ring

Gold Ring

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 24 March 2016 - 10:35 PM

Thanks ML1014!  I hope the ladder is in Level 3 so I can explore the eastern part of the overworld.

#11 ML1014

ML1014

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 24 March 2016 - 11:04 PM

Thanks ML1014!  I hope the ladder is in Level 3 so I can explore the eastern part of the overworld.

I'm thinking the ladder is in Level 4...haven't started it yet. I'm noticing that getting the dungeon items follows the pattern of the original Legend of Zelda quest: bow and wooden boomerang in level 1, magic boomerang in level 2, raft in level 3, etc.

#12 Gold Ring

Gold Ring

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 24 March 2016 - 11:22 PM

Yup, you were right. I finished Level 3 with no ladder.   Started Level 4, which is huge according to the map.  There's a red candle in Level 4, which doesn't follow the original Zelda order, but given the size of the dungeon, the ladder might also be in there.    I am going to start the level over (retry) next time, because if you make a mistake with the keys,  you need to pay 250 rupees to buy an extra key.  And, of course, I made a mistake but am too "cheap" to pay for the key, so I will start over next time and try a different path.

#13 ms_zelda_lady

ms_zelda_lady

Warrior

• Members

Posted 25 March 2016 - 12:02 AM

BTW there are 2 treasures in level 4 but neither is a ladder. I had lots of money so I bought a key and so far I don't need it. I'm now looking for the way to the Boss. I don't know how you are missing a key Gold Ring cause I've done the whole map and I still have one key.You're gonna love this quest vravelo. It's really fun well, except for spending many hours looking for level 3.....LOL I'm off to bed. Have fun everybody  

#14 vravelo

vravelo

I was killed a lot""---, try me now..!

• Members

Posted 25 March 2016 - 09:15 AM

started yesterday, went straight to level -2, but troubles playing this on win7 , even in compatibility mode, can't see the menu on left  side up screen, - need to  do some in here.... :confused:

#15 Gold Ring

Gold Ring

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 25 March 2016 - 02:42 PM

OK, I think I have gotten just as far as you in Level 4, ms_zelda_lady.  I have several issues with the design of this dungeon.  Initially there are only two accessible keys, but there are three locked doors.  If you use either of those keys on 2 of those 3 doors (the doors to the two treasure rooms), then you will have to buy at least one key to proceed.  That's a 33% chance you will pick the correct door (with the path leading to more keys so that you don't have to buy any.)

THEN, let's say that you do pick the correct locked door.  Behind it is another locked door, so you must use both of those keys outright.   There are three more keys you can find in the portion of the dungeon (the southeastern quadrant) that you open up.  There is also a locked door in that area, but the locked room doesn't seem to do anything, at least I haven't found the secret if there is one.   So, for now it's a wasted key.    The path to the boss is still unknown to me (does it have anything to do with that locked room?).    Going to what appears to be (on the map) as the boss room sends you to a room off-map (with apparently nothing there).   So, I have to stop this dungeon for now.  At least with the two treasures, I can try exploring the overworld some more.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users