Zelda Deluxe 4th Quest - Shattered Hearts

• Please log in to reply
114 replies to this topic

#31 Matthew Bluefox

Matthew Bluefox

Meow

• Members

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:31 AM

Level 2-2 is where it's already been in the original. Second level from the second quest. Near the pond, burn a bush at the top dead end. It's one screen left of Level 4-1 (fourth level of the first quest) and then one screen up.

#32 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 03 March 2013 - 01:44 PM

Moving on pretty smoothly. Hmm, underestimated the red candle's strength, not just for lighting rooms up.

Level 6-2 oddly has the normal level music, not the level 9 music like the other levels.

#33 Matthew Bluefox

Matthew Bluefox

Meow

• Members

Posted 03 March 2013 - 02:45 PM

Thanks for that, Pixcalibur. Even though it's not gamebreaking, I will fix it as soon as the first upload of Zelda Deluxe 4th Quest has reached the database.
About the red candle ... yeah, in the first, second and fourth quest it's for free. In the third quest though you have to buy it for over 500 rupees and that
makes quite a few people not buy it, even though it's really handy against Lanmolas, Moldorms and swarms of bats. icon_smile.gif

Edited by Matthew Bluefox, 03 March 2013 - 02:49 PM.

#34 Erdrick

Erdrick

Redeemed

• Members

Posted 03 March 2013 - 02:55 PM

Level 2-2 is where Level 3's first entrance was in the third quest. You'll need the Blue Candle to burn the top-right bush.

Edited by Reimu Hakurei, 03 March 2013 - 02:57 PM.

#35 Matthew Bluefox

Matthew Bluefox

Meow

• Members

Posted 03 March 2013 - 03:39 PM

Reimu is correct, thanks for the help. icon_smile.gif

#36 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 03 March 2013 - 07:27 PM

8-1: is there a compass in this level? It was replaced by an HP.

8-2: not sure about having the room with the aquamentus, statues, AND bubbles, all in a cramped space.

I suspect only 2 HP's in 9-3, meaning I'm short one HP. Not sure where it is. Used the lens, but didn't see anything. HP's found outside mirror side: 1 by candle, flute, rod

Edited by pixcalibur, 04 March 2013 - 12:49 AM.

#37 Matthew Bluefox

Matthew Bluefox

Meow

• Members

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:05 AM

There are three HP's in Level 9-3, I double-checked it. However, the cumpass ... yeah, you're right. I'll fix Level 8-1's cumpass and then you will also have the music fix in Level 6-2 included. The patch is coming once my post is edited. About Level 8-2's Aquamentus and the bubbles ... dang, I updated that Aquamentus room in the second quest, but not in the fourth. There should be a single strong Aquamentus in there and only right side statues.

PS: Okay, since the missing cumpass in Level 8-1 and the double left-facing Aquamentus and the room layout in Level 8-2 was a major issue, I had to re-upload the quest, it's now in my signature. The cumpass of Level 8-1 is now in the slow-walk sand room with the red Gohma.

Edited by Matthew Bluefox, 04 March 2013 - 07:59 AM.

#38 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:43 PM

Oh boy, that was a doozy of a last level. The spikes were not helpful in the Ganon battle. Just hoping for the statue fireballs to help a little.

I assume I got everything given the full inventory screen

Ganon's dust here. Surprised that I managed to keep a blue potion on reserve after all this.

IPB Image

============================

And we save Zelda again

IPB Image

=============================

Took a while, but satisfying ending screen

IPB Image

Edited by pixcalibur, 04 March 2013 - 12:44 PM.

#39 Matthew Bluefox

Matthew Bluefox

Meow

• Members

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:48 PM

Holy cow! Not a single death, a white vest run ... purrfection there, Pixcalibur! icon_smile.gif You didn't find any more bugs in Level 8-3, the niners and X? If not, then I can call this the final version, hehe. icon_smile.gif

#40 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 04 March 2013 - 01:18 PM

On like likes, how many different effects do they have? I assume the slow one eats the shield, but what about the 2 kinds of fast ones? One munches rupees, what about the other?

8-3: nothing major. Boss battle is kind of a pain, but luckily for potions

9-1: nothing. Sucks not having the master sword for level 9

9-2: nothing major. Maybe not putting windrobes on the right half side of the map given it's A LOT of backtracking if you get hit.

9-3: nothing

X: no real bugginess here. Oh boy, Touhou bullet spam. With red ring, corner traps do 1 heart. How much do the spiked balls and floor spikes do?

Overall, a nice way to combine the previous 3 quests into one package.

Edited by pixcalibur, 04 March 2013 - 01:26 PM.

#41 Matthew Bluefox

Matthew Bluefox

Meow

• Members

Posted 04 March 2013 - 01:51 PM

The boss battle of 8-3 can be worse than all Level 9 boss battles, I agree. A lucky clock on the Patra's kids can help a bit though, butt I didn't get any clocks in those battles.

The pink Liker eats munny, the brown Liker eats the shield (unless mirror or small) and the level-colored Liker eats magic. If you don't have the 1/2 magic upgrade and get hit by one of those in an early level, your entire magic can easily get eaten while you kill him in the purrcess. icon_smile.gif In Level 6, the magic-eaters and the shield-eaters are kinda hard to see the difference, butt it's possible.

About the windies in 9-2 ... it's one of the last levels, there has to be a "risk" when you are far away from the start. icon_smile.gif And the spikeys in Level X: The floor tiles do 4 hearts, the spiked balls in the black and iced rooms do 8 hearts of damage when touched.

PS: Cungratumeowsniffilations on getting all 52 heart pieces and the Master Sword. I hope it won't be that easy for everyone, haha. icon_smile.gif

Edited by Matthew Bluefox, 04 March 2013 - 01:56 PM.

#42 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:04 PM

Yeah, 8-3 is hard. A clock would auto win for you.

Well, it's the slow ones that will eat the shield

9-2: at least you get some help there with the dungeon item. Luckily there are some rooms you can use for refills and rooms with boss enemies you only have to do once. So does cut down on some of the time needed.

So is that 4 and 8 hearts even with red ring?

#43 Matthew Bluefox

Matthew Bluefox

Meow

• Members

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:10 PM

I think it is, I am not sure if the rule is checked or not for damage cumbos ignoring rings or not. Anyway, I wouldn't advise hitting them if you can avoid them. Last time I did Level 9-2, I started with a red potion and just got to the first "healing-batrobe-spam" room to refill my life with the last potion, then I made it again to that room with the red and drunk bubbles in the Z shape where you have to stun them to get past them. In that room, you can move a stone by the way which helps you a LOT for the final section. And once you got the boss key, you can just save the game and get another red potion if you are out of potions, and then take the shortcut and kill the boss quite easily. icon_smile.gif

#44 linkismyhero

linkismyhero

Senior

• Members

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:08 PM

how do i kill the 4-3 boss?

#45 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:15 PM

Try different items, it's not the sword here. Hint: hopefully you've bought an expansion for one of your items to give yourself room to miss.

And you'll see this later on as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users