Photo

Biggest Zelda classic quest

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Ezka

Ezka

• Members

Posted 08 November 2016 - 05:09 PM

Hey, I was wondering what you guys think are the biggest, or longest Zelda classic quests out their. Prefieriably on 2.5. Thanks!

#2 grayswandir

grayswandir

semi-genius

• Members

Posted 08 November 2016 - 05:40 PM

Maybe Randomizer Alpha? It has, like, 50+ dungeons.

#3 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 08 November 2016 - 06:05 PM

You don't get much out there longer than Isle of Rebirth from my experience. Dungeons so large they might as well all be full games in themselves.

#4 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 08 November 2016 - 06:23 PM

Lost Isle is a huge "traditional" style ZC quest, but the Randomizer games are massive too. By sheer map volume alone, they are probably the largest. Super is pretty big, and it just came out.

#5 Air Luigi

Air Luigi

Tio guachi

• Members

Posted 08 November 2016 - 09:37 PM

Biggest is Time After (2.5). Next Isle of Rebirth (2.5), ToTheTop (2.10) and Lost Isle (2.5)... Next The Hero of Dreams (2.10) and Megaman:DRWR (1.92). These are the six biggest quests, I think. All of them are must plays.

Randomizers are just a ton of filler =P They are big for the wrong reasons. Randomizer Returns fixed that, though.

Edited by Air Luigi, 08 November 2016 - 09:41 PM.

#6 grayswandir

grayswandir

semi-genius

• Members

Posted 09 November 2016 - 02:21 AM

Randomizers are just a ton of filler =P They are big for the wrong reasons. Randomizer Returns fixed that, though.

Oh, I completely agree. That wasn't the question though. :P

#7 Gleeok

Gleeok

It's dangerous to dough alone, bake this.

• Members

Posted 09 November 2016 - 03:39 AM

There was a quest that used up like 240+ maps. Crazy. Can't remember right now though. Perhaps MMDWR or Sabotage Dragoon maybe....?

#8 Dark Ice Dragon

Dark Ice Dragon

Wizard

• Members

Posted 09 November 2016 - 05:11 PM

i remembe another one called "the 9 villages", the overworld was really big and there was more than 9 dungeons. 

Edit : the correct title is "LoZ : the nine villages" 

http://www.purezc.ne...e=quests&id=222

Edited by Dark Ice Dragon, 09 November 2016 - 05:16 PM.

#9 Titanium Justice

Titanium Justice

Justice is served!

• Members

Posted 11 November 2016 - 10:37 AM

I'm actually chipping away at Lost Isle. Didn't know it was supposed to be super long. How many hours minimum do you suppose it would take to beat it?

#10 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 11 November 2016 - 10:50 AM

it really depends on how often you get lost, of which time can vary immensely.  I mean, the overworld alone is six 8x8 maps, and the main dungeons, while fewer than the traditional amount, are also huge multi-floor structures.  I wouldn't be surprised if Lost Isle took some people over 24 hours to complete, provided they didn't ask for help at any point, and didn't give up at it.  It includes plenty of optional parts too, and you might decide to take more time at doing some stuff in order to make other parts easier, such as exploring the overworld more after you get a dungeon item, rather than completing the entire dungeon first.

#11 HeroOfFire

HeroOfFire

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 11 November 2016 - 02:40 PM

The Randomizers may be going for record number of dungeons, but length is harder to measure. In Alpha, there are 8 main dungeon sets with an extra final level each, so that's 80 already, with a Light World/Dark World mechanic. Add the lost overworld and it's 9 bonus dungeons. Also count the proper final level. So, main length is 90 dungeons across 3 overworlds. Plus 324 items to collect.

Then comes the postgame. The intent of the postgame was just to have fun with all the items you collected and a fun way to reach 9999 rupees if you wanted. Beta testers wanted a little more than this though, so I hid a super secret dungeon with one last prize. So the final tally for Randomizer Alpha is 91 dungeons, 3 overworlds, 36 optional dungeons, 2 optional overworlds, and one battle tower. Have fun!

Meanwhile Randomizer Returns just broke that dungeon record. 4 overworlds, 144! dungeons across 16 sets. Of course, you only play a single overworld (normally) and 9 dungeons picked from those 144, so the length is more for replayability. Then you add in all the random factors besides the world gen, and things get complicated.

Legend of Pokemon Warrior is a better balance of quality over quantity, but is still big. 332 items, 12 overworlds about 40 screens each, 17 dungeons at least 32 screens each, 20 or so caves/interiors for each of those overworlds, plus some small stuff here and there. And unlike the above Randomizers, these are NOT NES styled. And once again, secret modes can change the rules enough to be a quest of their own.

• Evan20000 and General_Milky like this

#12 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 12 November 2016 - 07:30 AM

Most of the Ballad games will give you a farily long play time.

#13 phatjak69

phatjak69

Junior

• Members

Posted 12 November 2016 - 11:33 AM

Both Master Quests by Darth Pikachu, the second one took me around 70 hours

#14 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 12 November 2016 - 03:09 PM

Well in terms of how much content there is (since the title did say "biggest"), ones that come to mind would probably be Randomiser Alpha, Lost Isle and maybe the Ballad Series (regardless if there's filler or whatever, it's still content :P). If referring to how long a quest will take, then I can think of Randomiser Alpha and probably Isle of Rebirth (Edit: Forgot Lost Isle as well, how could I? lol)

#15 Titanium Justice

Titanium Justice

Justice is served!

• Members

Posted 14 November 2016 - 08:43 PM

Do you think any of Freedom's quests would count? Link to Tortuga took me somewhere around 18 hours or more, assuming that could pass as long by quest standards. It certainly felt long to me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users