Tropicana Island

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#16 tox_von

tox_von

Zelda Addict

• Members

Posted 24 September 2011 - 08:24 PM

The top bit where the continue problem is this only happens in the summer map it think. Ii dont know why it makes you continue in the top left room even though its not set to continue there. I think this is a bug with the program. The warp room was to try and fix this it should warp to the bottom left entrance i can fix this. If you die and continue outside the dungeon you should start back at the start.
That is where level 3 entrance is I must have been playing that when the error happened but it will always have to be set to the level 1 entrance if this happens i think ,even for later levels. Without using code i cant fix this maybe in 2.5 rc2+.

I just uploaded a version that warps you back to the L1 entrance when this happens

Edited by tox_von, 25 September 2011 - 01:28 AM.

#17 chiefbigcalf

chiefbigcalf

Warrior

• Members

Posted 25 September 2011 - 05:23 AM

I have the boomerang!!! Whew, what a ride....awesome! Certainly was not boring.no glitches or bugs along the way... icon_thumbsup.gif You have done a helluva job so far...I know players who want a challenge will join the ride....are you still working on bosses for the levels??

#18 tox_von

tox_von

Zelda Addict

• Members

Posted 25 September 2011 - 07:45 AM

I was going to do one boss for all four levels(Called Quatro) and each time you fight it with more items its harder to kill. I wasnt sure what to make it a worm with four heads or maybe something with 4 arms and 4 eyes to shoot.I havent started on this yet.I dont know how good i can make it and ive been using gamemaker which is so easy to make enemies with compared to zc.there may be a way to combine these if anybody knows.

Edited by tox_von, 25 September 2011 - 08:06 AM.

#19 Rover

Rover

slam dunk

• Members

Posted 25 September 2011 - 10:37 AM

Just downloaded this quest, it's very interesting. I'm not up to any significant point yet

What's the overworld theme? It's catchy. :>

Also... umm... what? What is this crocodile doing here?
IPB Image

#20 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 25 September 2011 - 10:38 AM

This game sounds delicious! icon_smile.gif

#21 chiefbigcalf

chiefbigcalf

Warrior

• Members

Posted 25 September 2011 - 06:57 PM

boomerang doesn't make the green thing disappear in this screen

IPB Image

IPB Image

this screen, boomer doesn't take the green thing away

#22 tox_von

tox_von

Zelda Addict

• Members

Posted 25 September 2011 - 07:38 PM

The crocodiles come in the summer to eat the bananas the other seasons they block the path so you cant move past them.
I can fix the boomerang thing. Is there two as both pics are the same?
I was looking for more things to do coming out of the dungeons in different seasons this was going to be something to do each level but i only used it on a couple of dungeons.
The tune is from Diddy Kong Racing Pirate Lagoon it is called.

Edited by tox_von, 26 September 2011 - 12:15 AM.

#23 chiefbigcalf

chiefbigcalf

Warrior

• Members

Posted 26 September 2011 - 08:15 AM

Sorry, same pic - trouble loading.

However, how do I get to the NE entrance for Quatro?? - have explored all parts of Quatro in each season, except those areas accessed from NE

In this pic...the stones won't move

IPB Image

In this pic...ladder won't go over the holes

IPB Image

How do I get to the NE parts of Quatro? Can't seem to get there from within....is there another outside entrance and where??

#24 tox_von

tox_von

Zelda Addict

• Members

Posted 26 September 2011 - 08:25 AM

the north east part is level 4 the path to this is mid south in spring use flippers.
IPB Image

your not meant to push the blocks you need L2 Gloves found in L7 the triangles take you to the level paths sequentially giving a way to return fast and give a preview of whats to come.

I can fix the ladder.

#25 chiefbigcalf

chiefbigcalf

Warrior

• Members

Posted 26 September 2011 - 11:59 AM

Need the flippers....any clue? I don't have the lamp yet either...Ihave bow and arrow, glove level 1, ladder, boomer, 12 bombs and a ton of keys...

I see where to go...but need those dang flippers...

I found an entrance to the NE Quatro...but need the lamp (Spring), along the bottom in the SE overworld.

"BUG"- When I came out of this empty shop...this is where I got stuck....(the entrance is below this)

IPB Image

Still looking for the flippers.and lamp....

#26 tox_von

tox_von

Zelda Addict

• Members

Posted 26 September 2011 - 07:23 PM

The flippers are here in the level 3 bit of quatro they are needed for beating the L3 bit.
IPB Image

The lamp is found at the start of the L4 bit thats why it is blocked. It is open in summer the season its meant to be entered in.
The reason its blocked is so you cant ext here and reenter in a different season to get it messing the dungeon sequence up.

How did you get to the Mid South bit without flippers? Did you cheat or was this a bug?

The shop i was thinking of selling an item and you had to come out of the dungeon to buy it in a different season than you entered.so you could finish the dungeon.

Edited by tox_von, 26 September 2011 - 07:28 PM.

#27 chiefbigcalf

chiefbigcalf

Warrior

• Members

Posted 26 September 2011 - 07:54 PM

Did not cheat....just wound around and got there in Spring (I believe)...anything I'm doing, it will be with no cheats...I'm trying to help you while I'm having a good time playing....still not sure about the flippers....I shoild come in from the NW?? What season? Summer is blocked after 2 rooms. Winter can only go 5 rooms. Same with spring. Need some help....can't go anywhere without the lamp...at a standstill

without flippers I mean

OK...I GOT IT...THE GLOVE ALLOWED ME TO MOVE SOME BLOCKS....ALL IS WELL ( I HOPE!) SHOULD GET THE FLIPPERS, NOW..

#28 tox_von

tox_von

Zelda Addict

• Members

Posted 26 September 2011 - 10:22 PM

go right here in quatro spring to get the flippers.
IPB Image

The shop is fixed and now sells a L2 Boomerang i can block the dungeon so this is needed later

The mid south bit should only be acessable with the flippers at the above point. I need to block any other ways of getting there before this.

Edited by tox_von, 26 September 2011 - 10:32 PM.

#29 chiefbigcalf

chiefbigcalf

Warrior

• Members

Posted 27 September 2011 - 05:14 AM

There are places where you can walk through "damage items" ( the poison plants), you lose health points but you just plod through. That is how I was able to wind around to the entrance.

IPB Image

In this screen, if you walk over the hole then walk thru the poison plant, you can continue to wind around. There is another place where you do it again.

In Quatro Spring, I have the boss key and the lamp, but I can't get the "blocking tiles" to lower so as to claim the heart container, the lamp doesn't light the 4 lamp urns at the bottom of the screen. Do I need the book and wand to light them? Or is there something else that will work

AND WHERE IS THE BOSS KEY IN WINTER?

OK...I FOUND THE BOOK icon_biggrin.gif

#30 tox_von

tox_von

Zelda Addict

• Members

Posted 27 September 2011 - 08:16 AM

The pic didnt load

IPB Image
You get magic container here which lights the final torches for finishing L4 and Quatro.
The next 5 levels are set up the same way but with an upstairs and a downstairs and they are called Penta.

IPB Image
The boss key in winter is here its a dive warp.

Winter is the L3 triforce. Spring is the L4 triforce.

Edited by tox_von, 27 September 2011 - 08:22 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users