Tropicana Island

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#1 tox_von

tox_von

Zelda Addict

• Members

Posted 19 September 2011 - 08:04 AM

Link arrives on a Tropical Island to find it plauged by strange weather. Sumer Autumn Wintwr and Spring all in one day what could be causing it.

TROPICANA ISLAND 2.5

i just did a 2.5 update the first path to dungeon one is fixed.

This is my second quest after A Link to Power. Its mostly pure with some new tiles and its an oos ripoff the stumps now work correctly up to level one i finally did a 2.5 update.
My quest is roughly finished but there are arnt bosses i plan to make custom ones.
im looking for comments/beta testing on what i need to fix. In order to do this myself i need to make a list and play over and over again which is hard.

IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image
IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image

20/9 i fixed a stump to be stairs
25/9 Fixed Continue Points
1/10 fixed water joiner tiles, added slash room
4/10 Fixed Penta Sound and continue points (Im stiil looking for more things here if there are any)
6/10 Made 3 extra lock blocks to use with extra keys
13/10 Fixed Bomb Houses and Majic Jar Rings
28/1/11 Submitted Alpha Release to Zelda Classic Site.

also credit to MoscowModder for helping with scripts

Edited by tox_von, 19 March 2013 - 11:19 PM.

#2 vravelo

vravelo

I was killed a lot""---, try me now..!

• Members

Posted 21 September 2011 - 12:29 PM

Hi!! what player should I use to beta this quest???
would like the less buggy --- thanks
icon_blink.gif icon_blink.gif icon_blink.gif icon_blink.gif

QUOTE(tox_von @ Sep 19 2011, 08:04 AM) View Post

Link arrives on a Tropical Island to find it plauged by strange weather. Sumer Autumn Wintwr and Spring all in one day what could be causing it.

made with version 192.183

dont use 2.10 water lock blocks dont work (but these dont appear until L6 path)and sound might not work correctly.
dont use 2.5rc2 wand doesnt apear cant swim out of dungeons in water and continue points work strange.
This is my second quest after A Link to Power. Its mostly pure with some new tiles and its an oos ripoff the stumps dont work correctly i dont know how to fix this.
My quest is roughly finished but there are extra keys on the paths to the last few dungeons and there arnt bosses i plan to make custom ones. Also bomb houses dont all give bombs.
im looking for comments/beta testing on what i need to fix. In order to do this myself i need to make a list and play over and over again which is hard.

DOWNLOAD
http://download1114....c/tropicana.qst

IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image

20/9 i fixed a stump to be stairs

#3 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 21 September 2011 - 12:38 PM

QUOTE(vravelo @ Sep 21 2011, 07:29 PM) View Post
Hi!! what player should I use to beta this quest?
would like the less buggy --- thanks
icon_blink.gif icon_blink.gif icon_blink.gif icon_blink.gif
He says what version he made it in, you even quoted it. Did you read his entire post? icon_razz.gif

EDIT: I have a question too: why are there so many white transparent(?) X's on the grass? o.o

#4 tox_von

tox_von

Zelda Addict

• Members

Posted 21 September 2011 - 08:11 PM

the x's on the grass are meant to be cracks in the ground in hot climate countrys this happens in the summer on grass. Im not that good at making new tiles some are ok.

#5 chiefbigcalf

chiefbigcalf

Warrior

• Members

Posted 22 September 2011 - 01:00 PM

I have the arrow....
dungeon play is erratic with locked doors not really locking (you can go through but not come back)...perhaps you need to play to see....otherwise, I like the challenge....Quatro Sum, SE corner room leads out to an area...can that be negotiated with limited items and can you get back to original area(s)? Again...I like the challenge a lot!!

Edited by chiefbigcalf, 22 September 2011 - 01:25 PM.

#6 tox_von

tox_von

Zelda Addict

• Members

Posted 22 September 2011 - 05:32 PM

Exits may be buggy because when i play i only go the correct way and dont notice them wrong. The bow is in the same room as the arrow(quatro aut i think. The dungeons are 4 in one which is why stuff is locked and you repeat the dungeon from other places each entrance.I dont think you should be able to get to the SE bit at the start you shouldnt have any items i just uploaded a version with none i left these for testing the later levels.

Edited by tox_von, 22 September 2011 - 07:03 PM.

#7 chiefbigcalf

chiefbigcalf

Warrior

• Members

Posted 23 September 2011 - 05:41 AM

Re-downloaded file with no items - quest makes a lot more sense now - really like what I am seeing....sequentially driven, really have to reason through the seasons to advance. I like. icon_thumbsup.gif

How do you get the boomerang in Quat Aut when you need the boomer to open the path to the boomer??

#8 tox_von

tox_von

Zelda Addict

• Members

Posted 23 September 2011 - 07:35 AM

The boomerang is gotten in Level 2. After you get the first triforce L1 you warp out and you need to find another entrance where you enter from the south east part of the dungeon and the boomerang is in quatro aut where all the gorias(boomerang throwers) are.L2 is in the Lake area in the middle of the map.

#9 chiefbigcalf

chiefbigcalf

Warrior

• Members

Posted 23 September 2011 - 02:03 PM

I s Quatro a level?? Confused...I saw the boomer before when I played in quatro...

Edited by chiefbigcalf, 25 September 2011 - 11:06 AM.

#10 tox_von

tox_von

Zelda Addict

• Members

Posted 23 September 2011 - 06:23 PM

Quatro is 4 levels in one. There are 4 entrances 4 triforces.you keep entering at different points which represents each level.

The boomerang is where you saw it but you enter from the SE and go west to get it.

The quest isnt passworded you can look at the editor maps 1,3,5,7 are each season and 10 and 11 are quatro. You can tell what level your in by how many eyes are at the entrance there is one on each side for L1 two on each side for L2.There are two items for each level. The Bow and Arrow for L1 then you can get to the boss. For L2 you get the boomerang and the Ladder the get to the boss.

I tried to do something different than the normal level system which has been done before and is boring.

#11 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 23 September 2011 - 07:03 PM

QUOTE(tox_von @ Sep 22 2011, 06:32 PM) View Post

Exits may be buggy because when i play i only go the correct way and dont notice them wrong.

This is why you get beta testers, or look for bugs yourself. You have to think of everyone that is going to play your quest, not just you.

#12 tox_von

tox_von

Zelda Addict

• Members

Posted 23 September 2011 - 09:00 PM

This quest is still a beta thats why its not in the quest section i need comments/beta testing on how to get it ready for there.
im trying to make it easier to play and be more flowing.
2.5 rc2 makes screenshots to big i dont know why.

here is where you go to get to the level 2 path shoot an arrow at the sign.

Image Link

#13 chiefbigcalf

chiefbigcalf

Warrior

• Members

Posted 24 September 2011 - 04:46 AM

Here is what/where I've been able to do - it takes 3 keys to get to Quatro. Inside Quatro,Change to winter and come out and get a key. Now I can go back in Quatro and open the locked door to the goriya (boomerang) room which only gets me the compass in summer. Continuing in summer, I can get another key which opens the locked door northward, only to face another locked door but I am out of keys. I don't know where another key is. If I did, I could get to that next room where I know a season changer is and then I could go back and get the boomerang. Two questions : First, is this the route I should be going? Second, if it is, then I need help in finding another key. Again, I agrre with you, I like the challenge of something different. But, I need some help as to where and how to get there. Would like to continue testing this for you - but I don't want any passwords or items out of order (basically, no "cheat" stuff).

I still have the first download and was able to get the bow and arrow - but that was with starting with items. So, I have a good idea where items are...but, we want to be able to do the quest without these items to start with. Help me with those questions above, I can continue testing for you.

Edited by chiefbigcalf, 24 September 2011 - 05:12 AM.

#14 tox_von

tox_von

Zelda Addict

• Members

Posted 24 September 2011 - 07:11 AM

There are two keys in quatro summer L1 bit. One is where the ?? Blocks are hit one with the wand the second is to the right killing the moblins after pushing the 4 blocks to open a door. You can then get to the middle bit of the dungeon and get the bow and arrow.

#15 chiefbigcalf

chiefbigcalf

Warrior

• Members

Posted 24 September 2011 - 04:36 PM

icon_redface.gif icon_redface.gif I should have found that key!!!

In summer in Quatro - room after the boss key room - I died and when I continued I was surrounded by warps and this is where I was warped to:

IPB Image

Don't know if you want that to happen...puts me in another part of the dungeon.

Here is the warp room...in fact when I continued again...this where I went to

IPB Image

However, saving puts me back at the start of the dungeon.

IPB Image

stuck between these two places
IPB Image

Edited by chiefbigcalf, 24 September 2011 - 05:02 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users