Randomizer Returns

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 faronheights

faronheights

Initiate

• Members

Posted 02 February 2017 - 06:46 PM

I am trying out version 1.11 of Randomizer Returns and noticing a rather strange phenomenon going on. (I keep all versions released on archive on my machine)

I play the game with the following settings in Custom Random:

Mixed Dungeons, All Dungeons, Random Mix, Random Overworld, Any World, Random Items, All six options turned on, Random Secrets, Random Prices, Random Level 9 Item

Every time I have done that in the past day since downloading it, I have begun on 1st Quest Hyrule in a cave near the northeast corner with Level 4 just beneath my position under an Armos, Level 1 two screens to the east where the letter is supposed to be and Level 2 in the Northeast corner past the hidden passage.

Furthermore, the game always gives me the Wooden Sword at the beginning and the dungeons are always from 1st Quest. (BTW, if I limit the options of dungeons, it will always default to the first dungeon set that it can. IOW, Outlands 1 for Outlands and BS 1 for BS.)

Did something happen with the randomization algorithm when Version 1.11 was released? BTW, I did just do a test with Version 1.1 using the same parameters and got a quest which is not the exact same as the one I just described.

#17 HeroOfFire

HeroOfFire

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 01 April 2017 - 12:50 PM

What? An update on April Fools? Where's the joke?

The joke comes from some new options. Random music and hints are now options.

I mean, the hints were not helpful if you had a random mix of dungeons in the first place, now the hints will make even less sense.

And the random music does not care, it will gladly have Overworld music in Level 9. Or maybe use music not normally heard...

The real fun comes with a new extra mode option. While I won't spoil it, it might be fun for those who wanted to try out some of these new weapons...

Other than that, just a few fixes. The previously mentioned bug has been fixed, as well as small improvements to some weapons.

Also, the difficulty option does a little more now. Lower difficulties lower prices in expensive shops, to reduce rupee grinding. Hard mode keeps the average 250 price tag, but normal mode drops the price a little and easy mode reduces it further and also adds discounts to the curiosity shop. The shops added in one of the extra modes are not affected.

So for those wanting a silly experience on April Fools, there you go. Just remember, hold Up and Map when selecting All Random or Custom Random to access the extra modes. Go nuts, turn them all on. Nothing can go wrong!

#18 Orithan

Orithan

Studying Scientist - Commission from Silvixen

• Members

Posted 31 October 2017 - 06:27 PM

ao1hRDQ.png

> So Little Dungeons

What hell did I sign myself up for now?

Edited by Orithan, 31 October 2017 - 06:28 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users