Photo

Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#46 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 23 May 2017 - 05:38 PM

To be fair, I think this stuff is some sort of promotional material for investors and wasn't meant to be shown to the public, so it's hard to say if the final product will even use such language. I only hope not because it just seems edgy. And tryhard. Like that last image I posted. Everything about it screams "WE'RE STILL RELEVANT, DAMMIT."

• strike likes this

#47 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 12 June 2017 - 03:29 PM

Added trailer to first post.

It's... weird. It's pretty! But the gameplay is not gameplay I'm familiar with. People compared it to Xcom and Chroma Squad, styles of gameplay I've never played. Seeing Mario move in western animation techniques is unnatural. And the one good thing I can honestly say is that Grant Kirkhope is composing the soundtrack.

Still skipping this one. I'm against this idea, I despise Rabbids, I'm not into this kind of gameplay. I can at least say that it doesn't look like a total phoned-in garbage game, but it's still not for me. I also kind of hate the rock soundtrack they threw in... retains shades of tryhard from those leaked slides, that does...

#48 Ventus

Ventus

Legend

• Members

Posted 12 June 2017 - 07:57 PM

Seen the trailer, the game screams XCOM. Looks like it might be worth a play. Won't buy a switch for it. But I hand it to ubisoft it looks alright. I hate the rabbids but the gameplay might make up for it for sure.

#49 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 23 August 2017 - 02:38 PM

DH7yTwWXsAE0Nm3.jpg

Alright I'm back to being annoyed at this game. Why does this need a season pass? Why does a Mario game have a season pass? Mario Kart 8 DLC is one thing but AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

#50 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 24 August 2017 - 04:13 PM

Oof, yeah, that's dumb. Looks like it might finally be becoming a trend in games on Nintendo systems. BotW has a similar DLC season pass schedule, and from what I hear Splatoon 2 is doing it too. I'm not against the company making a buck, but between amiibo locked content, and limited availability, plus this season pass stuff, it's looking like the new Nintendo is all about dat mullah skrilla guap monay, and are just kind of expecting parents of little kids to just buy this shit up by the shovel full. This might be the worst licensed Mario title since the CDi days. Uhghghhg. Oh well, it's not like anyone is making me buy it. This game is just gross, but I'll concede that if it sells Switches, that's cool too. Bigger install base means more companies might continue making games for it, so there's that.

#51 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 24 August 2017 - 04:31 PM

Splatoon 2 doesn't have a season pass. It and ARMS are the exception, all of its new things are coming out for free. 

• Anthus likes this

#52 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 24 August 2017 - 04:34 PM

Splatoon 2 doesn't have a season pass. It and ARMS are the exception, all of its new things are coming out for free. 

Ah, okay. good to know. I need to try that game. There's finally a backlog of Switch games I want but I'm going to wait to see if the do a bundle for Mario Odyssey.

And this game isn't one of them. :blah:

#53 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 25 August 2017 - 03:20 AM

"A new unexpected story content" unexpected by whom? The developers? Are they being told late in development that there will be more story stuff to create?

Edited by Nicholas Steel, 25 August 2017 - 03:21 AM.

• Anthus likes this

#54 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 30 August 2017 - 03:27 PM

I don't know how I feel about this. I'll keep an eye on it, but I'm certainly not sold on even the idea of this. Eh...

Well, my copy arrived yesterday and played the first few areas of it. I can honestly say that I enjoyed the little bit of time I played it. I was gonna play more before bed, but I dozed off on the couch for a few hours, and went to bed shortly after I had awoken. As my quoted post shows, I wasn't too sure on this, but I think it'll continue to be enjoyable for me.

#55 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 02 September 2017 - 09:50 PM

I think after seeing a bit of it I'm confident it's a solid game in its own right. Also Grant Kirkhope soundtrack, so what's not to love about that? I'm just... turned off by the Rabbids. I don't like Rabbids. I feel like once I got used to it I could actually enjoy the gameplay... but not with Rabbids.

And honestly I'm far more interested in the girl who showed up in the beginning anyway. Who is she, what's her story, why was she squandered in a plot excuse opening when she's far more interesting than anything else I've seen?!?!

#56 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 02 September 2017 - 11:09 PM

Boss Battle spoiler for Conker's Bad Fur Day fans: https://www.youtube....h?v=PH-cpqE-efw

#57 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 02 September 2017 - 11:43 PM

Boss Battle spoiler for Conker's Bad Fur Day fans: https://www.youtube....h?v=PH-cpqE-efw

I'm going to go buy a Switch and this game right now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users