The Island of Yeto Help

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#31 Mister Snooze

Mister Snooze

Paladin

• Members

Posted 10 August 2016 - 02:58 PM

Finished the mines and got a heart. The heart seemed anticlimactic, did I miss something?

#32 Yeto

Yeto

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 10 August 2016 - 04:20 PM

The update is released, it actives Palace's map, which I think is a good change to this dungeon.

If some of you want, I could active all maps. But sometimes it shows inconsistent content

Mister Snooze: no; if you finished, it's done!. You don't need "6 elements" to proceed or something like that.

Thanks for the quest, Yeto. I enjoyed it quite a bit.

I watched parts of your gameplay, and overall was very interesting! but, about it:

Spoiler

Edited by Yeto, 11 August 2016 - 04:46 AM.

#33 Kivitoe

Kivitoe

Sponsored by Taco Bell

• Members

Posted 10 August 2016 - 08:27 PM

When are you supposed to fight the Gleeok in the watchtower?

#34 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 11 August 2016 - 12:12 AM

When are you supposed to fight the Gleeok in the watchtower?

Whenever you feel you can take him on. You could go for him straight away, but that will likely lead to a swift and unfortunate end. I beat him with a red tunic and the master sword and a red potion.

Also, this quest seems very hard to get permanently stuck on, but there is one thing I think might be permanently missable if you use all of your other keys in the wrong place: the Ocarina. If you don't choose the ocarina at the item choice and you don't use a key to unlock beach cave, you won't be able to proceed forward in the palace, meaning you either have to use a superbomb to get a secret earlier than intended or go without the magic boomerang and the mirror shield. Is there a secondary way to access the beach cave without a key, or a third way to get the ocarina that can't be missed?

#35 Yeto

Yeto

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 11 August 2016 - 04:33 AM

Whenever you feel you can take him on. You could go for him straight away, but that will likely lead to a swift and unfortunate end. I beat him with a red tunic and the master sword and a red potion.

Also, this quest seems very hard to get permanently stuck on, but there is one thing I think might be permanently missable if you use all of your other keys in the wrong place: the Ocarina. If you don't choose the ocarina at the item choice and you don't use a key to unlock beach cave, you won't be able to proceed forward in the palace, meaning you either have to use a superbomb to get a secret earlier than intended or go without the magic boomerang and the mirror shield. Is there a secondary way to access the beach cave without a key, or a third way to get the ocarina that can't be missed?

Yes, that could be possible! but really improbable, you have many chances to avoid a permanent missable. And in the worst case, you could beat the Gleeok without the Palace done (but both items are out of the palace too). There is a Master key...

Spoiler

Edited by Yeto, 11 August 2016 - 04:49 AM.

#36 Yeto

Yeto

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 11 August 2016 - 09:05 AM

I submitted again, not too important this time, but I improved some things:

Spoiler

Edited by Yeto, 11 August 2016 - 11:09 AM.

#37 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators

Posted 11 August 2016 - 12:55 PM

You should add a secret way to the ocarina or remove the keyhole in front of it or add a third ocarina somewhere, as missing the ocarina should not be possible.

#38 Mani Kanina

Mani Kanina

Rabbits!

• Members

Posted 11 August 2016 - 01:57 PM

Been streaming this, so if you want to watch me stumble around in this quest you can find part 1 through 3 here: Part 1 - Part 2 - Part 3

I'll be streaming more of it some other day, if anyone want to catch it live then I suggest either following the stream announcement thread on pure or idling on either discord servers or IRC, since when I stream is rather sporadic. :P

#39 Mister Snooze

Mister Snooze

Paladin

• Members

Posted 11 August 2016 - 02:43 PM

The update is released, it actives Palace's map, which I think is a good change to this dungeon.

If some of you want, I could active all maps. But sometimes it shows inconsistent content

Please activate those maps, I am a visual person and that is very helpful for me.

#40 Useless Old Man Wisdom

Useless Old Man Wisdom

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 11 August 2016 - 03:16 PM

I made it to just before the boss room in Subrosian mines, but apparently I forgot to bring something.

Spoiler

#41 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators

Posted 11 August 2016 - 03:30 PM

I made it to just before the boss room in Subrosian mines, but apparently I forgot to bring something.

Spoiler

Spoiler

#42 Gendof

Gendof

Illustrious

• Members

Posted 11 August 2016 - 03:57 PM

I looked at Lunaria's part 1 and it appears that he starts in a completely different area,"World", than I do, "Town".

I have found the bombs and bag but can't find the candle or any way out of the first area.

NVM, found sword and candle,

Edited by Gendof, 11 August 2016 - 04:38 PM.

#43 Mani Kanina

Mani Kanina

Rabbits!

• Members

Posted 11 August 2016 - 03:58 PM

I downloaded the quest a couple of days ago, so it's possible the starting area was changed in one of the updates since. :v

#44 Gendof

Gendof

Illustrious

• Members

Posted 11 August 2016 - 05:02 PM

Nope...I was playing the original Yeto...what a dope I am.

#45 Yeto

Yeto

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 11 August 2016 - 06:05 PM

Please activate those maps, I am a visual person and that is very helpful for me.

Ok! it seems all you are agree. Last update will active all maps, despite some inconsistent positions and dmaps issues. I am thinking about last changes I would like to do and maybe I do tomorrow.

Start position never changed, so... it's weird, first version was a little bugged (no fatal bugs) but World was always the first area (edit: ok have seen reply now)

Lunaria, thanks for stream! I looked it a bit, it's interesting how you proceed.

Edited by Yeto, 11 August 2016 - 06:07 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users