Photo

ALTTP Overworld...?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Poll: ALTTP's Overworld

Would you play a quest that took place in ALTTP's overworld?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#16 Matthew Bluefox

Matthew Bluefox

Meow

• Members

Posted 15 April 2016 - 04:35 PM

Cute map there, King Aquamentus! I hope sumbuddy is gunna finish a Z1 styled Z3 overworld. :)

• Anthus likes this

#17 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 15 April 2016 - 08:10 PM

Yeah, that is a pretty legit map, KA. I really like how it looks different in a lot of ways, but it is still recognizable.

#18 Lüt

Lüt

Germanize

• Members

Posted 17 April 2016 - 06:04 PM

Indeed I have lol. A lot of the design for it, while based on alttp, is still pretty different in certain areas. For example, in the lost woods, the shrine for the master sword is quite different, and some of the areas around it have been completely redesigned, only hinting at the original by using specific landmarks and item locations. A lot of the lost woods will be custom work as a result, but it's nice in that regard because I can still make some areas look almost exact, while providing original material as well.

That's probably the best way to do it. If you can get the right balance of fresh and familiar, you'll be on to something good.

Either way, I'll be interested to see what you've got going once you get your demo out.

Also, really liking the Anthus and KA adaptations. Don't know how I missed that the first time :(

• Anthus and AdmiralJaden like this

#19 AdmiralJaden

AdmiralJaden

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 08 October 2016 - 07:40 PM

Hey everyone, I'm back, I wanted to share my latest overworld screen (since that became a thing here), and to revive this thread a bit.

Here's what I've got so far on mine (project demo link is my userbar in my signature)

Spoiler

• Anthus likes this

#20 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 08 October 2016 - 07:51 PM

That's a solid start. Pure lends itself well to ALttP's style. :)

• AdmiralJaden likes this

#21 AdmiralJaden

AdmiralJaden

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 08 October 2016 - 08:14 PM

That's a solid start. Pure lends itself well to ALttP's style. :)

Thank you :D and yeah it really does. This has really been a great and fun project so far too.

• Anthus likes this

#22 cavthena

cavthena

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 08 October 2016 - 08:42 PM

matching the style and art work of alttp is one thing but trying to build the overworld is another. I recommend spending your time building an overworld that works for you instead of trying to recreate one.

• AdmiralJaden likes this

#23 AdmiralJaden

AdmiralJaden

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 08 October 2016 - 09:55 PM

matching the style and art work of alttp is one thing but trying to build the overworld is another. I recommend spending your time building an overworld that works for you instead of trying to recreate one.

This particular project does a little bit of both :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users