42 replies to this topic

#1 Mero

Mero

Touch Fluffy Tail

• Banned

Posted 05 January 2015 - 06:51 PM

Character limit reached.

RC 2: http://pastebin.com/zjAVMwTS

Notice: You need to set argument 0 of the roc's feather to 1.6 + .8*Power or 3.2 by default.

Edited by Mero, 17 January 2015 - 01:42 PM.

• Demonlink likes this

#2 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 05 January 2015 - 09:26 PM

Hasn't this been done before?

#3 Mero

Mero

Touch Fluffy Tail

• Banned

Posted 05 January 2015 - 09:32 PM

Yes, but they haven't succeed otherwise they would of submitted it to the database.

Also, I put a lot of work into this over a month to be a exact and going off topic really hurts my feelings. Try to be more considerate guys. :cry:

Edited by Freya, 05 January 2015 - 09:39 PM.

• Jared likes this

#4 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 05 January 2015 - 10:03 PM

Sorry, I meant I believed it was done before. ALthough, nice job!

#5 Demonlink

Demonlink

Lurking in the shadows...

• Members

Posted 05 January 2015 - 11:07 PM

As it's pretty late at this time on my area, I'll get to testing this tomorrow. Pretty awesome work from what I'm looking at right now! :D Bravo Freya, you deserve a 20 second pat on the back and a big thumbs up from me! Oh, right. :thumbsup:

#6 Mero

Mero

Touch Fluffy Tail

• Banned

Posted 06 January 2015 - 07:41 AM

You can hug and kiss me Demonlink for 20 seconds, you know you want to and I'm okay with it. :naughty:

• Demonlink likes this

#7 Mero

Mero

Touch Fluffy Tail

• Banned

Posted 06 January 2015 - 10:05 AM

Found a bug, seems the sideview stuff is a bit wacky. Going to take a closer look at it.

#8 justin

justin

Adept

• Members

Posted 06 January 2015 - 10:25 AM

Yes, I'd never worked with sideview gravity before, and it is a whole new world of pain.

Side question, I see a lot of your scripts use the Big Link condition, and i'm thinking it's a quick easy thing to add to most scripts (even std.zh / stdextra.zh). I see you only really use it for link's height, what about the 32x32 big link option? Shouldn't you also account for a wider link? Or am i missing something?

#9 Mero

Mero

Touch Fluffy Tail

• Banned

Posted 06 January 2015 - 01:12 PM

No it's for those who use the Big Link Collision Box which can be toggled in Link Animation.

#10 Mero

Mero

Touch Fluffy Tail

• Banned

Posted 06 January 2015 - 04:05 PM

The rocs feather should work now, hopefully.

#11 justin

justin

Adept

• Members

Posted 07 January 2015 - 11:57 AM

you have a test quest that uses this?

i'm finding a few bugs in the test quest i'm using, so i'm not sure if i'm using it correctly.

i imported the script file as is.  and am not using any other scripts, so i don't think i need to change any constants.

i place the ffc, give it the script.  it doesn't appear like i need to do anything else.

i haven't even tried playing with moving ffcs yet.  just stationary.

on my normal gravity screen. i've placed a solidffc on the grid, and left a fully walkable combo to its left, and a regular solid combo to the left again. so its solid, space, solidffc.  i can walk in between, but if i turn to face the ffc it makes a collision (crush).  same happens from the right if the sequence is reversed.  doesn't happen if they are both solidffcs (i.e solidffc, space, solidfcc)

with the solidffc offset from the grid one pixel, i still register a collision (crush) when i turn towards the solidffc, not every time, but certainly if i face opposite direction and turn towards.  doesn't happen with 2 pixel offset.

for the up/down version of the same problem.  if the solidffc is 8 pixels offset from the grid, it happens everytime i turn towards.  if the solidffc is 9 pixels offset from the grid it happens only sometimes, but especially if i face away then turn towards.  i can get it to happen with a 10 pixel offset as well, but it is a lot more temperamental. anything more than 11 pixels i can't get it to happen.

in sideview gravity, i'm getting lots of problems.  again just a simple stationary solidffc.  i have it placed exactly on the grid.  i try and walk onto it from an adjacent solid combo. and link won't just walk on.  if i jump on, he is "floating" one pixel above the solidffc (which would explain why he won't walk on).  i can't jump while standing on the solidffc.  when jumping up from under link jumps halfway through the solidffc before registering the collision, unlike normal sideview where he just hits the bottom of the solid combo.

#12 Demonlink

Demonlink

Lurking in the shadows...

• Members

Posted 07 January 2015 - 03:49 PM

Another bug I found is that if I place a SolidFFC in Sideview Gravity... well, weird stuff happens:

zelda001_zps5cbb7849.png

I can't walk anywhere on this screen. I'm using the HoleLava script and Ladder one as well in this screen. If I enter, all that Link does is stutter and I can't do anything. Something is causing problems with the walkable combos here... (And yes, I compiled the script and started a new save just in case :P )

• Jared likes this

#13 Mero

Mero

Touch Fluffy Tail

• Banned

Posted 07 January 2015 - 04:09 PM

Check to see if your constants. Chances are the compatibility problem is there.

#14 justin

justin

Adept

• Members

Posted 07 January 2015 - 04:11 PM

i found that happened when i tried to combine those two scripts too.  i got it working by moving the solid ffc sideview function call to above the holelava script.  however, i was still having issues in sideview, so i just started testing the solid ffc sideview script on its own.

i don't believe that there are any constants that should be incompatible.  it was all order of operations for me.

edit: what's happening is that the sideview solid ffc script is watching if link has moved from his previous position and just moving him back.  i'm pretty sure it has to do with this part of the sideview script

|| !SFFC_SetDirection(f, linkmoved, edge, linkxpos, linkypos)

Edited by justin, 07 January 2015 - 04:13 PM.

#15 Mero

Mero

Touch Fluffy Tail

• Banned

Posted 07 January 2015 - 04:13 PM

Ah, that makes sense. Yeah the sideview stuff is still kind of whacky. Don't got time to work on it now though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users