Photo

Screenshot: Challenge Accepted #98

Theryan

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

Poll: Who should win? (38 member(s) have cast votes)

Vote your favorite

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Shane

Shane

• Members

Posted 27 May 2016 - 10:12 AM

Requirements:

• Recreate the following screen using any tileset excluding Classic:

SfB33za.png

Entries:

Moo2wo

r0mkpzp.png

Link traverses the Southern Swamp.

Joelmacool

FlyrL1e.png

The house is going to get flooded due to Global Warming.

Etheradia

YRUKX6n.png

Theryan

Waogn6w.png

Waterfalls!

Current Challenge:
  • Recreate a scene from any handheld Zelda title using any tileset. (Examples: Link's Awakening, Oracle of Seasons, Spirit Tracks, A Link Between Worlds, etc.)

Our current place in the rotation is in red!

#2 Eddy

Eddy

Geometry Dash addict :v

• Database Staff

Posted 27 May 2016 - 10:31 AM

Moo2wo - Awesome screenshot. I really love what you done to the original screen and I really have no criticisms here. Amazing job.

Joelmacool - That's some good global warming going on there. I like how the sand looks, it's kinda like a tideline or something which shows how far the ocean goes inland. Like with Moo2wo, I got no criticisms here either.

Etheradia - Looks nice, but there are quite a few issues I have. First, the top halves of the trees don't have the same ground as everything else, so you could probably put some sand under the top-half of the trees. The mountain on the top-left looks really weird with that tree. I would probably just get rid of the tree completely and fill in that space with mountain. The shoreline looks neat, but I noticed several missing tiles on the corners of the borders. The water looks cool but I would honestly just get rid of the water tiles nearest the ground, they look pretty weird when it's not a straight line, so you can probably just fill the water with just one kind of combo. Overall, it looks decent but there's quite a lot that can be improved.

Theryan - Nice work with this shot! I really love the waterfalls coming out of that mountain and the different layers of water at the bottom. Just like with the first two screens, there isn't any criticisms can be given. I really love how this one looks.

I voted for Moo2wo this week, with either Joel or Theryan in close 2nd.

• Lightwulf, ( ͡° _ʖ ͡°) and Etheradia like this

#3 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Members

Posted 27 May 2016 - 11:19 AM

I voted for the one with me in it! -er, ummm... I mean I really like the screen design here, it's quite close to the original, yet isn't afraid to take some creative liberties/adjustments and also adds a bit of a twist with the swamp element. Nice!

#4 MermaidCim

MermaidCim

Yes I'm that guy who dreamt Dani was Zelda. LOL Cimfam/zelda

• Members

Posted 27 May 2016 - 02:17 PM

0_LAURENHEARTBROKEN.jpg

My mood is the same as hers right now. I'm like (No fair guys, this is too hard to decide)

Im seriously considering null vote. i can't find one i like the most. it's too hard. all 4 are solid.

#5 Shoshon the Elegant

Shoshon the Elegant

Piper of the Essences, also Maikeru

• Members

Posted 27 May 2016 - 08:03 PM

I went with Joel. They were all good and I may go more in depth when I'm not working. But what put it over for me was replacing the cave with the house.
  • Joelmacool likes this

#6 Shane

Shane

• Members

Posted 17 June 2016 - 02:45 PM

Theryan wins with 53.12% of the vote. Congratulations!

Waogn6w.png

Final Results:

• Moo2wo (12 votes [37.50%])
  • Joelmacool (3 votes [9.38%])
  • Etheradia (0 votes [0.00%])
  • Theryan (17 votes [53.12%])

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Theryan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users