Nargad's Trail: Crystal Crusades

• Please log in to reply
344 replies to this topic

#301 peachstar

peachstar

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 21 January 2017 - 01:15 PM

No I am pretty much trapped at Richard's crater.  I can find exits from there but I go only go a few screens and I am blocked.  I Keep covering the same paths over and over - what am I missing.  Plus I don't see anyone mentioning Hydrill Plains and I had to go there to get to Hydrill swamp, but then I would need a hammer to continue

#302 Sparkster

Sparkster

The Sparking Spark of ZC

• Members

Posted 21 January 2017 - 01:37 PM

Oops wrong topic sry. Nvm

Edited by Sparkster, 21 January 2017 - 01:38 PM.

#303 muddi1956

muddi1956

• Members

Posted 14 March 2017 - 07:37 AM

I feel realy stupid but whee is level 1?

• Twilight Knight likes this

#304 judasrising

judasrising

I play guitar

• Members

Posted 16 April 2017 - 04:00 AM

I feel realy stupid but whee is level 1?

Try to find this cave in that area

cav1.png

the cave leads to Lvl1 and it is here in this location

cav2.png

enter the portal and voila Lvl1...

#305 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

Tell all with glee, Argon's on PureZC

• Members

Posted 16 April 2017 - 06:20 AM

Hi muddi,

You first need to go to king Halberd. If you've done that, go east and north from his castle until you need to do the very first (mini) dungeon: the Ruined Barracks. When you've done that you can travel east through the desert and northwest through the highlands to reach Egbert's Estate. From there it's easy to go to where Judasrising has shown, but you should first talk to the librarian in Aria Port to get some bombs.

As you can see I liked making getting to the dungeons quite the travel.

Thanks Judasrising for the help!

Edit: also just found out you can follow a topic, I should've done that long ago. :P

Edited by Twilight_Knight, 16 April 2017 - 06:21 AM.

• judasrising likes this

#306 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 16 April 2017 - 03:54 PM

While trying to find L7, I was directed to Rotten Plains and a post in this thread tells to pay attention to the ground. Well, I looked through all ground tiles on all screens and I haven't found anything. What to do?

Also, any hint to any ring upgrades? I haven't found any so far.

• judasrising likes this

#307 judasrising

judasrising

I play guitar

• Members

Posted 16 April 2017 - 04:15 PM

While trying to find L7, I was directed to Rotten Plains and a post in this thread tells to pay attention to the ground. Well, I looked through all ground tiles on all screens and I haven't found anything. What to do?

Yeah in Rotten plains you will find a useful item just look at the ground tiles you will find one that looks little different.

You will find something useful in Krelaila Highland use a superbomb on a big rock.

If you dont have any ring item yet ,then go to Krelaila Highland first.

Lvl 7 is located in Richards`s empire enter Richards`s empire and then to the west.

#308 Sparkster

Sparkster

The Sparking Spark of ZC

• Members

Posted 17 April 2017 - 03:17 AM

Have you bought the house in Goldshire, yet?

#309 csal321

csal321

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 05 May 2017 - 11:35 PM

I love this quest!  I am feeling a little stuck now though- and wondering if I missed something somewhere.  Is there a list of some sort that could tell me the dungeons, and what you find in them?  I believe I've finished 1-5, but can't progress 6 because I don't have the level 3 gloves- and the gold and red arrow.  I also still only have the blue cape- and am missing a number of items I think I should have by now... I also have been to rotten plains and can't find anything different on the ground that I can do anything with.  Please help!

-Cindy

You know, there truly is a power in posting...I figured it out!  Thanks! 

Edited by csal321, 06 May 2017 - 02:18 PM.

#310 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 15 July 2017 - 03:08 PM

In L9, I reached the upper row of B1 and went as far right as possible to the screen with one batrobe and a silver coin. In the process I think I got everywhere where I could, but only found one single key. Going anywhere from there only leads me to a chest I can't reach, a corridor that is blocked by spiky blocks and more to the southwest: some green vines. Where should I go if I already reached there?

#311 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

• Members

Posted 19 July 2017 - 02:22 PM

Sorry guys, I don't look here so often nowadays. Thanks to Judasrising for sometimes taking over. :) What a betatester that guy, awesome.

@csal321: Glad to hear you figured it out already! If you need any help I'll be happy to hear.

@CastChaos: I think what you're missing is going down the pits. I will tell you the pit in the room with the big skull east of the big lava room (north east of dungeon entrance) is a good place to go down. You can get there by using your key on the door in front of the entrance, or by walking around that section, since the keys are purely for shortcuts if I remember well. Going north in the lava room will be especially a good way to help your forward in this dungeon.

Since I won't look to often here any way, a little cheat sheet if you're stuck:

Level Locations

Spoiler

I hope this is helpful.

And as always, thank you for playing! :D

• judasrising likes this

#312 judasrising

judasrising

I play guitar

• Members

Posted 20 July 2017 - 02:17 PM

Sorry guys, I don't look here so often nowadays. Thanks to Judasrising for sometimes taking over. :) What a betatester that guy, awesome.

@csal321: Glad to hear you figured it out already! If you need any help I'll be happy to hear.

@CastChaos: I think what you're missing is going down the pits. I will tell you the pit in the room with the big skull east of the big lava room (north east of dungeon entrance) is a good place to go down. You can get there by using your key on the door in front of the entrance, or by walking around that section, since the keys are purely for shortcuts if I remember well. Going north in the lava room will be especially a good way to help your forward in this dungeon.

Level Locations

Spoiler

I hope this is helpful.

Thanks TK

Let me know if you need help with more testing in the future i be around..

#313 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 21 July 2017 - 03:17 PM

Level Locations

Spoiler

I hope this is helpful.

I checked back there and fully explored it again, as much as my items allowed.

So, that is where I got my only key. I actually need to jump through the pit in that skull room to advance any further in that region.

So now I tried to go back to the north row. I haven't found anything else on the way and I reached that region only once, because the enemies pushed me in the pit the other 20+ attempts. And even when I reached there, a super peahat pushed me from a door into a pit just before screen transition would have happened.

So, I still don't know what I miss.

Everywhere I go I just find "come from the other side", "fall from above to a specific point" and "jump through this pit" screens.

Another post revealed where is the jump item, but I can't even get close. It's at the southwest, while the farthest I got was the northwest and north. Latter is no good until being able to jump, former is another "come from the other side" (where one slashes a switch to lower plants... if one can reach that switch, that is).

#314 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

• Members

Posted 31 July 2017 - 11:35 AM

I've replied to CastChaos through Skype.

If you wonder why he's asking about the final dungeon while having made the quest, CC has never played the last part so far. His dungeons were made long before this quest was finished. (AKA: I'm slow with questmaking  :heh: )

Edit: There is now also an updated file uploaded to http://twccgaming.com, I will also upload it here but it might take a bit. This new version has some bugfixes, some difficulty tweaking and 1, yes 1 new screen! It's very minor, but still relevant for those currently playing.

Edited by Twilight_Knight, 31 July 2017 - 12:07 PM.

#315 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 31 July 2017 - 07:19 PM

Don't think I've posted this yet, so:

Love this quest. It really is a new experience exploring a huge overworld like this.

My only criticisms are that the last third of the quest goes by too quickly. You explore the last new area before level 6, with level 7, 8, and 9 having no new areas to explore before entering them, besides a new town to buy a wallet. It would have been nice if the volcano area was more than just a town that you had to explore, and if level 8 was moved to a new area (like an icy crater north of the frozen kingdom?). The last two dungeons were good, but the overworld loses it's charm far before you ever reach them. It doesn't help that you get the guitar at the end of the last area, making the exploration even more easier, and making the griffin travel that you unlock in the same area even more useless (with it being a bit useless already due to it only being one way). I think the guitar should have been unlocked later, and the griffin travel made both ways.

EDIT: Also, the lack of minidungeons later on really becomes apparent quickly. I think I minidungeon before level 8 would have really made for a better conclusion.

Edited by Dimentio, 31 July 2017 - 07:28 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users