Help

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#1 Mani Kanina

Mani Kanina

Rabbits!

• Members

Posted 27 July 2015 - 02:57 AM

The new version includes further balance improvements, and a slight amount of content expansion. (A few new items and a new gambling game.) I think this difficulty level is more fine tuned and should be beatable by mostly anyone. (As those who struggle can amass more upgrades from the shops!) I also packed in a super hidden small joke dungeon. (Though without garbage graphics or anything like that.)

It's my hope with this that those who found previous versions either too hard/frustrating or tedious, are willing to give the quest another spin. Since those issues have been addressed! And for those of you who may not know, a extra post game bonus dungeon has been added. Click for a minor spoiler: [Link] =)

Not to mention, the new overworld area that has been in for quite a few versions:
zelda208.png

#2 renaultgamer0

renaultgamer0

Junior

• Members

Posted 27 July 2015 - 08:56 PM

I can't find the heart piece in level 4 and while I'm at it level 8's as well.  Does anyone know where it is?

#3 Mani Kanina

Mani Kanina

Rabbits!

• Members

Posted 28 July 2015 - 05:04 AM

spoiler

#4 Zolias

Zolias

Retired Darknut Captain; Apprentice Wizrobe

• Members

Posted 28 July 2015 - 10:10 PM

Is there a description of what the rings do?  Not easy to figure out just based on their visuals...  What I DO have, though, is knowledge on 2 rings: The Green and Blue Rupee Rings basically doubles the amount of money earned when collecting green and blue rupees respectively (Green gives 2 and Blue gives 10).  

Now I saw 3 other rings in a shop somewhere, and two I'm not sure of their functions; there's one with a diamond-shape with a '!' inside and one with a flashing skull... the other LOOKS to be a Heart Ring to recover over time, but since the Rupee rings threw me for a loop (thought they would reduce shop prices), I'm going to ask anyway.  

After all, there's no descriptions on items you buy that I've seen so far (might wanna add a script that gives info on items you acquire).

#5 Mani Kanina

Mani Kanina

Rabbits!

• Members

Posted 29 July 2015 - 03:59 AM

ring functions

#6 Zolias

Zolias

Retired Darknut Captain; Apprentice Wizrobe

• Members

Posted 29 July 2015 - 04:29 PM

ring functions

I see...  Y'know, if possible, maybe you should make a description of what all rings do for future reference; maybe a notepad document included that gives information on what simple rings you can find and what they do, and if you have any special rings that you want to remain secret, at least allude to their function.

EDIT: Trying every single thing to open the Heart Chest in Lv 8, but I just can't seem to get it to open... :c

Edited by Zolias, 29 July 2015 - 07:34 PM.

#7 Lejes

Lejes

Seeker of Runes

• Members

Posted 30 July 2015 - 08:53 PM

The heart chest you see is a fake. The real chest is hidden in the same room.

#8 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 10 October 2015 - 12:35 PM

Began playing this quest a few days ago, so far it's really unique and interesting. I really like the idea this quest has, so great job on that.

I have two questions though. For one, what are these for?

d9FKCRJ.png

And second question, any hints as to where I can find Level 5? I've been wondering around for a little while now, unless it's in a place that is incredibly obvious and I just skipped it a lot like an idiot lol

Either way, I'm definitely looking forward to playing more of this!

Edit: Seems like I didn't look hard enough, found Level 5 lol. I'd still like to know what those two things on the images are though.

Edit 2: Found out those rings on the floor are just whistle whirlwind locations. And new issue, can't find Level 6 anywhere, though I've managed to find Level 7 and 8. I also managed to find a key in that Tropara place, but I dunno if there are any other keys in that area.

#9 faronheights

faronheights

Initiate

• Members

Posted 25 November 2015 - 11:38 PM

Replaying this quest in the new version 2.3 and I must say it's quite fun. I must also say that I think I've managed to stumble into a secret area. I was exploring Tropara trying to figure out how to clear that last tile of map and found it. I won't say anything more about that.

What I do want to ask about is this: How do I get out of the first room of that secret area? I've tried every single weapon I have (Level 8 cleared, Level 9 not entered yet) on the thing which looks like a glowing switch and nothing happened. I even tried upgrading my arrows to Level 3 as I know arrow level is sometimes a trigger condition. However, that didn't help. Do I need another weapon to move forward? Perhaps the upgrade to the Spear would be enough. Or maybe that switch is a total red herring. I don't know.

#10 Mani Kanina

Mani Kanina

Rabbits!

• Members

Posted 26 November 2015 - 06:01 AM

What I do want to ask about is this: How do I get out of the first room of that secret area? I've tried every single weapon I have (Level 8 cleared, Level 9 not entered yet) on the thing which looks like a glowing switch and nothing happened. I even tried upgrading my arrows to Level 3 as I know arrow level is sometimes a trigger condition. However, that didn't help. Do I need another weapon to move forward? Perhaps the upgrade to the Spear would be enough. Or maybe that switch is a total red herring. I don't know.

Mmmm, you need the item from level 9 to trigger that switch.

Began playing this quest a few days ago, so far it's really unique and interesting. I really like the idea this quest has, so great job on that.

I have two questions though. For one, what are these for?
d9FKCRJ.png

If you still need help with this eddy, those work just like the ones in OoT, that is to say, it's a spot to stand on and use the whistle. :P

#11 faronheights

faronheights

Initiate

• Members

Posted 26 November 2015 - 07:29 PM

Well, I got the item and entered the new area, proceeded to get lost for a little while and then eventually ended up in another ice block puzzle similar to one in Level 9. You wouldn't think one fewer block would make the puzzle so much harder, but I'm having trouble wrapping my brain around it. The basic premise is the same, but the endgame of the puzzle currently eludes me.

#12 Mani Kanina

Mani Kanina

Rabbits!

• Members

Posted 26 November 2015 - 08:18 PM

Fun fact, the ice block puzzle in the bonus dungeon was the original version, and was located in level 9 before. My playtesters and the players of earlier version of the quest had a really hard time solving it though, so I made it easier. Still, I liked the original design, so I put it in the optional bonus dungeon. :P

The one in level 9 is easier to wrap your head around if you're familiar with the common tropes of sliding block puzzles, and it allows for more direct solutions. The original puzzle in the bonus dungeon requires a fine grasp on figuring out the staples of these type of puzzles, that is to say, figuring out a block recovery technique. :P

Good luck trying to solve it~

#13 faronheights

faronheights

Initiate

• Members

Posted 26 November 2015 - 10:59 PM

Thanks. I'm going to need it! :P

At least there's other sectors to take on while I think about that puzzle a bit more. Got through one so far and partway through a second. The endless maze made my brain hurt for a different reason; wasn't interested in trying to brute force it. There has to be an observational thing I missed after trial and erroring my way to a key. Currently trying to complete the last unexplored sector to obtain the map. Maybe that will be helpful, though I doubt it.

EDIT: Completed the last unexplored sector and got the map. I was right. It was no help whatsoever in completing the endless maze. After further observation, I do think the solution lies in the chamber you need to double back in order to access. That was the maze chamber I was referring to when I said I wasn't interested in "brute forcing" it. The one with four crystals in the center of it which also loops endlessly.

EDIT 2: Came back with a fresh perspective today and managed to solve the tricky pseudo-9 ice block puzzle! I was trying too hard to make it similar to the Level 9 puzzle and didn't see the solution likely in front of my face 10 or so times. XD One more puzzle remains in that sector and then it's back to the endless maze to try and solve that. On the plus side, plenty of Rupees to purchase the last upgrades the game has to offer. Still need the Magic Boomerang and the Magic Longbow or whatever it's actually called. No infinite Rupee thing this time around to worry about. At the very least, if it does exist, it's not where it was previously.

Edited by faronheights, 27 November 2015 - 07:41 PM.

#14 faronheights

faronheights

Initiate

• Members

Posted 27 November 2015 - 09:18 PM

Don't like to double post, but I've hit a bit of an impasse. The endless maze was solved successfully and almost the entire ice block sector has been completed. I say "almost" because I've somehow managed to come up a key short. I got the one behind the pseudo-9 puzzle and I retrieved one which required a lot of buttons to access successfully. However, one still eludes me. I've looked everywhere in there and found nothing so far. There has to be some kind of off-map room containing the last key... though that would make no sense given the structure of the rest of the dungeon.

EDIT: Never mind. I was an idiot. And you know exactly why I was an idiot. Fun area overall. XD

Edited by faronheights, 27 November 2015 - 09:32 PM.

#15 Bill Nye the Russian Spy

Bill Nye the Russian Spy

БИЛЛ БИЛЛ БИЛЛ БИЛЛ

• Members

Posted 28 November 2015 - 06:39 PM

I got an overworld key and used it on something that only gave me 1 Rupee. I've seen people mentioning that there's a place where you can buy keys, but I've been all over the overworld and haven't found it - where is it?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users