Photo

Usergroup Icons

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
38 replies to this topic

Poll: Usergroup Icons (38 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you be interested in usergroup icons?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#16 SkyLizardGirl

SkyLizardGirl

Unbeknownst to danger we call upon your help

• Banned

Posted 11 November 2015 - 06:12 AM

The point of this poll is to see if members want something. :P

I know.

Did you want anything too?

Edited by SkyLizardGirl, 11 November 2015 - 06:45 AM.

#17 Mani Kanina

Mani Kanina

Rabbits!

• Members

Posted 11 November 2015 - 08:03 AM

The point of this thread was to gather suggestions and ideas for new user bars, not looking at the current ones that we already have. :P

• SkyLizardGirl likes this

#18 Magi_Hero

Magi_Hero

gubgub

• Members

Posted 11 November 2015 - 11:05 AM

We should make a followup thread for the pip ideas.

I'd vote for a taco pip.

#19 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 11 November 2015 - 11:31 AM

Why don't we just get the old colored heart containers back? Everyone was content with those.

#20 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 11 November 2015 - 11:35 AM

The issue is that the colored heart containers were based on post count. The more posts you had, the more hearts you had. We feel this isn't a great system because it basically says "Members that post more are better," and encourages people to spam posts to fill up their hearts. It's not the kind of attitude we want on the site. We'd rather have a set of icons doesn't arbitrarily rank some people above others, in the interest of community.
  • Mani Kanina, Shane, Jared and 1 other like this

#21 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 11 November 2015 - 11:41 AM

Which is why you should be able to choose a userbar, and you get more depending on an average of post count and account age. This way, it doesn't imply to new players any sort of order or hierarchy at all,and by the time they learn that you unlock more, they've likely learned the rules to know not to spam.

#22 Nimono

Nimono

Ultra Miyoa Extraordinaire!

• Members

Posted 11 November 2015 - 11:48 AM

Which is why you should be able to choose a userbar, and you get more depending on an average of post count and account age. This way, it doesn't imply to new players any sort of order or hierarchy at all,and by the time they learn that you unlock more, they've likely learned the rules to know not to spam.

But even still, this encourages spam for those who want that userbar. It still implies a hierarchy simply because older users/those who post more get something that the younger users/those who post less get. Besides, what purpose would having to "unlock" userbars have? Even if you ignore the potential for encouraging spam, it...seems pointless, why can't we just give all users every userbar from the start? Then there's no issue, everyone gets everything from the start! Seems the simplest solution to me?

• Mani Kanina, Shane and David like this

#23 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 11 November 2015 - 01:57 PM

Post count should not be a factor in any way whatsoever.  Not directly, and not indirectly, and no matter what mathematical formula you would apply to it.  Factoring in post count in any way will only encourage some people to spam.  We have had issues with that in the past, even though they were not all that common, but more likely among younger members.  There should be no factor that quantifies a member's worth here.  A member's value should be based on the content of their character, which a reasonable person (which I believe most people here are) will judge by their own reasonable means, naturally.

• Mani Kanina, Jared and David like this

#24 SkyLizardGirl

SkyLizardGirl

• Banned

Posted 11 November 2015 - 05:12 PM

Post count should not be a factor in any way whatsoever.  Not directly, and not indirectly, and no matter what mathematical formula you would apply to it.  Factoring in post count in any way will only encourage some people to spam.  We have had issues with that in the past, even though they were not all that common, but more likely among younger members.  There should be no factor that quantifies a member's worth here.  A member's value should be based on the content of their character, which a reasonable person (which I believe most people here are) will judge by their own reasonable means, naturally.

So are saying you don't want anything besides just that? ..  

What about an item system or something from Zelda - or like an Inventory of some kind?

Tri-force pieces or something?

Or Maybe a Likes Score - for those people who like peoples comments the most get a higher score because i do know alot of you people like to like comments here. 

-besides that of just posting.

Edited by SkyLizardGirl, 11 November 2015 - 05:21 PM.

#25 Nimono

Nimono

Ultra Miyoa Extraordinaire!

• Members

Posted 11 November 2015 - 05:42 PM

Unfortunately, that would still encourage people to spam actions just to get "rewards". People should give likes because they genuinely LIKE something, reviews because they feel their comments will help, and post because they want to help or have something to show off and get feedback on, NOT so they can increase a value. I know it's easy for us to assume and hope people won't be that way, but I'm going to be honest here- when I first started out here, and approached 1,000 posts, I actually made a handful of iffy posts content-wise just for the sake of getting to that 1k (and the title that came with it) faster. So, I say from experience, people will indeed be tempted to spam these things if you make it rewarding for them. We can say the problem is that they did it, but in reality, the problem is that the temptation existed in the first place, temptation we can ensure doesn't exist.

Ahh, did that make sense? I feel I might be rambling a bit.

• ShadowTiger, Mani Kanina, coolgamer012345 and 2 others like this

#26 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members

Posted 11 November 2015 - 06:00 PM

Look.

It's basically been said, but I'm reiterating it again in clearer terms: We will not be implementing multiple tiers for pips based on post count, likes, length of time here, or otherwise. In fact, the reason the previous heart pips were removed was because they were linked to post count. Please don't make this discussion more complicated than it has to be, and let's just discuss a simple system, yeah?

• Mani Kanina and David like this

#27 SkyLizardGirl

SkyLizardGirl

• Banned

Posted 11 November 2015 - 06:10 PM

An Equip System or Item collection system of some kind?

Arrows 00  Bombs 00  Rupees 00  Keys 00  Level Keys 00   and Boss Key!

You get to choose when to use these items - they could refill after 12:00 am every early morning.

Or an Item shop to buy these items back would possibly work. They would have to be priced reasonably.

Arrows 35   Bombs 45   Keys 90 or 100    Level-keys 150    etcz.

People can even create their own item shops and the ones with the best working prices get to run their shops alot more.

- Depending on items you have - Bombs blast a topic wall and allow somebody to comment offensively

jokingly. 

- Arrows represent chances you get to strike another's comment with an offensive but respectful attack

with a counter reply.

- Rupees You collect from defeating / replying to other comments.

- Keys you get to enter Doors to other conversations or post topics that are Locked and will cost you a key to get in each.

- Master Keys to do something else - maybe Larger topics of some kind. Etc.

Icons on every comment could look like an open Zelda Cave or a Locked topic door waiting to be entered for discussions.

(These topics should in some ways be alot More like a zelda game.)   I see alot of octoroks heres already!

This is a way you can prevent over-posting by having so many items each day.

Also an ITEM Shop Merchant to refuel on Items Cost you rupees here.

^Just think about the system - i think i actually have something here this time.* 

To make these forums feel fun, Alot more like a Zelda game.*

Lastly - You can get Heart container pieces from your battles with a topics Boss -Those who created a topic and also

Triforce pieces.

You can also BUY the ability to hold more Bombs or Arrows Etc but cost you lots of Rupees.

You also Earn More Rupees for Trying to assist or even Help - somebody with something with their games or problems etc.

Edited by SkyLizardGirl, 11 November 2015 - 06:30 PM.

#28 Mani Kanina

Mani Kanina

Rabbits!

• Members

Posted 11 November 2015 - 06:30 PM

Okay, first of all: If you want to play a video game, go play a video game. There are plenty of single player or multiplayer games out there that I'd think could cater to your desires. Discussion fora are not the place for that sort of thing.

Secondly: Even IF it was a thing to be done, it's not even feasible in the first place. This forum software does not have does features, nor is it open ended enough that it could be implemented easily. And even if it was, it would be a huge undertaking to implement something like that. I actually know of several internet forums that have tried doing just that, but they gave up due to how much work it was and how little it would add.

Thirdly: The people who the decision lies with have already made it perfectly clear what their stance on this is.
  • coolgamer012345 and SkyLizardGirl like this

#29 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members

Posted 11 November 2015 - 06:35 PM

Please don't make this discussion more complicated than it has to be, and let's just discuss a simple system, yeah?

• Mani Kanina, coolgamer012345, David and 1 other like this

#30 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 11 November 2015 - 08:14 PM

Choose your pip system. Have userbars be based on enemies. Hell, it could encourage friendly forum wars: Aquamenti vs Gleeoks anybody?

You can only change your pip every month or so.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users