A Simple Quest

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#16 ML1014

ML1014

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 25 March 2016 - 03:04 PM

Yeah, I'm having an issue with level 4 also. Even if I buy a key, I'll STILL be one key short. And I need to access the bottom right quarter of that dungeon. Goldenring is right about the top right room. It takes you to an area off the map that looks like there's supposed to be a Gleeok and a closed door. Nothing there. This quest is becoming so frustrating.

Edited by ML1014, 25 March 2016 - 03:07 PM.

#17 Gold Ring

Gold Ring

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 25 March 2016 - 03:27 PM

You will need to have two keys in your possession (and then pick the correct pathway) in order to avoid buying any keys at all in Level 4.   Once you collect the two keys, do not use them on the doors in the upper left or upper right corner of the dungeon.  There should be a third locked door in the center of the dungeon (the locked door faces east) - that's the correct one to use your key on.   Behind that door is another locked door, which is why you need to have two keys before proceeding.

I still haven't beaten Level 4, but I have found Level 5 and have started exploring the overworld, which now opens up in a big way thanks to one of the treasures in Level 4.

#18 ms_zelda_lady

ms_zelda_lady

Warrior

• Members

Posted 25 March 2016 - 06:33 PM

Someone where in the level I bombed a wall and inside was a key. I wish I could tell you where but I don't know where it was. I gave up trying to find the boss and left the level. I haven't used the red candle yet but the bracelet really didn't give me anything but a money room. II was hoping to get to the eastern side of the map with the bracelet but none of those stones move. I guess it's time to burn the hell out of the overworld map and maybe I'll get lucky. If I do I'll be posting it asap

#19 Gold Ring

Gold Ring

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 25 March 2016 - 07:04 PM

ms_zelda_lady -   you can get to the eastern side of the overworld map with the bracelet.   It's not very intuitive - on the screen where the river bends, try pushing one of the stones UP (into the water).   The screen will change and you can go to the eastern side.   One warning: on the eastern side,  there's a large rock that's a very obvious place to bomb - inside there's an old man who wants a whopping 100 rupees for door repair. 

Right now I have completed Level 5, but still have not completed Level 4.  There's a vast amount of overworld to explore on the eastern side - LOTS of territory, but the enemies out there get harder.  If you find the letter to buy potions, let me know.  Still haven't found the letter or Level 6 yet and exploring (basically burning down every tree in sight) is getting harder to do without more life/potions.

#20 ms_zelda_lady

ms_zelda_lady

Warrior

• Members

Posted 25 March 2016 - 08:27 PM

Thanks Gold Ring. I've checked out a bit of the eastern side.  At the right bottom of the map there's a dock that leads to a shop that sells the blue ring for $250. 

Edited by ms_zelda_lady, 25 March 2016 - 08:45 PM.

#21 Gold Ring

Gold Ring

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 25 March 2016 - 09:28 PM

Thanks, I had found that.  But if you start exploring the northern/northeastern overworld (it's an entirely new overworld map), the Blue Ring only helps a little.  The "northern overworld" has pretty hard enemies - I could use a red ring or potions.

Once I bought the blue ring and had only 5 rupees, I visited the old man for door repair.  He can have my 5 rupees.  :snide:    

I have now finished Level 6 (mostly by cowering in the doorways and firing sword beams into the rooms to kill everything), but I can't find Level 7 yet.  By the way, you can get the magic sword with only 10 hearts in this quest.  I have also found the master sword, but not enough hearts to get it.  

Update: It's really remote in the northern overworld, but there is a shop with a guy that sells potions (without needing the letter).  So, the old woman's shop still does nothing for now.

Edited by Gold Ring, 25 March 2016 - 10:52 PM.

#22 Gold Ring

Gold Ring

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 26 March 2016 - 09:45 AM

I figured out how to beat Level 4.   In the southeastern part of the dungeon, there is a locked room (the locked door faces west).  When you're done with that room (which contains darknuts and wallmasters), make sure you exit the room using the OTHER door.

#23 Lukaz

Lukaz

Master

• Members

Posted 26 March 2016 - 10:50 AM

Where is level 5 ? - I have checked both overworlds, burned and bombed everything.....just canĀ“t find it / Lukaz

#24 Gold Ring

Gold Ring

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 26 March 2016 - 11:15 AM

Just north of where you push a rock to cross the river leading to the eastern half of the overworld, you need to push another rock to reveal Level 5.   (It's one of the rocks that hugs the river on the eastern side of it.)

#25 Lukaz

Lukaz

Master

• Members

Posted 26 March 2016 - 11:22 AM

Thanks alot

#26 ms_zelda_lady

ms_zelda_lady

Warrior

• Members

Posted 26 March 2016 - 11:26 AM

Thanks Gold Ring for the solution to beating level 4. I have a bunch of things to do this afternoon but tonight I will try to finally finish level 4.

#27 Matthew Bluefox

Matthew Bluefox

Meow

• Members

Posted 26 March 2016 - 01:47 PM

Nice to see you still active, Miss Zelda Lady. :)

#28 ML1014

ML1014

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 26 March 2016 - 01:59 PM

I found a Magic Key. It's in the 2nd overworld (northeast area). Gotta take a raft ride to an island with a bunch of bushes shaped like a skullhead and burn one of them. Be careful though, there's two wicked Octoroks that'll zap you if you're not careful. Man, that 2nd overworld is crazy...watch out!

Edited by ML1014, 26 March 2016 - 02:29 PM.

#29 ms_zelda_lady

ms_zelda_lady

Warrior

• Members

Posted 26 March 2016 - 04:09 PM

I died 3 times trying to get those nasty octoroks but if that's the treasure it's worthy dying for. Hi Matthew. Yup I'm still alive and kicking....well not kicking but I'm still able to play Zelda so life is good.

#30 sctmorgan

sctmorgan

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 26 March 2016 - 05:54 PM

I see the bracelet has been revealed but I can't find it.  I finished level 4 and have burned alot in the overworld but no bracelet.  Hint someone...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users