Naming Charakters.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 Naru

Naru

Magus

• Members

Posted 23 January 2017 - 03:48 PM

So I barely made any progress over the last year, I especially tried spriting from time to time, the results are not too great though. But I have a good amount of ideas, especially regarding side-charakters, but I am horrible at giving names, so I hope you can help me with. They only have to fit into a Zelda game.

Some short charaker-summaries. And the names are just random place-holders (I didn't blatantly took the names of the members I might or not might have gotten slight inspiration from).

Maple, the witch apprentice - a little annoyance with a foul mouth. No name needed, but important charakter. Best friend of Jared and has a thing for Adem.

Jared, the traveler - curious and always excited he searches for advenures and treasures. His dream is to become the hero told in legends himself and strong willed and righteous there is not much that can keep him from going. He has a problem with dishonest people and dreams of big love, feeling rather lonely from time to time. Through treasures and contacts he is quite the big name as a merchant and he has more than one awesome hint for you, helping you a lot. He has some doubts about your motivation though.

Adem, the mighty mage - he has a rather fearsome temper, only overshadowed by his incredible talent. He doesn't have much self-confidence and overlooks maples feelings or the peoples admiration. He actually is hard-working and studys a lot, though the other mage-pupils are mostly jerks, arrogant about their talents and mean to him, always underestimating him. Between normal people he is a hero though, saving their village from monsters countless times. Jared is envious of him. You might trick him to do some bad things, but be aware of the moment he finds out.

Luna, the forest guardian - guarding the spirit of the forests, she could live in fame, but she is more of a bookworm and scientist, annoyed by all the idiots around here. Being always direct she doesn't make friends easily and especially Jared can't stand her. It will be not easy for you to handle her.

Ria, the forest spirit - she loves secrets and mysteries and loves to observe her guardian, kind of an assistance. Like her guardian she tends to overlook her surroundings and the consequences, especially the darkness hidden in you.

Shane, the mointan guardian - a fearsome, battle-hungry kid, with nothing but fighting in his head. He adores the way of the warrior, living only for the fight. Actually he goes all crazy with girls around, but no chance of getting anything, his flirting sucks, only thinking with his lower part. But he takes it easy, they would keep him only from his training anyway. Against all expectations he and Jared are good friends, Adem would prefer burning him to a crisp though.

Nell, the Mountain spirit - she loves Shanes misadventures and enjoys his failures with the girls. The only spirit that can see through you, but her idiotic guardian doesn't get it.

Aevin, the island guardian - a pure and innocent girl with a kind soul, caring for anyone. She is really shy and feels horrible about being such a powerless guardian, but her kindness is not to be underestimated. Obviously good friends with Jared.

Russ, the island spirit - a really trickster, always playing jokes. She is really smart though, not showing it most of the time. Aevin has to keep her under control since she often creates troubles. Russ loves Aevin and noone else makes her feels so happy, so she behaves herself for Aevin.

(Like you see, no resemblances to real people...) do you have good ideas for names?

[Edit] I only named them so they can be adressed better. The purpose of this topic is to get new names, like "I think Navi would be a good name for Nell".

Edited by Naru, 23 January 2017 - 06:59 PM.

• Jared likes this

#2 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 19 February 2017 - 07:29 AM

Here are my ideas for names for your characters (old name listed first):

Maple => Sarah

Jared => Witlock

Adem => Morgan

Luna => Farrah

Ria (that's actually a pretty good name, I think; but if you want something different:) => Rori  (this name fits better with the guardian being named Farrah)

Shane => Rocco

Neil => Dinra

Aevin => Anna

Russ => Mauru

Please let me know whether you're satisfied with these and whether you need any other advice.  I'm pretty good with coming up with names.

(If you'd like explanations behind my name choices, let me know.)

• Naru likes this

#3 Naru

Naru

Magus

• Members

Posted 19 February 2017 - 08:01 AM

"No name needed" for Maple means that I just mentioned her here for the relationship to the others. She will remain as Maple. I also liked the names Jared, Shane and Ria, just for reference, but don't know if they actually fit into a Zelda-game.

I kind of don't like Morgan, I doubt I will use it. And I am not sure how to feel about Ferrah and Rori, I am not too much against them though. To know the background might help to come on terms with it. The other names are great. I like them a lot. Thank you.

#4 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 19 February 2017 - 08:42 AM

FYI: "Ferrah" + "Rori" = "Farore"  That's why I picked them. ;)  If you don't like them, though, that's fine.  Ria is a nice name, anyway.  Someone like Jasmine or Melodora could be the guardian.

Don't like "Morgan the Mighty Mage", huh? :lol:  That's cool.  It kinda' hints at stuff like Mordor or evil stuff anyway.

I was thinking of Tronne, but that's a rip-off from a black mage from Final Fantasy Brave Exvius.  I dunno; maybe something like Fendrick or Gildan.

• Naru likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users