• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

#16 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 14 June 2017 - 12:26 PM

Arachnus was in the original game, though. :P

Huh? I don't remember this. I thought he was only in Metroid: Fusion and all the bosses of Metroid II were you know... Metroids?

#17 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 14 June 2017 - 12:28 PM

Most creatures from Fusion came from Metroid II, to be fair, since it involved the same planet and all. He just got a badass upgrade in Fusion. Not sure if he was technically a boss or not in the original II, but it's been so long so no idea.

#18 SkyLizardGirl

SkyLizardGirl

Unbeknownst to danger we call upon your help

• Banned

Posted 14 June 2017 - 01:10 PM

-Did i also mention somebody did a full Gameboy color rom hack of this game with the full original game in gameboy color?  

Edited by SkyLizardGirl, 14 June 2017 - 01:12 PM.

#19 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 14 June 2017 - 01:14 PM

Not sure if he was technically a boss or not in the original II, but it's been so long so no idea.

I had to look it up on the Metroid Wikia. (It has been forever since I played this as well.)

Apparently, he was an optional boss who guarded the Spring Ball and was only vulnerable to bombs.

I made a guide for Metroid II a long time ago and a check of that reveals that I did find and fight him, I just forgot.

Considering the differences between Metroid II and Fusion, I'm not surprised that I failed to recollect that he existed.

Edited by ywkls, 14 June 2017 - 01:15 PM.

#20 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 14 June 2017 - 08:07 PM

After seeing some actual gameplay, and the map, I am more hopeful that this will be good. I will admit though, I'm not sold on the QTE aspects of combat. I don't like it.

• Cukeman likes this

#21 Norzan

Norzan

Adept

• Members

Posted 14 June 2017 - 08:53 PM

I'm gonna be honest, i got kind of concerned when i heard Mercury Steam was developing the game because I really didn't liked Castlevania Mirror of Fate, but this looks good so far. 

• The Satellite likes this

#22 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 14 June 2017 - 09:14 PM

My only hope is that Nintendo is able to steer them on a better path than Konami would and could for Castlevania. Granted, this is the same director as Other M, so...

#23 Ammako

Ammako

Initiate

• Members

Posted 18 June 2017 - 11:29 PM

Huh, I had no idea AM2R had already been released before getting the C&D. I'll have to check it out.
Though personally I'd hope this official remake is good, because i prefer having an official handheld release than a fan release I can only play on PC. :P

#24 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 19 June 2017 - 01:39 AM

AM2r was released and got a minor bugfix patch before the C&D arrived. There was work on additional content at the time :/ but as is the game is still quite awesome.

#25 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 19 June 2017 - 03:26 AM

This is kind of off topic, but I just started another playthrough of AM2R. It's so good. I am remaining hopefully optimistic that who ever Nintendo has make this can capture at least a little of that magic. This whole thing is not unlike when Prime 1, and Fusion came out. Think about it.. You had a system with no Metroid at all, the Nintendo 64, and it was about seven years, from 1994 (Super Metroid) until Metroid Prime, and Fusion came out in 2001/ 2002. After a whole generation of no new games, Nintendo releases two games. A hand held, and a console game. The Metroid series got huge in the early to mid 2000's then kind of plateaued, and lost direction, imo. Other M, Federation Forces, and even Prime 3 to an extent were just trying to catch that wave but lost focus. I can only hope that this is the 2001 style revival of the series it so badly needs.

• Rambly and Ammako like this

#26 Norzan

Norzan

Adept

• Members

Posted 19 June 2017 - 01:18 PM

I honestly couldn't care less if this remake is "better or worse" than AM2R, all i want is for it to be good. Put it simply, not gonna compare it to AM2R, i'm gonna judge it on its own merits.

Edited by Norzan, 19 June 2017 - 01:18 PM.

• Beefster, The Satellite, Evan20000 and 1 other like this

#27 Ammako

Ammako

Initiate

• Members

Posted 19 June 2017 - 01:35 PM

I honestly couldn't care less if this remake is "better or worse" than AM2R, all i want is for it to be good. Put it simply, not gonna compare it to AM2R, i'm gonna judge it on its own merits.

I agree, though we can't really stop people from comparing it to AM2R :P (and I couldn't blame them since they'd both essentially be the same game.)
But yeah if it's good on its own, it would be a bit unfair to mark it as "bad" just because AM2R was better.

#28 Beefster

Beefster

Human Being

• Members

Posted 28 June 2017 - 11:01 PM

At this point, I don't really care how good it is as long as it's better than the game it's remaking (not hard). I want more Metroid of this variety, so I will buy it all to show that. I even bought all the 2D Metroids on Virtual Console to signal that. Nintendo listens to sales.

#29 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 29 June 2017 - 12:36 PM

One thing that has been bugging me is how people keep saying "Hurr Durr Sakamoto created Metroid". No. The late Gunpei Yokoi designed, and directed Metroid. He also made the GameBoy, d-pad, and Kid Icarus. All Sakamoto did was design some characters and artwork. He went on to direct later games in the series, but he is not the "father of Metroid". He should not be credited as the creator. His legacy is Other M and there's no escaping that. Yokoi's legacy should not be over shadowed.

Imo, Sakamoto is almost solely to blame for the series' decline after Other M, and his cockyness led to the poor controls and awful story, and he had the audacity to say Prime isn't cannon. :P

Still pretty excited for this though.

#30 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 29 June 2017 - 02:25 PM

... he had the audacity to say Prime isn't cannon. :P

Gross misconception. He only said he did not consider the events of Prime when making Other M, he didn't say those games weren't canon. Still a horrible misstep which further lent to the story being so muddled, but still.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users