246 replies to this topic

#121 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 17 March 2016 - 12:07 AM

I think he quit.

Well damn, that sucks. It's really unfortunate that he left.

Does this mean you'll be working on Lost Isle 2, or will there likely not be a sequel?

#122 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 17 March 2016 - 12:34 AM

Peteo took an unexpected leave while he was producing his game. As far as I can tell, his ambitions were pretty high. But he hasn't returned to PureZC since then, and it seems unlikely at this point that he will.

Unless he is working on it in the background, I would say this quest is cancelled because DFW has already declared having no part of it.

I'd take a bet that Lost Isle 2 is dead, mainly due to him leaving PureZC.

Edited by NewJourneysFire, 17 March 2016 - 12:35 AM.

#123 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 04 May 2016 - 09:53 PM

Yes, I have no plans on starting Lost Isle 2 and even if I did, it wouldn't be in Zelda Classic anymore but some other engine instead.

#124 Naru

Naru

Magus

• Members

Posted 06 July 2016 - 12:47 PM

What is the solution of the maze path in Xaagan wastelands? I am too dumb to use the hints. Or at least too dumb to translate them correctly. Also, is there a meaning to the hidden stone tables, seems nit like you can do anyrhing with them.

#125 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 08 July 2016 - 10:25 AM

I think it's right, down, right, left.

If you're talking about the really hidden stone tablets, I think it's just random info about the island's history

• Naru likes this

#126 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 10 March 2017 - 11:32 AM

Peteo took an unexpected leave while he was producing his game. As far as I can tell, his ambitions were pretty high. But he hasn't returned to PureZC since then, and it seems unlikely at this point that he will.

Unless he is working on it in the background, I would say this quest is cancelled because DFW has already declared having no part of it.

I'd take a bet that Lost Isle 2 is dead, mainly due to him leaving PureZC.

Hey guys. Just wanted to post a status update because I feel bad for disappearing and leaving everyone wondering about a possible Lost Isle 2:

The only good news is that I've had the quest pretty much planned out for the last few years already. The bad news is that it may be a bit too ambitious project for ZC due to its size and complexity (did a lot of experimenting with scripts but couldn't get them to work even with help). I got frustrated and decided to take an indefinite break from ZC. During that break I got myself busy with a lot of other great stuff, so game making took a backseat in my life. Which is a shame because I consider myself a very talented game designer and I have a pretty damn awesome plans for Lost Isle 2, but real life and my weak scripting skills just won't let me even start the damn quest. And even if I ever get the chance to get back at making games, I might want to stay away from Zelda altogether and create something of my own, 100% from scratch.

So to put it briefly: Don't hold your breath on Lost Isle 2. Sorry to disappoint all those who were waiting for some good news but better be honest than to give everyone false hope.

With that out of the way, I find it enjoyable watching all the LPs of Lost Isle that can be found from Youtube. And during my break I noticed that I've received some nice messages from you guys. Really happy for all the nice words (and also the not so nice words, negative feedback is also welcome!). 

Wolfie, if you're still out there somewhere, I hope you're doing well! If I've understood correctly, you're still in the "game making business", just on a different platform? 

Hmm, I wonder what has happened during these 2 years. Is ZC doing better or worse? Any new AAA-quests released during these two years? Have to find out and maybe stick around for a while. :)

Edited by Peteo, 10 March 2017 - 11:37 AM.

• ShadowTiger, Nathaniel, Deedee and 3 others like this

#127 SofaKing

SofaKing

Defender

• Members

Posted 15 April 2017 - 12:21 PM

So many, many years ago I tried to play this but felt overwhelmed and gave up pretty early on.   I'm now more skilled and patient and decided to give it another shot.  I'm glad I did.  I'm very much enjoying myself.   I'm giving it a much better go too as I just reached Level 3.  I've had to look up a couple things (missed a bombable wall in L1 and a place to flip the world in L2) but overall I'm mostly progressing on my own.  I do have a couple questions though --

1)  I'm still rocking the wooden sword and green tunic.  Could/should I have upgraded one or both by now?  If so a hint as to where would be great;  2)  Should I also be getting triforce pieces?   I found something called Triforce dungeon #3 but never found either one or two;  3)  I found the fish and entered the windmill.  Am I supposed to get anything in there?   Or is it just a weird side world there for fun?  Thanks!    

#128 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 15 April 2017 - 12:36 PM

A better sword is in a canyon. Better tunic at the far north in a bonus dungeon. Triforce pieces are a big sidequest. The windmill dungeon has an end with a reward, it's just easy to get stuck there.

:)

#129 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 15 April 2017 - 12:38 PM

Feel free to watch my LP if you're looking for something specific.  Easier than trying to explain exactly where stuff is.

Edited by pixcalibur, 15 April 2017 - 12:38 PM.

#130 SofaKing

SofaKing

Defender

• Members

Posted 15 April 2017 - 01:08 PM

Thanks!  I'll probably see if I can do Level 3 equipped as I am then go searching for these things before moving on and looking for Level 4.  

#131 vravelo

vravelo

I was killed a lot""---, try me now..!

• Members

Posted 20 April 2017 - 12:32 PM

what to do after beating level  -1 ..? , there is a transport on the triangle room, I get inn and see some other place, but can't do nothing its bring me back inside -- a little help in here please,,!! never played this before, got thee raffle and some bombs....

#132 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 20 April 2017 - 03:28 PM

You've gotta head to that other place now. If you take a look at this handy-dandy map, you're in the swamps at the bottom left right now. Level 2 is in the lava flows at the bottom right. The cutscene after you beat level 1 showed a barrier disappearing near the entrance to the lava flows, so you can go that way now. Any time you beat a main dungeon in this game, it'll lower a barrier somewhere else on the island, so pay attention to where that is.

#133 vravelo

vravelo

I was killed a lot""---, try me now..!

• Members

Posted 21 April 2017 - 12:27 PM

thanks RUSS made some progress after that  even got the flute for moving those big blocks on the way

but still can't  my way to the second level .... :unsure:  :unsure: 

#134 SofaKing

SofaKing

Defender

• Members

Posted 21 April 2017 - 01:42 PM

You should have everything you need to get there. The bow and arrow, item from level 1, bombs, the bracelet and the ocarina if I'm recalling correctly. Look around the lava flows area (not the mountain above the village, the area to the east of the village). The entrance is a very noticeable screen that's also marked on the map. You have to start below it, loop around, and approach it from the north. Have fun. If you thought Level one was confusing...

I'm several years late to the party but see why this quest generated so much conversation. I kind of have a love/hate relationship with it, but damn if I can't stop playing it. I just finished Level 3.

#135 Air Luigi

Air Luigi

Tio guachi

• Members

Posted 21 April 2017 - 05:52 PM

Level 4 is the best ZC dungeon. Get prepared for a blast.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users