Mirage Island

Photo

More Shrines, More Items, More... Length?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 HeroOfFire

HeroOfFire

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 04 July 2017 - 04:08 PM

With the feedback I've gotten I've increased the number of items that appear. 25 different useable items are now available each run, and some of the items that now appear every time have upgrades. There are 9 more items to collect per run, so the current default item total is 123.

A new rule has been added. You can now make picking up the first bow give you the first arrows at the same time, instead of having to find both the first bow and first arrow as separate items. In other words, you can have the Wooden Arrow follow Z1 Logic, or follow later logic.

Now that the number of Shrines is getting pretty high, I've added a surprise new feature. You can choose how many Shrines appear in total. Having fewer Shrines adds additional Heart Containers to appear randomly. Having more can reduce the number of Heart Pieces and Containers randomly placed, or even make all the boss hearts get replaced by heart pieces to meet the desired Heart Cap.

Now that the length feature has been added, I can start working on other features that would be dependent on the total number of Shrines. Like, maybe doing SOMETHING with those random secret 100 rupees...

There are also a few gameplay improvements here and there. Money Making games are no longer broken with Wealth Medals, Old Women have a lot more variety of hints to give, and other small details.

What does the future hold? Well, obviously stuff regarding custom bosses are still on the way. Also, 123 items is a strange cap, I should probably figure out a few more for a nice 125 (as well as decide if the 125 includes the first arrow if the Z1 Bow option is enabled, or 125 when you get the first arrow with the first bow). There may be a few other surprise features coming up as well.

Look forward to Beta 2 being up a little later today. And thanks for the continued feedback.
  • Eppy and CimFighter like this

#2 Ryunaker

Ryunaker

Junior

• Members

Posted 05 July 2017 - 03:11 AM

Definitely looking forward to it.

#3 Ryunaker

Ryunaker

Junior

• Members

Posted 05 July 2017 - 11:53 PM

Small glitch:  You buy the level 2 shield, it does not count as obtaining the level 1 shield.  So level 1 shield still shows up in shop inventory, but cannot be purchased.

#4 Epsalon ZX

Epsalon ZX

Dragon Of Wind

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 14 July 2017 - 03:10 AM

A lot more laggy now. FPS tend to stay between 30 and 40...once in a blue moon hitting 41 or 42. Pokemon World ran a little slow too, but more at normal. I just couldn't cap fps in that one. 

Not sure if I'm patient enough for slow motion play.

#5 coolgamer012345

coolgamer012345

🔸

• Members

Posted 14 July 2017 - 04:41 AM

One item was enough for a lifetime.

• Shane, Jenny, Matthew and 1 other like this

#6 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 14 July 2017 - 05:48 PM

Fwiw, I'd just make the bow, and bow+arrow one item and just tell people. That way, you won't have a weird 126, or 125.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users