Photo

Screenshot: Challenge Accepted #103

Orithan

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

Poll: Who should win? (33 member(s) have cast votes)

Vote your favorite

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Polaris

Polaris

• Forum Assistants

Posted 28 October 2016 - 05:23 PM

Requirements:

• Remake this layout into an actual screen based on your interpretation in any tileset, including classic. It doesn't have to follow the layout flawlessly so long as it's recognizable. Can be a overworld, dungeon, cave, etc.

rAVuVJZ.png

Pink is solid, blue is water and the checkered pink and black squares are damage combos.

Entries:

yenI0vL.png
Avataro, why does the DMap title say Hyrule Field?

Joelmacool

7uRO8fT.png

I see a tile error. rip

GrantGreif

OLSHCMW.png

These dimensional rifts are really messing with Hyrule's geography.

Orithan
QW34QIN.png
A reminder that Hal's Great Cave Offensive is still being worked on. Yes, it will be possible to get to here with starting health. Though Blue Wizzrobes might be enough of a deterrent to stay out of here until you are stronger.

Current Challenge:
Screen Type: Dungeon
On-Screen Requirement:
  • It must have a gimmick/central puzzle present. Red/blue blocks, rescuing Gorons, time travelling... whatever you can think of.

A rather basic challenge this time... I'm going to try and plan in advance some more creative challenges and hopefully get back into the swing of things. Sorry for the long wait!

• Joelmacool and Enum like this

#2 Eddy

Eddy

Geometry Dash addict :v

• Database Staff

Posted 29 October 2016 - 09:07 AM

Avataro - Nice to see this come back again from SotW :P Looks pretty nice and the complaints I have were already mentioned over at SotW, so I'm not gonna repeat them here.

Joelmacool - Nice and simple, I like the classic-style you went for here and even though it's nothing too special or interesting, it is nice to have a simplistic screen on these contests once in a while.

GrantGreif - I like the concept here. Very interesting having both sides of the screen look like this. Though I dunno about having all those portal tiles lined up like that for a rift, seems a bit lazy to me IMO. You could probably try to use some kind of lightning tiles or something to show there's a split, but I dunno how well that's gonna look lol.

Orithan - Very nice screen. It looks a little all over the place at first, but once you properly analyse the screen, you can really make out the overall structure and design. I also love the crystal design you have going here, all the colours work very well with each other, so good job on this.

I voted for Orithan this week.

#3 GrantGreif

GrantGreif

Magus

• Members

Posted 29 October 2016 - 09:08 AM

GrantGreif - I like the concept here. Very interesting having both sides of the screen look like this. Though I dunno about having all those portal tiles lined up like that for a rift, seems a bit lazy to me IMO. You could probably try to use some kind of lightning tiles or something to show there's a split, but I dunno how well that's gonna look lol.

I was going for the look that the rifts have in Hyrule Warriors, and that tile seemed to fit nicely.

#4 Eddy

Eddy

Geometry Dash addict :v

• Database Staff

Posted 29 October 2016 - 09:30 AM

I was going for the look that the rifts have in Hyrule Warriors, and that tile seemed to fit nicely.

Oh yeah, true I didn't even think of that until now, my bad :P

#5 Titanium Justice

Titanium Justice

Justice is served!

• Members

Posted 04 November 2016 - 05:21 PM

Voted Orithan. That's one really cool crystal cave.

• Enum likes this

#6 NewJourneysFire

NewJourneysFire

Deified

• Contributors

Posted 22 January 2017 - 04:18 PM

I'm gonna try and give this contest a jump start by submitting this week. How many submissions are you looking for?
  • Polaris likes this

#7 Polaris

Polaris

• Forum Assistants

Posted 22 January 2017 - 04:34 PM

We just need one more. I'll admit, I've been kind of slacking off from this contest and I've felt very unprofessional and kind of outright bad about it. But I'm going to try and bring this back into full swing by doing weekly reminders, maybe advertising in my profile and forcing Joel to make a screen every week I mean ask politely around chats. :P It's just that the lack of entries has dispirited me and in turn it's probably dispirited the community from caring about this contest. I want to change that and if you could submit, that'd be lovely. :)

I'm terribly sorry for the lack of activity, but I'll make up for it, I hope!

#8 Naru

Naru

Adept

• Members

Posted 22 January 2017 - 08:21 PM

Since this contests is slacking off for some time now and there are always a few weeks in between the normal SotW-contests, couldn't it be worth to merge them? Like giving the challenge as an extra and people can fulfill the challenge but also can just bring in a random screenshot? This would make the whole challenge more easygoing, you don't need anyone to take it. And there are so many SotW lately with good, but no outstanding screens, it would add a bit of a thrill to the contests if there would be the challenge as additional criteria. Like "Polaris screen looks awesome, I love these new tiles, but Joelmacool fulfilled the challenge just perfectly so I vote for him". And you could take over SotW from time to time so The Satellite can slack off instead.

Hope this is not a terrible idea *hides in a corner*.

#9 Polaris

Polaris

• Forum Assistants

Posted 27 January 2017 - 06:57 PM

Orithan wins with 50.00% of the vote. Congrats!

QW34QIN.png

Final Results:

• Joelmacool (1 votes [3.85%])
  • GrantGreif (3 votes [11.54%])
  • Orithan (13 votes [50.00%])

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Orithan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users