Item appearing when block is pushed

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Castelia

Castelia

Fred Durst stan

• Members

Posted 29 January 2017 - 09:46 PM

I'm trying to make a puzzle where you have to push the correct block to make the dungeon's item appear. How do I do this? Do I need scripts, or am I just not looking hard enough at the screen data options?

Thanks for any help.

#2 Zaxarone

Zaxarone

Gigi & Merri Superstar Saga

• Members

Posted 29 January 2017 - 10:25 PM

The way i'd do it, is have a push block (weather it be on a switch or a one time push), and the secret combo being a armos->chest type combo. then just go to roomtype(R is the keyboard shortcut) and select special item and click OK. then press A on the keybboard to select the special item, and your good to go.

Hope it helps, lemme know if you have questions

#3 Castelia

Castelia

Fred Durst stan

• Members

Posted 29 January 2017 - 10:56 PM

Thanks for replying to my thread. However, I'm very sorry, but I'm not sure what you're saying. I don't see anything relating to Armos in the secret combos section.

Also, I don't know how to have a push block with an Armos flag over it, since I'm pretty sure you need a flag to push blocks as well.

If it helps, I forgot to mention in the main thread that I'm trying to make the player push a statue rather than a block (I'm using a custom tileset).

Again, sorry, I'm not too skilled with ZQuest, and I thank you for any more help.

Edited by Bombos, 29 January 2017 - 10:58 PM.

#4 Zaxarone

Zaxarone

Gigi & Merri Superstar Saga

• Members

Posted 29 January 2017 - 11:17 PM

ok step one: go to tools->combo flags and select flag 2, "push 4 way once trigger"
step two: place the flag onto your block.
step 3: go to screen_secret combos and set secret combo set flag 16 (on the "Misc" tab) to a combo that has armos->chest as its Inherent flag
step 4: go back to tools->combo flag and place it where your chest is supposed to be

in order to set an inherent flag, right click  on a combo and choose "edit combo and you can set combo types and inherent flags.

step 5: go to screen->room type and select secret item
step 6: go to screen->select special item(underneath room type) and pick the tiem youd like to be in the chest

should look like this once all is said and done

evkd8gP.png

with the flags showing:

ZK7uGhT.png

and with the secret activated:

F9rGUch.png

sorry if this still dosent help

wait hold on lemme edit this

Edited by Zaxarone, 29 January 2017 - 11:18 PM.

#5 Castelia

Castelia

Fred Durst stan

• Members

Posted 29 January 2017 - 11:21 PM

It worked! Thank you so much!

• Zaxarone likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users