Photo

Worst Zelda Classic quest you have played (Besides Mario Quest)

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#16 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 26 April 2017 - 03:50 AM

I have been thinking about posting here before but decided not to. Looking at this thread again I kind of feel like sharing my two cents never the less.

Somehow I have a bad feeling about this thread. On the one hand I agree that a bad quest really is a bad quest and should be rated as such. On the other hand I am thinking about how people identify with their work and hence this thread has an implicit ranking of the worst quest makers. If somebody was to throw the name of my quest in here (hypothetically that is, I never finished any of my quest projects) I think I would be disheartened. I don't see the appeal of the discussion.

Edited by Sheik, 26 April 2017 - 03:51 AM.

• Jared and Matthew like this

#17 Binx

Binx

Formerly Lineas

• Members

Posted 27 April 2017 - 12:55 AM

Oh, God, I just started watching TS's let's play of Shamanock DX and WHAT THE ACTUAL HELL?!?! I never played the DX version because the original was so bad. What did he do, just import the NewFirst tileset over the original and call it a day? Cuz that's exactly what it looks like he did. How in the hell did that even make it to the submission phase like that?

I have been thinking about posting here before but decided not to. Looking at this thread again I kind of feel like sharing my two cents never the less.

Somehow I have a bad feeling about this thread. On the one hand I agree that a bad quest really is a bad quest and should be rated as such. On the other hand I am thinking about how people identify with their work and hence this thread has an implicit ranking of the worst quest makers. If somebody was to throw the name of my quest in here (hypothetically that is, I never finished any of my quest projects) I think I would be disheartened. I don't see the appeal of the discussion.

Eh, if someone were to name drop Trials of the Gods as the worst they've played, I'd probably be inclined to agree with them (granted, it was never finished, but it did have a REALLY bad demo). I can't speak for others, but I try to take negative feedback as a learning experience.

Edited by Binx, 27 April 2017 - 01:13 AM.

#18 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 27 April 2017 - 01:02 AM

Oh, God, I just started watching TS's let's play of Shamanock DX and WHAT THE ACTUAL HELL?!?! I never played the DX version because the original was so bad. What did he do, just import the NewFirst tileset over the original and call it a day? Cuz that's exactly what it looks like he did. How in the hell did that even make it to the submission phase like that?

Joe must've really had faith in the project. But yeah, it's basically a direct transition far as I can tell based off the screenshots. Someday I'll play Shamanock Advance... It at least visually looks better, and I hear it's good, too.

#19 Binx

Binx

Formerly Lineas

• Members

Posted 27 April 2017 - 01:13 AM

Joe must've really had faith in the project. But yeah, it's basically a direct transition far as I can tell based off the screenshots. Someday I'll play Shamanock Advance... It at least visually looks better, and I hear it's good, too.

Yeah, I've been meaning to check it out, too. I mean even the worst designers can get better, with time and practice. From what I understand, he really took the criticisms to heart and made a serious effort to improve. So, good for him.

• nicklegends likes this

#20 Eppy

Eppy

Alisa~

• Members

Posted 27 April 2017 - 06:19 AM

Any Quest Evan20k had a hand in.

It's really hard to pick a quest that's the worst. I know I've played stuff worse than Shammanock DX before.

Edited by Eppy, 27 April 2017 - 06:20 AM.

• Evan20000 likes this

#21 CimFighter

CimFighter

CimFam/Writer

• Members

Posted 28 April 2017 - 02:42 PM

Okay Im gonna be clear on this, I think it wouldn't be right of me to list what i think is the worst ever quest. I'll only say that there are quests that I enjoyed a ton, and those that I didn't enjoy as much. I know how hard you work on making these quests and it's not easy. If anything, MY QUEST Destiny Fulfilled is the worst ever LOL

• Matthew likes this

#22 Tabletpillow

Tabletpillow

Hi

• Members

Posted 18 May 2017 - 12:03 AM

You definitely should play Advance! :D

#23 Matthew Bluefox

Matthew Bluefox

Meow

• Members

Posted 18 May 2017 - 01:38 AM

I'm glad "New Legend of Zelda" hasn't made it into this thread so far, haha. :) I honestly have to say that - so far - no quest I have played qualifies for "bad" or "wurst" quest. Everyone has put a certain amount of effort into quest making, so I don't wanna discourage any author by naming one particular quest.

#24 Lüt

Lüt

Germanize

• Members

Posted 18 May 2017 - 01:52 AM

Oh, well that's an easy question: The New Legend of Zelda.

#25 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 18 May 2017 - 07:34 AM

Shadows of Miadra. runs

Uh, I guess one of ywkls's early Metroid quests, that Super Metroid remake one, made before he started scripting. The version I played was pretty awful.

#26 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 18 May 2017 - 08:11 AM

Yeto's Quest is rather abominable.

• Zagut likes this

#27 KingPridenia

KingPridenia

King of Pridenia, Safehaven of the LGBTQ

• Members

Posted 19 May 2017 - 09:25 AM

Adam's Quest - The first quest I ever made.

Out of ones that I played that aren't mine, Yeto's Quest. So much broken with it and it had a very unfinished feeling. When I subjected myself to it a second time, I did bump my rating from a 0 up to a 1. To be honest, it's not AS BAD as I made it out to be, but it just didn't turn out well.

#28 Norzan

Norzan

Adept

• Members

Posted 19 May 2017 - 10:37 AM

Hero of Dreams. It didn't had enough purple trees so it sucked. notenoughpurpletrees/10

On a serious note, haven't really played anything i deemed awful. Guess i got lucky with the quests i picked.

• SkyLizardGirl likes this

#29 SkyLizardGirl

SkyLizardGirl

Unbeknownst to danger we call upon your help

• Banned

Posted 19 May 2017 - 11:37 PM

Hero of Dreams. It didn't had enough purple trees so it sucked. notenoughpurpletrees/10

On a serious note, haven't really played anything i deemed awful. Guess i got lucky with the quests i picked.

(Purple trees /purple candies*)

Anyways the worst quest i ever played .., well i don't really have a quest i hate, except any quest that refuses to give you a sword right away, as soon as you start and it taking hours or minutes of playing and still, you cant find it.

That just tortures players who try out new quests.

Spoiler

Edited by SkyLizardGirl, 20 May 2017 - 02:36 AM.

#30 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 20 May 2017 - 01:21 AM

Hero of Dreams, but I'm being serious. Cause it is waaaay overrated. It's like "omg the oot of zc" but not nearly as good. Yeah that's why I don't usually engage in threads like this, but whatever.
  • SkyLizardGirl, Deedee and Zagut like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users