Photo

Map of the Month 69

NewJourneysFire

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13 replies to this topic

Poll: Map of the Month 69 (50 member(s) have cast votes)

Nothing witty this time; just vote for your favorite map!

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 29 October 2015 - 11:10 PM

Lunaria
This looks nice... wait, haven't I seen this somewhere before?

NewJourneysFire
Ganon's Darkness may be gone. But the stained purple water remains as a reminder of the hold he once had over Hyrule! In Hyrule Castle, his powerful presence still remains!

ywkls
It is your destiny to explore North Labrynna.

Sheik
"Been there, done that, messed around."

It makes me really happy to see all your high-quality maps! I hope the feeling of satisfaction is mutual.
  • MermaidCim and Avaro like this

#2 MarinaraSauce

MarinaraSauce

Magus

• Members

Posted 30 October 2015 - 05:45 AM

Heh. 69

I liked NJF and ywlks' maps. It probably has a lot to do with the tilesets.
  • ywkls likes this

#3 Logos

Logos

Gnome Child

• Members

Posted 30 October 2015 - 05:50 AM

I voted NJF, but ywkls has improved quite a bit!
  • ywkls likes this

#4 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 30 October 2015 - 06:04 AM

I voted for Sheik. His map has a nice structure, palette and is overall pleasing to look at. It looks professional, sending aLttP and ALBW vibes all around. I would change the bushes on the autumn coloured sections of the map to something more fitting though. They stick out in a bad way.

[insert 69 joke here]

• Jared likes this

#5 Jamian

Jamian

ZC enthusiast

• Members

Posted 30 October 2015 - 07:01 AM

All good maps. I voted for NJF's.

ywkls: Your map looks good but the image is a bit small, making it harder to look at. Could you maybe take a larger screenshot?

Edited by Jamian, 30 October 2015 - 07:01 AM.

• Demonlink and ywkls like this

#6 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 30 October 2015 - 09:13 AM

Not voting since I'm in this one... so here's my thoughts on the others.

Lunaria- I'm guessing that this is for one of the Legend of Lana quests... a lot of variety in the looks of the environment going on here. It also kind of reminds me of the original Legend of Zelda.

NewJourneysFire- Very, very nice in all respects. If I was going to vote for someone else, my vote would go here.

Sheik- I've been watching the development of this map for a while and I like what I see. Keep up the good work!

ywkls: Your map looks good but the image is a bit small, making it harder to look at. Could you maybe take a larger screenshot?

That's probably because of the size I posted it in. I could probably create it using one of the other size settings on the mapmaker, but I'm not sure about how to replace the current screenshot with the new one or even if I can. If I could, would I just need to resubmit it or send the link as a PM to whoever is in charge of this contest? (I'm guessing that's nicklegends.)

Anyways, thanks for your suggestion!

#7 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 30 October 2015 - 12:58 PM

Good contest number. I like.

Lunaria - Good ol' Legend of Lana :P I love how this map barely resembles Z1, but at the same time it's very new and awesome to look at. I love the many different colours around the overworld, it makes the overworld look varied and unique.

NJF - This is really awesome. I love the usage of DoR in this shot, everything looks so good. I also noticed that the whole map is structured like a maze with loads of paths going everywhere. That's pretty cool :P I was also going to make a comment about the purple water and how it doesn't really suit the rest of the image, but I then read the caption so it all makes sense. I still think the purple water looks a bit weird compared to the rest of the screen though :P

ywkls - Kinda wish the map was bigger (but it seems you're going to address that one post above, and yes, the person who runs this is nicklegends). From what I can make out though, there's a lot of OoA resemblance going on here and I can easily recognise most areas, so good job on that.

Sheik - That ALTTP tileset is awesome. So far, this map is coming along really well. I see loads of ALTTP influences here and I love how everything looks with each other. I have no criticisms with this one, I love this map to death.

My vote goes to Sheik, but NJF came in very close second.

• nicklegends likes this

#8 trudatman

trudatman

one point nine hero

• Members
  • Location:State Of Love And Trust, The United State Of Amorica.

Posted 30 October 2015 - 05:24 PM

Sheikzula, the map ruler, the old-schooler, he'll bring it to ya.
  • Rambly, nicklegends and Sheik like this

#9 ZeldaPlayer

ZeldaPlayer

What's up my playas

• Members

Posted 30 October 2015 - 05:35 PM

NewJourneysFire wins my vote this month.

#10 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors

Posted 30 October 2015 - 09:13 PM

That's probably because of the size I posted it in. I could probably create it using one of the other size settings on the mapmaker, but I'm not sure about how to replace the current screenshot with the new one or even if I can. If I could, would I just need to resubmit it or send the link as a PM to whoever is in charge of this contest? (I'm guessing that's nicklegends.)

You can resubmit your map via PM or MotM Dropbox so long as the new image shows the same map as the old one. Just be aware that I won't modify any votes that have already been cast.
  • ywkls likes this

#11 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 30 October 2015 - 10:04 PM

You can resubmit your map via PM or MotM Dropbox so long as the new image shows the same map as the old one. Just be aware that I won't modify any votes that have already been cast.

I used the dropbox, and the slightly larger size. Once it is accepted, please change the link at the beginning. It might also be nice if people knew it had changed, so they could look at the new one and possibly change their votes.

#12 MermaidCim

MermaidCim

Yes I'm that guy who dreamt Dani was Zelda. LOL Cimfam/zelda

• Members

Posted 30 October 2015 - 11:13 PM

I'm going Lunaria. This map jumps out at me. The colors and layout look superb.

#13 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors

Posted 31 October 2015 - 12:20 AM

I used the dropbox, and the slightly larger size. Once it is accepted, please change the link at the beginning. It might also be nice if people knew it had changed, so they could look at the new one and possibly change their votes.

I've updated your map. People may need to do a hard refresh on the image (Ctrl+F5) to see the new version.
  • ywkls likes this

#14 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors

Posted 01 December 2015 - 02:53 AM

Voting totals
- Lunaria (4 votes [9.30%])
- NewJourneysFire (20 votes [46.51%])
- ywkls (4 votes [9.30%])
- Sheik (15 votes [34.88%])

With lush foliage, dazzling castle architecture, and purple water, the winner of Map of the Month 69 is NewJourneysFire!

Congrats! Go celebrate with a friend. ;)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: NewJourneysFire

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users