The Simpsons
is a cartoon about six family members which are
Marge Simpson
Maggie Simpson
Lisa Simpson
Homer Simpson
Bart Simpson
Abe Simpson
and They go on adventures and do other stuff.

What episode (episode, episode number and season) is this:

Homer Simpson does day care for awhile but later is seen running away from people and loses His day care?

#2 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 13 June 2017 - 04:02 AM

Don't recall that episode. I was a huge fan for seasons 1-10, then the show started changing into something else and I no longer found it enjoyable.

#3 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 13 June 2017 - 05:57 AM

It's all enjoyable up until the switch to 16x9 aspect ratio, the animation took a huge nose dive (way less complex, much more simplistic) to compensate for the cost of having an increased visual width to work with and the scripts/visual gags just aren't that interesting anymore. I wouldn't be surprised if they got some new writers or something at the same time as updating to 16x9 aspect ratio.

Some of the 16x9 episodes have some really neat couch gags and there are SOME 16x9 episodes that have a decent story, its just not common and the poor animation quality really sours the experience.

Edited by Nicholas Steel, 13 June 2017 - 05:59 AM.

#4 Cukeman

Cukeman

• Banned

Posted 13 June 2017 - 06:07 AM

I still have a large box or two full of episodes I recorded on VHS, lol. It's interesting going back to commercials and such.

#5 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 13 June 2017 - 07:54 AM

I stopped watching it after who even knows how many seasons.  Not because I wanted to specifically stop watching The Simpsons, but because I stopped purposefully sitting down in front of a TV and watching things.  Too little time for that. 

But whenever I do catch an episode, I really can't tell the difference between present and previous generations of the show.  The most I figure that changes is that some episodes are more "thematic" to deal with current issues, such as the Fidget Spinner episode or the SJW in College episode where there were robot girls in the university.  They still contain occasional sophisticated humor (And other forms of humor, of course.) and I haven't detected any signs of really, really bad jokes that seemed forced.

If anyone can think of any signs of the show's degradation, I'd be happy to have my viewpoints pried open with the crowbar of perspective.  People keep saying the show's getting worse, and little ol' optimistic me just keeps smiling and laughing.  I keep finding reasons to like it, rather than reasons to dislike it.  And I'm succeeding.  Constantly.

• Nathaniel likes this

#6 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 13 June 2017 - 08:41 AM

It's not necessarily bad writing in the newer 16x9 episodes, the problem stems from stilted dialog and weird pauses in dialog where as in old episodes the dialog flowed way more naturally, it felt like people actually talking to each other and having real conversations. This issue affects the animation as well, though the animation in general is just worse.

Edit: I'll stop bitching now.

Edited by Nicholas Steel, 13 June 2017 - 11:35 AM.

#7 Cukeman

Cukeman

• Banned

Posted 13 June 2017 - 08:48 AM

I'd say that the seasons I enjoy, in addition to the zany humor, always had some kind of message and heart behind it all (like Bart encouraging Lisa when they were in boot camp). Later on it felt more like humor that wasn't attached to any actual story (like the episode where they go to Japan to be in a game show and the plot is basically "that was weird"). I'm no expert on seasons after 10, because I didn't watch very many, so maybe it got good again, I don't know, but it was a trend I saw which lasted long enough to make me stop watching. The other thing is just how the show kept up with changes in modern television humor (getting cruder and "edgier") and that didn't appeal to me either. I did catch an episode here and there over the years, and it just never felt like the same show to me. Kinda like how the Sonic games strayed away from their origins, I feel the Simpsons did as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users