Photo

The Satellite Streaming

Stream

• Please log in to reply
296 replies to this topic

#241 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 25 March 2017 - 01:35 AM

Sunday is gonna be a double feature. At 1PM EST Quark and I will be racing two games. The first, kind of a random but short choice, The Great Circus Mystery Starring Mickey & Minnie. Then after that... a rematch. Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest. 102%. I've spent some time with the game and I'm confident that I won't be that far behind her this time.

Gonna be a good time.

#242 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 05 April 2017 - 04:27 PM

Now that Specter of Torment finally has a PC release, Jubbz and I will be streaming that sometime later tonight. Not sure what time yet, but probably a couple of hours, allow time to eat and plus he has a thing he needs to record with Team first. And then... I dunno, ghosts and stuff.

#243 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 13 April 2017 - 07:26 PM

As it turns out, today was the 25th Anniversary of A Link to the Past in North America. Like the Japanese release date anniversary, I'm going to do a Randomizer tonight in honor of it! Perhaps in about an hour, will post in the stream announcement thread when it's time. See you guys there!

#244 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 27 April 2017 - 08:26 PM

So guys... big news for the channel! You might have heard of it, might not, but recently Twitch was beginning to roll out a feature called Twitch Affiliates. There are Twitch Partners, who receive the ability for streamers to subscribe to them for $5 a month and get a bonus set of emotes to use across all of Twitch. They also get ad revenue and money from things called "bits," which you can earn either by paying for them or watching ads for them and then use them to "cheer" in a partner's chat.

Affiliates are like Partner Lite; they don't get subscription buttons or ad revenue, but you can cheer for them. They get once cent per bit; so for instance, 100 bits is a dollar.

I was watching for other streamers I knew to get invited to this program, particularly TeamUDF, possibly Eppy, and a couple others I watch including Mystakin and Diezal. I did not expect myself to get an invite; I didn't think I qualified! But it's all set up now, and I really owe it to all of my viewers from here and elsewhere, so thanks to all of you for miraculously making this happen!

If you're curious about bits and want to show support sometime, here's the guide for it. I'm hoping I don't become the only PureZC streamer to become an affiliate, so definitely keep an eye out for some of our other fellow members and see if they achieve this status. And now I'm going to go live right away.

... maybe tomorrow. But I definitely am going to stream more, just so I can stay worthy of this status.

• Eddy likes this

#245 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 17 May 2017 - 02:40 AM

One of these days I'm going to update the opening post with a better sort of index/intro/what have you. I reduced a lot of the old junk to a spoiler tag (probably deleting it later) and finally removed the long-dead Livestream link. Anyway, I also added another link I'll add here as well: A Discord link! I decided to make one both for my streaming community and to have a place to dump writing thoughts. That was the part that pushed me over the edge to creating one, and now it's here. If you like, stop on by! Link's in the first post but dumping it here as well for convenience:

https://discord.gg/me3rmUS

#246 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 19 May 2017 - 01:35 PM

Break from the norm, far as I know there's a small Megaman X race going on with a couple of others that should be starting at 9PM EST, possibly subject to change, it's sometime tonight. So that should be fun.

• Cukeman likes this

#247 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 22 May 2017 - 10:39 PM

Alright, I got some meh news on my end. Since yesterday, the internet has suddenly decided to be terrible. Cutting out randomly, sometimes for long periods of time... Cue today, things seemed fine, but then when I tried streaming earlier today, it cut out again. I called up my ISP and they refreshed the direct connection to the modem, which supposedly would fix things up. It seemed to at the time... but since then there've still been a few drops. They had already suggested calling back if there are still problems and they'd send a technician out, but apparently my family thinks it's a better idea to switch ISPs entirely, and I can't say as I disagree to be honest. So until that happens, probably no streams. Which sucks, because I had something new I wanted to try out... But hey, if things get switched over and smoothed out soon, maybe that'll happen anyway!

#248 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 22 May 2017 - 11:16 PM

Don't just switch ISPs, Nintendo Switch ISPs! Seriously though maybe you can make the most of it by recording that Link's Awakening LP we've all been waiting for... or at least me  :heh: . It'd be a great compliment to your LttP LP which I thought was excellent.

Edited by Cukeman, 23 May 2017 - 12:33 AM.

#249 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 24 May 2017 - 09:01 PM

To be honest, I'm not much of an LP guy anymore. After streaming as long as I have, I enjoy the live interaction aspect too much to revert to solo LP'ing. I could stream Link's Awakening someday, perhaps, when I feel like doing a casual stream that isn't Randomizer, but we'll see.

Brief update though, we got the ISP thing sorted, and the new ISP is going to be out here... a week from today. Meaning I gotta suffer through this slow, horrible, up and down Spectrum internet for one more week. So at the very least we know there won't be any more streams at least until then. I'd say I'd do one that night to celebrate but I have another birthday party to go to apparently, because I have way too many relatives.

But, it's an update at least. Looking forward to starting back up, and there will be a stream Friday, June 2nd regardless...

• Rambly likes this

#250 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 30 May 2017 - 01:45 PM

Tomorrow's the day! New internet installed, 100mbps download speed, fiber optics. Cannot wait. We'll do a stream to celebrate in the evening. Maybe a Randomizer, maybe something else for fun. Can't wait, I've been missing streaming. Like I said though, birthday party that day, so we'll have to see how long it lasts and then what time a stream would even start, and that will influence whether or not it's Randomizer. 

#251 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 31 May 2017 - 08:55 PM

On second thought, too tired to stream after all. Took a while to install the net, didn' get to nap as long as I had wanted, and then very lengthy birthday party resulting in me having no energy. BUT TOMORROW WE RETURN TO THE STREAM SCENE AT LAST.

• Cukeman likes this

#252 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 31 May 2017 - 11:35 PM

It might be prudent to announce this ahead of time: From now on, every Friday starting this Friday from around 8-11PM, I'll be streaming a playthrough of the Super Mario RPG Randomizer! How do you Randomize SMRPG? Well, by randomizing the character stats, drops, enemy formations, monsters, shops, equipment stats and equipability, character spell stats and spell lists. It'll be crazy, especially since I haven't played the game in a while. Either way, this'll be something new to shake things up a bit on the channel and be something hopefully all can enjoy, and something a little more casual on my end as well. Hope to catch you all there!

Also probably ALttP Randomizer tomorrow.

#253 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 05 June 2017 - 04:35 PM

Speedruns return.

At around 7PM EST, Diezal and I will be picking up ALttP's any% NMG route for a rusty race. I'm not sure if he plans to go back to the category but it's something I've wanted to do, so this'll be a fun warmup, and add another item to the lineup.

#254 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 09 June 2017 - 01:34 PM

To be honest after the last ALttP Randomizer I did, I'm not sure if I want to stick to speedrunning. There's a part of me that does want to reduce my time down to sub 1:45, but when I can and have done Randomizers faster than my PB—which is 1:48:29, and I've had Randomizer times of 1:46:09 and, in the latest run, 1:39:21—I don't feel like trying to run the vanilla game is worth it. We'll see though.

On less melancholy news, tonight is the second session of SMRPG Randomizer Fridays! 8-11PM once more, we'll be heading into that forest. With that song. I'm sure it's already stuck in your head now.

#255 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 09 June 2017 - 03:43 PM

Would you consider streaming Gunple: Gunman's proof? It's said to be LttP inspired

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Stream

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users