ZC

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#1 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 29 October 2015 - 09:09 PM

The Nine Villages is a quest by Obake-san.  Interesting how he managed to merge the Zelda 1 and 2 worlds into one quest, while keeping the map and all pretty much accurate, just really expanded out from the original versions.  This is one rather long quest to say the least, but it does flow fairly well, and the difficulty is pretty fair overall.  Lots of midis used in this quest, some from old games that I haven't played for quite some time.  So as you pay attention to the maps, note the similarities to the original versions.  The overworld warp system is also rather neat, as it's like a zoomed out version of the main overworld, and stepping back into the warps almost likes zooms you in to that area.

Part 1 - Sucks starting out with only 2 hearts, so a little caution helps.  Have to pick up some supplies before heading to level 1.  And for the cave, can't have Zelda 2 map references without some Zelda 2 tunes in there.

#2 TK8305

TK8305

I <3 Miyu

• Members

Posted 29 October 2015 - 10:23 PM

Good luck with this one Pix!  xD

At least you'll know what to expect since you saw Melee's run of this a while back.

#3 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 30 October 2015 - 12:34 AM

Good luck with this one Pix!  xD

At least you'll know what to expect since you saw Melee's run of this a while back.

well, by the time he was uploading, I was already on the later stages of testing, mainly to verify my maps and all.  So as I was recording this, I was already well aware of what to expect and where I can cut around.  And yeah, I record the whole LP before even starting to upload the first part.  So this LP has been on the queue list for quite some time, kind of overdue to get it up after enough delays with other quests beforehand

#4 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 31 October 2015 - 05:32 PM

Part 2 - Basic level 1.  Honestly, the mini boss and another enemy are more difficult than the boss itself.  Decent start before we start exploring the main overworld

#5 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 02 November 2015 - 01:58 PM

Part 3 - Pretty open world to explore here.  Yeah, this bit of exploration is in an inflated Zelda 1 world

#6 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 04 November 2015 - 01:14 PM

Part 4 - More exploration, picking up some supplies along the way given enemies are nice enough to drop lots of cash.  After opening up a few shortcuts, we'll make our way to level 3 next (what about level 2??).

#7 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 06 November 2015 - 09:52 PM

Part 5 - Sneaking into level 3 to pick up some goods for later on.  Pretty much one of the trickier parts of this run, so after this, it gets a bit easier down the line

#8 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 09 November 2015 - 03:39 PM

Part 6 - More coastline exploration, easier with red candle and Slash.  And Moblin Woods is certainly bigger than a few screens now...

#9 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 10 November 2015 - 10:20 PM

Part 7 - Getting arrows to then take to deal with the thief who took the white sword.  So we'll be stealing that back for our own future uses.  Then some more random scouting of more overworld screens

#10 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 12 November 2015 - 09:55 PM

Part 8 - Finally getting a chance to spend some money.  Also finally getting a boomerang, which will let me exploit a little design flaw when I go back to clean up levels.  Also nice to get a wallet upgrade, with the other one not until much later, and I still will end up getting that earlier than the norm.

#11 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 14 November 2015 - 01:40 PM

Part 9 - Paying a quick visit to a random town first before moving into the forest area on our way to level 4.  

And man, enemies have to be rich here to drop this much cash

#12 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 16 November 2015 - 01:14 PM

Part 10 - Maze Island is just a tiny bit larger than the original version (*cough cough*).  Lots of zigzagging paths to explore.  Actually kept the item and level locations pretty consistent with the original map version

#13 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 18 November 2015 - 10:04 PM

Part 11 - A quick stop in level 4 to pick up something.  Note the invisible enemies, so it may be worth going back to earlier levels later on.  But with this one item, we can get some good stuff

#14 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 20 November 2015 - 01:16 PM

Part 12 - While we're in this area, may as well do a little more scouting around, exploring some dead-end paths for some more stuff

#15 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 22 November 2015 - 05:12 PM

Part 13 - Good as time as any to go back and clean out previous levels.  At least I can hold the extra cash that I get in level 2.  So I skip a locked door that I explain what's behind it.  I will show what behind there, but not for a very long time, as I can get some mileage out of an extra key.  After cleaning out level 3, we'll be back on par.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ZC

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users