Current Winner and Past Winners Archive

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrator

Posted 01 November 2011 - 12:52 AM

Just like the topic suggests, this thread is used to show the current week's winner of S:CA, as well as archive all past winners. So here's this week's winner, and all past winners will be displayed in the following post(s).

Cukeman
IPB Image
Faerie's Pond at Midnight

The Challenge:
Requirements:As usual, we encourage you to take risks and liberties when creating your screen. It's all part of the challenge!!

#2 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrator

Posted 01 November 2011 - 06:04 PM

Past Winners

Challenge 1

Jared

IPB Image
Why not go all out for the first? A screen that just may be worth keeping icon_smile.gif

The Challenge:

Restrictions:
Screen Type - Forest (No, you don't have to put a forest overhang. I'll we're asking is that you've got some trees, bushes, etc. The "screen type" is a more loosely enforced rule, just don't go entering a desert shot icon_razz.gif )

On-screen requirements:
One house - Treehouses, caves and other alternatives are acceptable (always).
Waterfall - This can be dried out, made of lava, etc.
And a path - Path can be made of dirt, sand, gravel or any other type of materiel (as long as the path is somewhat recognizable, you're okay).

Challenge 2

SpacemanDan

IPB Image
<Insert cliche 'I won't let you die' line here>

The Challenge:

Restrictions:
Screen Type - Icy
No LIQUID ground-water allowed on screen (lakes, ponds, rivers)

On-Screen Requirements:
Three trees, at least (more are allowed).
Snow or ice present on the ground
Statue
Some type of over-layer (this can be weather [snow, rain], forest overhang or clouds/fog)

Challenge 3

Orin XD

IPB Image
Link: "Sigh, I went in all the way here to find that I need the Hookshot to progress. I now have leave and then return with it later."

The Challenge:

Restrictions:
Screen type - Underground River
Basically, a cave with some kind of water. River preferably, but lakes and such work too. Small puddles do NOT count. They can be on the screen, but they must be in addition to the large body of water.

On-Screen Requirements:
A large body of water, obviously. See above. icon_razz.gif
A pillar of some kind OR an elevation change of some kind.
Some source of light, whether it be natural or artificial.

Challenge 4

Gonken
IPB Image

The Challenge:

Restrictions:
Screen Type - Town or Village

On-Screen Requirements:
Two houses
A bridge
At least one tree
A type of weather (Visible clouds, rain, snow, hail, sandstorm or volcanic ash)

Winners Challenge 1
Only the four winners above were allowed to submit.

Gonken
IPB Image
this is what i have made for now, I probably will edit It later if i will continue using it.

The Challenge:

Restrictions -
Screen Type - Overlook Shot

On-Screen Requirements -
Far-off or distant objects in the background of the screen (definition of a overlook shot)
Overlook Area must take up at least 1/5th of the screen
Two different types of ground terrain, one of which must be sand
A large rock of some sort (Mountains do not count)

Challenge 5

Ornlu

IPB Image
The forests of Eastern Hyrule are cloudy this time of year.

The Challenge:

Restrictions
The screen must be a remake of an overworld screen from Zelda 1. It can be any overworld screen except the first screen of the game, just so long as it's recognizable as being a remake of the original screen (you can be creative, but don't get so far off that it we can't tell any resemblance to the original).

On-Screen Requirements
Given the nature of this week's challenge, there is only one on-screen requirement. There must be weather/an overlayer of some kind (besides sunny). Fog, rain, snow, fire, whatever. This means you might need to be a bit more creative with the way you interpret the screen. icon_wink.gif

Challenge 6

Koh
IPB Image
Surely Link isn't headed for that door without a key.

The Challenge:

Screen type
Dungeon.

On-screen Requirements
Liquid-esque material of some kinda (Water, lava, quicksand, etc.)
At least one door on the edge of the screen (your typical room-connecting door)
At least one passage going off the screen that isn't a door. Like a pathway, an open side, something that isn't a door. You know what I mean, right?
An elevation change of some kind.

Challenge 7

Russ

IPB Image
The secrets contained within these ruins have consequences that are slightly unsettling...

The Challenge:

Restrictions -
Screen-Type: Desert
No mountains allowed on screen

On-Screen Requirements -
1. Two dead trees/two cacti (or one of each)
2. Pillar or statue
3. Shallow water

Challenge 8

Bourkification
IPB Image

The Challenge:

Restrictions:
Screen Type - Mountainside

On-Screen Requirements:
Must have at least two terraces (levels) of mountain elevation
One ladder, vines or steps
A cave opening

Winner's Challenge 2
Only the four winners above were allowed to submit

Ornlu
IPB Image
Behold: Bubbles!

The Challenge:

Restrictions:
Screen Type - Graveyard

On-Screen Requirements:
At least two gravestones on screen
Poisonous Liquid OR Bubbling Water
Fog OR two dead trees
(Note: You may choose both)

Challenge 9

Adem
IPB Image
Very loosely based off of the final moment in "Ocarina of Time". Yes, that's a frog.

The Challenge:

Screen type
Sideview.

On-screen Requirements
At least one raised platform (i.e. some kind of platform, ledge, etc. that is above the main ground level).

Challenge 10

Orin XD
IPB Image
Hal: "Finally, another Life Fragment, I now have a complete Life Crystal to add to my Life gauge!"

The Challenge:

Screen Type
There is no one screen type. Instead, pick 2 or more (at least two) of the following screen types and mix them together:
  • Forest
  • Snow
  • Beach
  • Ruins
You can have more than two, but you have to use at least two of those types for your screen.

On-Screen Restrictions
- A path of some kind.
- Water of any form. It can be liquid water, it can be snow, it can be clouds, it can be mist, it can be almost anything, it just has to be some kind of water.

Challenge 11

IPB Image
Ignore the strange subscreen. icon_smile.gif

The Challenge:

Restrictions:
Screen Type - Lake

Challenge 12

Ventus
IPB Image
Link is trying out his new bow, by shooting keese.

The Challenge:

Restrictions:
Screen Type - Town/City

On-Screen Requirements:
Three houses, buildings, tents or other living areas (one large building with three doors counts)
Three shatterable/breakable objects (pots, crates, barrel, etc.)

Challenge 13

Saffith

IPB Image

The Challenge:

Restrictions:

The screen must be a recreation of a 3D area from the Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. This can be any area from the game (dungeons included).

Challenge 14

Jared
IPB Image
Smell that new, clean water coming from the mountains. icon_smile.gif

The Challenge:

Rebirth!

Recreate the following screen in a different tileset: http://i1088.photobu...mages/SCA14.png

Challenge 15

Orin XD
IPB Image
Hal spelunks into the Lava Catacombs in hopes of finding treasures icon_smile.gif

The Challenge:

Screen Type: Inside. This can be dungeon, cave, anything, just so long as it's, well, not outside.
Requirements: Lava. Preferably with the lava being the focus of the screen, but honestly, we'll accept it as long as lava appears in some way, shape, or form.

Challenge 16

Marco
IPB Image
Advanced Classic Tileset: Now featuring grass

The Challenge:

Rebirth Challenge: Remake the following screen in any tileset except the classic tileset: http://i1088.photobu...mages/SCA16.png

Challenge 17

Rambly
IPB Image
I stepped out onto the midway. I was looking for the pirate ship and saw this small, old tent at one end. It was blue, and had white lights hanging all around it. I decided to check out the tent; it seemed I could hear music coming from inside. As I walked toward it, I passed a crowd of people at the sideshow. I couldn't figure out why they would want to wait in line. I pulled back the drape thing on the tent. There was a crystal ball at the table, and behind it, a girl wearing a hat. She smiled, and asked me if I wanted my fortune read. I said okay, and sat down. I thought about it for a minute, and asked her if she would rather go on the roller coaster instead.

The Challenge:

Requirements:
Screen Type: Overworld (Lake)
On-screen Criteria:
  • Three Trees
  • One Elevation Change
Challenge 18

Purplemandown
IPB Image
Same screen... But the sand has receded by 10 or so feet. Pardon the subscreen, I haven't had time to fix it yet.

The Challenge:

Rebirth Challenge!
Recreate the following screen in any tileset: http://i1088.photobu...mages/SCA18.png

Challenge 19

IPB Image
Wandering around in arabian town at the evening

The Challenge:

Requirements:
  • Create a screenshot using the following song as inspiration. Take the mood and atmosphere of the piece and construct your screenshot around it. The sky is the limit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4wb11w0ZHQ

Challenge 20

Orin XD
IPB Image
"So yeah, Hal, can you please clear that bush for us so that we can forage into Faron Woods?"

The Challenge:

Requirements:
  • Recreate the following screen using any tileset excluding Classic: Image
Challenge 21

Orin XD
IPB Image
A fight between Regirock and Hal is currently under way!

The Challenge:

Requirements:
Screen Type: Dungeon
On-screen Criteria:
  • Two Statues
  • One Large Enemy (Boss)
As always, there are countless liberties you can take, and we encourage you to push the boundaries of the requirements and be creative as you possibly can.
  • Rastael likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users