Randomiser BS Zelda Version

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#31 Joki

Joki

Adept

• Members

Posted 19 November 2014 - 08:28 AM

Yes, that sword is AWESOME.  Missing treasure chest with rupee inside, gold arrow bag and gold bomb bag in top row; red scrolls at end of second and fourth rows, and last ring which is green.

Agreed. Just got the level 6 sword myself at the end of the true arena… Haven't quite finished yet… but am currently on 200 items.

Please can we have level 6 swords in other quests guys?

Im struggling to get to the boss in level 14 Chaos… Any tips?

Edited by Joki, 19 November 2014 - 08:50 AM.

#32 phatjak69

phatjak69

Junior

• Members

Posted 19 November 2014 - 11:24 AM

Keep going through the stairs

• Joki likes this

#33 HylianGlaceon

HylianGlaceon

Magus

• Members

Posted 20 November 2014 - 03:36 PM

So there's 215 items total to find then?

I started my second run a few days ago, it's been quite a bit... interesting with the items I've gotten.

Randomizer33_zps0e04f8ba.png

So Wizzrobes and Darknuts still have to be hit with that Level 1 Hammer or Bombs assuming I'm willing to use those at that point. Only recently got the Wand. No Rings and Wooden Sword still.

#34 Dockside2012

Dockside2012

• Members

Posted 21 November 2014 - 11:27 PM

I wonder if there's gonna be a randomizer quest for the Zelda Outlands hack.

• KingPridenia likes this

#35 HeroOfFire

HeroOfFire

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 22 November 2014 - 06:46 PM

Thanks to some additional feedback, I've posted an update with some bugfixes, one rather game breaking.

Just as a note, all the BS Dungeons are recreated from their original designs, including odd quirks like info guys behind locked doors and rooms not shown on the map. The BS Level 9 locations are a reference to where you found "Level 9" in those games.

As amusing as an Outlands randomizer would be, it took quite some effort to recreate BS Zelda as closely as possible, including using the BS Zelda website for maps and watching LPs to see how dungeons were supposed to play. I have not found as much information for Outlands, so just recreating the experience could take some time. Plus, one level defies logic and fits in a 9 by 8 grid, which NES dungeons can't replicate.

I did update that one secret Patra to look more like the one from Outlands, is that good enough?

#36 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 22 November 2014 - 11:54 PM

A bit early for a Gohma here.  And nothing for killing it.  Not sure the exact purpose of the Gohma, if any

zelda002_zps98257a14.png

#37 KingPridenia

KingPridenia

King of Pridenia, Safehaven of the LGBTQ

• Members

Posted 23 November 2014 - 12:16 AM

@Dockside2012: Yeah, unless somehow a script could be made to have a 9x8 dungeon grid or have to use a different map altogether. The other problem is duplicating other things, such as Triforce pieces being in the passageways and having those staircases just randomly appear out of nowhere. Not to mention one room has a Gleeok head flying around in it. Also, I don't think people would like the "ONE WAY!" guys very much, and changing the enemy sprites around would confuse people. Oh, and the gimmick with the 2nd quest having to pinball between Level O and U a few times before FINALLY going to level T for the Wooden Sword would probably turn off most people. People don't want to have to gather 3-4 Baits to use in one dungeon. Then you have the triple back-to-back 4-headed Gleeok rooms in Level U.

To be honest, I would kill to see the Carock and Stalfos sprites that replace Gleeok and Aquamentus respectively, since they're not on the default tileset. Anyway, apologies for my off-topic post.

#38 Dockside2012

Dockside2012

• Members

Posted 23 November 2014 - 03:43 AM

@Dockside2012: Yeah, unless somehow a script could be made to have a 9x8 dungeon grid or have to use a different map altogether. The other problem is duplicating other things, such as Triforce pieces being in the passageways and having those staircases just randomly appear out of nowhere. Not to mention one room has a Gleeok head flying around in it. Also, I don't think people would like the "ONE WAY!" guys very much, and changing the enemy sprites around would confuse people. Oh, and the gimmick with the 2nd quest having to pinball between Level O and U a few times before FINALLY going to level T for the Wooden Sword would probably turn off most people. People don't want to have to gather 3-4 Baits to use in one dungeon. Then you have the triple back-to-back 4-headed Gleeok rooms in Level U.

To be honest, I would kill to see the Carock and Stalfos sprites that replace Gleeok and Aquamentus respectively, since they're not on the default tileset. Anyway, apologies for my off-topic post.

1. I think the only way to go around the 9x8 map issue is to create a second map for that dungeon that is used for any rooms that won't fit into its main map.

2. With the triforce rooms, the staircases can be removed and have the item appear in the room instead. In the case of Level 8, the compass can be located in the room just south of its triforce room. As for rooms with random staircases, we can just add a block that activates the stairs.

3. It may take a while for people to get used to the graphic changes, and many folks may find the whole "ONE WAY!" thing almost as annoying as that dog from duck hunt, but i don't believe either of these things would be a deal breaker.

4. Flying Gleeok heads could be replaced with either a two-head gleeok, or any strong enemy that moves like a flying Gleeok head (i.e. those bats that drop magic jars).

5. With the item randomization taken place, as well as more dungeons existing due to more quests being added, I doubt we would be in a position where we would be required constantly to go back and forth with multiple dungeons... unless the quest creator somehow makes it that way. I don't mind backtracking, but I agree, that whole thing with levels O and U was a not-so-fun experience.

6. Level O alone has FIVE hungry goblins in it (http://tasvideos.org...lands/Q2L1O.png)! What I would do is to have at least one room with hungry goblins and replace the rest with something else. I would replace the baits with randomized items, but this would mean that this level would have a total of 9 items, in which some may see as overkill. But if that's the case, he may replace them with blue rupees. I would also make it to where there can only be two levels with one hungry goblin per quest.

7. Even in the actual hack, it is not required to face those four-headed gleeoks early on; you could finish doing the other dungeons first, then return to kill them.

I figured making a randomizer quest would be a lot of work, but it seems one for Zelda Outlands may be a REAL piece of work! A randomizer quest does not have to be 100% identical to whatever game its based on. It's no big deal if there won't be a randomizer quest for Zelda Outlands. It was just a suggestion.

Edited by Dockside2012, 23 November 2014 - 03:51 AM.

#39 HylianGlaceon

HylianGlaceon

Magus

• Members

Posted 23 November 2014 - 05:07 PM

So I'm currently stuck at 212 items and seem to be missing the two scrolls (Lv2 Spin Attack and Hurricane Spin). Anyone know where I might be able to locate the dungeon/s with them in it? I feel like I've Lens and dived everywhere in the quest already.

#40 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 23 November 2014 - 07:51 PM

So I'm currently stuck at 212 items and seem to be missing the two scrolls (Lv2 Spin Attack and Hurricane Spin). Anyone know where I might be able to locate the dungeon/s with them in it? I feel like I've Lens and dived everywhere in the quest already.

Did you fully explore level 16, including backtracking?

#41 HylianGlaceon

HylianGlaceon

Magus

• Members

Posted 23 November 2014 - 10:34 PM

Did you fully explore level 16, including backtracking?

I thought I did, but I guess I missed that one corner. Thanks for the help.

#42 Love For Fire

Love For Fire

Adept

• Members

Posted 23 November 2014 - 11:43 PM

Missing: Gold Chest (Wallet), Gold Quiver, Gold Bomb Bag, Rupee Ring and Rumble Pak. Have 211 items. Any hints on where to find these?

#43 Dockside2012

Dockside2012

• Members

Posted 24 November 2014 - 12:38 AM

Thanks to some additional feedback, I've posted an update with some bugfixes, one rather game breaking.

Just as a note, all the BS Dungeons are recreated from their original designs, including odd quirks like info guys behind locked doors and rooms not shown on the map. The BS Level 9 locations are a reference to where you found "Level 9" in those games.

As amusing as an Outlands randomizer would be, it took quite some effort to recreate BS Zelda as closely as possible, including using the BS Zelda website for maps and watching LPs to see how dungeons were supposed to play. I have not found as much information for Outlands, so just recreating the experience could take some time. Plus, one level defies logic and fits in a 9 by 8 grid, which NES dungeons can't replicate.

I did update that one secret Patra to look more like the one from Outlands, is that good enough?

Outland sprites are always welcome. RedmageAdam had replied to me as well about this. He mentioned that although he also wishes to see an Outlands Randomizer, he explained to me some other reasons on why that maybe difficult to accomplish. You don't have to do it if you don't want. I was just suggesting.

• KingPridenia likes this

#44 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 24 November 2014 - 01:10 AM

Missing: Gold Chest (Wallet), Gold Quiver, Gold Bomb Bag, Rupee Ring and Rumble Pak. Have 211 items. Any hints on where to find these?

gold chest and rumble pak are easter eggs and don't count to total.  

rupee ring:  why did that moblin give only 1 rupee?  is he hiding something?

for the other two, the Chaos level isn't apparently hectic enough.  lens at the end...

#45 Klokinator

Klokinator

• Members

Posted 11 December 2014 - 12:42 AM

So are we able to edit any of the dungeons in these randomizers? Real sick and tired of one way doors that magically turn into walls. It's bullshit fake difficulty and makes the game tedious.

• Shane likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users