Photo

Screenshot: Challenge Accepted #99

Moo2wo

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

Poll: Who should win? (31 member(s) have cast votes)

Vote your favorite

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Polaris

Polaris

qt

• Forum Assistants

Posted 17 June 2016 - 02:59 PM

Requirements:

• Recreate a scene from any handheld Zelda title using any tileset. (Examples: Link's Awakening, Oracle of Seasons, Spirit Tracks, A Link Between Worlds, etc.)

Entries:

Moo2wo
ntdZDko.png
Original Screen from Oracle of Seasons

The trading sequence complete, Link approaches Holodrum's legendary Noble Sword.

Joelmacool

nMT7Yiv.png

Ocarina of Time 3D is a handheld game. :P

TheBlueTophat
N0K5gJb.png

Current Challenge:
  • For Screenshot: Challenge Accepted #100 you must choose a challenge from the past and create a (brand new) shot based on the challenge including tileset restrictions, etc. I feel this is a good way to look back and celebrate S:CA after 100 creative and demanding challenges.

This doesn't follow the rotation. After #100 we will resume the rotation as normal. Think of this as a bonus wild card challenge.

• Joelmacool likes this

#2 Eddy

Eddy

Geometry Dash addict :v

• Database Staff

Posted 17 June 2016 - 03:08 PM

Moo2wo - Really neat recreation of the original screen. I definitely see the similarities here and I really like how Firebird is used here. Good job overall.

Joelmacool - Interesting idea of turning a 3D scene into a 2D environment. I can see the similarities between this and OoT 3D, but it's quite empty and open compared to previous screens you've done, though it is nice to see screens not so cramped up to death from time to time.

TheBlueTophat - It's a pretty neat screen, but I think this was a bit TOO different to the original screen, probably the point where it doesn't even resemble the original screen at all anymore and would probably suit better if this wasn't a recreation. As for the screen itself, it looks nice but the background is incredibly empty. You could add some hanging skeletons or torches or something to make the background stand out a bit more.

I voted for Moo2wo this week. I also got something special for #100 :P

• Polaris likes this

#3 Joelmacool

Joelmacool

JMC

• Members

Posted 17 June 2016 - 03:10 PM

Joelmacool - Interesting idea of turning a 3D scene into a 2D environment. I can see the similarities between this and OoT 3D, but it's quite empty and open compared to previous screens you've done, though it is nice to see screens not so cramped up to death from time to time.

What detail do you want? :P It's a field. :D

#4 Naru

Naru

Adept

• Members

Posted 17 June 2016 - 04:07 PM

Moo2wo looks awesome and most likely fulfills the challenge the best, but TheBlueTophat wins for me. I would love to play a game like that and the fully black background and the design feels really atmospheric to me.
  • Cukeman likes this

#5 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Members

Posted 17 June 2016 - 11:54 PM

Moo2wo, this screen is beautiful! I love everything about it :)

Joelmacool, your screen feels kinda plain. I'd say it could use a few more details. Some bushes, some wall torches/decor, an arch for Link to pass under.

I like this a lot, maybe just some background stalactites, Link, and an enemy?

Edited by Cukeman, 17 June 2016 - 11:54 PM.

#6 Maikeru D. Shinigami

Maikeru D. Shinigami

Piper of Time

• Members

Posted 18 June 2016 - 12:20 AM

Moo: In my opinion, this is the best when you combine creativity and faithfulness to the original screen. It took me a few moments but I see the inspiriation and the faithfulness. It's just creative enough to be recognizable without taking too much liberty in the creativity aspect.

Joel: There's not much to say. As a recreation this might be the most like the original, and I can applaud for that. But I do agree with Eddy. I wish you had taken more liberty with the screen to make it different but still obviously the OoT recreation. Though I can't fault you, it isn't enough for me personally.

TheBlueTophat: In my opinion, you took too much liberty with this screen without making it unique enough to capture my attention. As much as I love sideview screens I just think it's too different thougb I do see the similarities.

Going with Moo.

#7 Polaris

Polaris

qt

• Forum Assistants

Posted 01 July 2016 - 09:38 AM

Moo2wo wins with 58.33% of the vote. Congratulations!

ntdZDko.png

Final Results:

• Moo2wo (14 votes [58.33%])
  • Joelmacool (5 votes [20.83%])
  • TheBlueTophat (5 votes [20.83%])

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users