A temporary creator is needed

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

#1 Sans

Sans

Hey kid wanna buy hot dogs ?

• Members

Posted 21 June 2017 - 06:25 PM

Hello everyone i have a bad news. I know certain persons waiting my quest finish but i have a big problem.
My pc keyboard stops to working. Nothing is working and the left bouton also so until i got a new pc i cannot continue the quest project for probably a long time. So i need a temporary creator that he'll continue my quest project (without changes the graphics and the story) until i'll get my pc back. If nobody helps me i'll lost anything i was made on the project quest and i'll have to restart anything at zero and i don't wants to do that so i really need your helps before i lost my pc (and probably on this week) and i don't want to lose everything. I'll give you the unpassword quest include the script files on the ''Mayath Island Scripts'' folders. So onces again i really need you. I'm so sorry to asking that but my pc is almost finish.

I hope someone could continue the project quest in attendant i got a new pc.

#2 Jenny

Jenny

braixen

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 21 June 2017 - 07:21 PM

I don't think people are  going to want to make your quest for you.

It's unfortunate you can't work on it yourself, though.

#3 Sans

Sans

• Members

Posted 21 June 2017 - 07:22 PM

i know  but if i'll never get my pc back ? it's why i asking this because if i lost my pc forever i lost any progress of my project quest also and it's just in attendant 

#4 Lüt

Lüt

Germanize

• Members

Posted 21 June 2017 - 07:41 PM

I don't follow your reasoning.

How is replacing a broken keyboard going to cause any data loss on your system?

Do you mean that you have a laptop computer, and not a desktop computer, so that you have to send the entire laptop away to be fixed?

If you have to send the entire machine in for repairs, and you're worried that the repair shop will delete your data, do you not have a flash drive, a CD burner, or even a disk to back up your files on? What about online cloud storage? Something like Google Drive? I keep daily backups of any big work I do by uploading them to a Google Drive archive, and sometimes on a flash drive. So if anything happens to my computer, my data will be available to download from Google Drive, as well as copy back off from my flash drive.

If you are asking for somebody to send your quest to, so that they can store it for you to keep it safe, and then return it to you when you have a working computer again, I'm sure some people will be willing to keep a copy of your work. Quest files aren't huge, which is also why they're easy to store in free online cloud storage - no account will charge you for extreme bandwidth or storage usage. But even though some people would keep a copy of your quest for you, I don't expect anybody will work on it for you. You'll have to do that when you get your computer back, and they give you your quest back.

• Anthus likes this

#5 Sans

Sans

• Members

Posted 21 June 2017 - 07:45 PM

all thing i have is my entire mobile pc :/ and my parents and me have no much money :/ 

#6 Phosphor

Phosphor

Pixelating

• Members

Posted 21 June 2017 - 07:56 PM

Can't you just get a thumbdrive and transfer the quest to that? Or pull out the hard drive? And if you can send it to someone else, can't they just hold onto the file until you get a working computer?

Edited by Phosphor, 21 June 2017 - 08:00 PM.

#7 Sans

Sans

• Members

Posted 21 June 2017 - 08:02 PM

mm... i could try something but i don't think that going works because on my first quest when i tries to download my own quest in mediafire or another pages for this well i simply got an error and the quest don't works an all.

#8 Saffith

Saffith

IPv7 user

• ZC Developers

Posted 21 June 2017 - 10:49 PM

That ought to work. Could you show us an example?
And if you can't put it on MediaFire or something, how would you send it to someone else anyway?

#9 Omega

Omega

Yes

• Members

Posted 21 June 2017 - 11:10 PM

Use on screen keyboard, or go to the second hand store and find a cheap usb keyboard? There's a way to enable onscreen keyboard with only the mouse I'm certain. I've had to do it myself, from the Windows start screen. What OS do you have?

Edited by Omega, 21 June 2017 - 11:15 PM.

#10 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 21 June 2017 - 11:53 PM

• Get a USB keyboard from a used-stuff-store as mentioned above.
  • Get a USB drive, or SD card, or even a DVD will work, but that is last a last resort.
  • Copy all of your important stuff to the storage device of your choice.
  • If you can't acquire a storage device, upload your important files to Dropbox, google drive, or something comparable.
  • Have your keyboard repaired.

If all else fails, then, well.. it's meant to be. Good luck, I know from experience that computer failure can be detrimental to a project.

#11 Omega

Omega

Yes

• Members

Posted 22 June 2017 - 01:48 AM

Oh, you might also have num lock on. If you have like an hp 2000 or a smaller laptop, hold CTRL and then move your mouse to the very bottom right corner of your screen, if this doesn't work or you have a different laptop try another num lock method on Google. My entire keyboard wouldnt respond one time until I did this.

Edited by Omega, 22 June 2017 - 01:48 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users