Tropicana Island

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#31 chiefbigcalf

chiefbigcalf

Warrior

• Members

Posted 27 September 2011 - 12:06 PM

The shop still has a bug when you come out...it is only accessible in spring, tho you can get to it in summer, but the door is closed.

The rooms to the right of the tri-force rooms - do you ever enter those rooms? I haven't in all 4 levels.

Also, the next level is buggy ( the penta levels)when continuing - you get sent to entrances that you haven't been to.

WHEN DO YOU GET A SWORD??

Penta - in summer, I swam down from start - entered penta - saved and then started in left, middle entrance when I resumed from the save. Continuing worked ok, but the save sent me to that different entrance

From the little I played, the continue/start/save are really confusing as to where you continue....also, there was no music...is penta finished?

Penta needs work...it is pretty much unplayable (regrettably so...really has possibilities, too)

Edited by chiefbigcalf, 27 September 2011 - 06:23 PM.

#32 tox_von

tox_von

Zelda Addict

• Members

Posted 27 September 2011 - 06:44 PM

I haven't played the game through as a whole quest much I've only played it one level at a time and each time i add new stuff to fill the emptyness so its hard to notice stuff wrong.

The room to the right was to add symetry to the map i couldnt think of what to add here.

The penta levels i was working on most recently a few weeks ago they mostly work. There may be some shutter doors not done and there is one place with a dive warp to nowhere.

The L1 sword isnt given until the L6 bit of Penta and it only stabs and does less damage than the wand and the L2 Sword which is the same as the wand isnt given until the L9 bit of Penta and it only stabs slash should be found around this time but isnt done yet. The sword is really only used for cutting bushes and hitting switches.

I dont know why the program sets the continue place wrong it tried to fix this in the last level it think it is a bug with the program ive seen it in other quests to(Links Birthday has the same thing).

I just uploaded a new version that fixes the shop the ladder and the continue at the top left warps to the L5 entrance to Penta for continues but it will always have to be set here even for later levels unless i can add code and trip switchs to determine what level the continue needs to go to i cant fix this.The continue points in the game were already set here.

If there are any more problems point to these specifically and i can fix them.

Edited by tox_von, 28 September 2011 - 12:02 AM.

#33 chiefbigcalf

chiefbigcalf

Warrior

• Members

Posted 28 September 2011 - 09:15 AM

Continue in Goron Hill is a bug....takes you back to the start but it still says Goron Hill and you can't go thru the door to the west..you should re-play Penta and intentionally die and continue in various places,rooms, seasons and see how buggy it is...not saying this as criticism, just it would be the best way for you to see exactly what and where the problems occur

Edited by chiefbigcalf, 28 September 2011 - 06:46 PM.

#34 tox_von

tox_von

Zelda Addict

• Members

Posted 28 September 2011 - 06:19 PM

Goron Hill is a dmap from my last quest i used the same file. I dont know why the program sets you to the wrong dmap sometimes when you continue. I tried to fix this by the warps to the correct season entrance. Did this happen in the lower level i didnt fix this. I will play through an put an update later today.
Usually going through a stump or exiting the dungeon resets the dmap to the correct one.

all seasons now go to this screen and it warps to the L5 entrance i died in all seasons and under bits.
I just downloaded a new file which also fixes some doors with shutters and room warps that didnt go anywhere.
IPB Image

The rooms right of the triforce i was going to put a boss from the main game then my custom boss to fill this bit in.

I added a slash room and fixed some water tiles
IPB Image
IPB Image

Im looking for comments on the Penta level from 5 to 9 if there are any Lurkers viewing this post and playing it i would like comments. As its about 90% complete and once its done all i wil have to do is make the custom bosses and put all the extra items and the quest will be complete this will move faster with comments.

Edited by tox_von, 01 October 2011 - 07:13 AM.

#35 chiefbigcalf

chiefbigcalf

Warrior

• Members

Posted 02 October 2011 - 04:51 AM

Penta spring....after continuing and going back to entranece, you aren't allowed to leave to go outside

#36 Red Phazon

Red Phazon

Adept

• Members

Posted 02 October 2011 - 10:22 PM

I haven't played your quest, but I have a suggestion to make based on the screenshots. I think it would be a bit more interesting to change the palette for each season a little bit for variety and also so it's easier to tell the difference between them.

#37 tox_von

tox_von

Zelda Addict

• Members

Posted 03 October 2011 - 07:00 AM

The screens are mostly from spring(green) the other seasons have summer(red), winter(blue) and autumn(orange) there are also seasonal blocks based on this.

I couldn't find the Penta spring block i died and continued and died and went to the warp screen and they both let you exit.
But i fixed this screen. I also added sound but only the original dungeon theme i was planning on finding a new one. I also fixed a continue point in Penta autumn. And i uploaded this version.

IPB Image

I fixed 3 Lock Blocks. The quest should play all the way through now except bosses aren't done and bomb houses and magic jars aren't all done.

Edited by tox_von, 05 October 2011 - 10:42 PM.

#38 chiefbigcalf

chiefbigcalf

Warrior

• Members

Posted 06 October 2011 - 03:52 AM

Continuing in winter....can't exit

#39 tox_von

tox_von

Zelda Addict

• Members

Posted 06 October 2011 - 10:58 PM

What Level entrance did you die in winter and spring in? I died after entering at the L5 one both under and over and when it sends you to the warp room bit and you can always exit.
Have you played through any of Penta L5-9? I'm looking for comments on this( i like the way it weaves one level into another but i dont know if anyone else will.)

#40 tox_von

tox_von

Zelda Addict

• Members

Posted 08 October 2011 - 12:47 AM

Why did my thread get moved here? My quest still has flaws with the exits and its not fully finished.

Is there a virus there seems to be odd topics here?

I did some more tiles here heaps of water joiner tiles i will soon do some mock ups for bosses and do a few move combos and then my quest will be roughly finished but i dont know what i can do about the continue stuff.

IPB Image
IPB Image

i JUST UPLOADED A NEW UPDATE most things are now fixed from previous stuff except all the continues in Quatro will go to the L1 bit and All in penta will go to the L5 entrance.

13/10 Another Update i fixed the bom houses and majic jar rings i now only have the bosses to do and roughly all is done.

Edited by tox_von, 13 October 2011 - 07:08 AM.

#41 patgarret

patgarret

An old player

• Members

Posted 19 October 2011 - 10:00 AM

A bug.

IPB Image

It happens when I go out the dungeon.

#42 tox_von

tox_von

Zelda Addict

• Members

Posted 19 October 2011 - 09:23 PM

I Fixed This and Synked up the screen in each season better.
Should there be more keys/switches exiting dungeons in different seasons?

#43 patgarret

patgarret

An old player

• Members

Posted 20 October 2011 - 02:32 AM

Downloaded the quest and tried the dungeon, now it is Ok.
Thank you

#44 bull

bull

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 20 October 2011 - 04:16 PM

Hello
i'm looking for the level 3 entrance.Is it in the mountain ?
thanks

#45 tox_von

tox_von

Zelda Addict

• Members

Posted 20 October 2011 - 06:27 PM

It in the pic above. Boomerang in Autumn to the North from the Mid section.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users