The Island of Yeto

Rating: 3.89/5 (7 ratings)
Photo

The Island of Yeto Help

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#1 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 04 August 2016 - 10:36 PM

I decided to take a bite. I haven't played the update to Yeto's Quest or Tribute yet, in fact I haven't played any quests in a while, but I was curious to see what this held.

I don't dislike it. The open-endedness of it is nice, though all of the key barriers are starting to become a nuisance. And the bats... good God, man, those feel like too much. Otherwise, I think it's so far fine. I just have two things to ask because right now I'm a little bit stumped...

1. Is there a tip for where I should be looking for overworld keys?

2. Are there multiple entrances to Beach Ruins? I got the item from the boss and the heart there, but I see the boomerang and no clue how to get to it. There's a key door, but I can't find that key for the life of me.

#2 Artistic

Artistic

Warrior

• Members

Posted 05 August 2016 - 12:42 AM

I decided to take a bite. I haven't played the update to Yeto's Quest or Tribute yet, in fact I haven't played any quests in a while, but I was curious to see what this held.

I don't dislike it. The open-endedness of it is nice, though all of the key barriers are starting to become a nuisance. And the bats... good God, man, those feel like too much. Otherwise, I think it's so far fine. I just have two things to ask because right now I'm a little bit stumped...

1. Is there a tip for where I should be looking for overworld keys?

2. Are there multiple entrances to Beach Ruins? I got the item from the boss and the heart there, but I see the boomerang and no clue how to get to it. There's a key door, but I can't find that key for the life of me.

There is a room where there is a key door and some enemies on the left side of the dungeon, you defeat them and get a key (don't use it in that room) then take the key and from the entrance go up 2 screens, then right, then up and use the key in that room to get the boomerang. I couldn't find the boss key or any other key or get that heart. I don't have a ladder to cross the gaps to the heart.

I haven't found any clues about where the overworld keys are. But, I have found 3 so far. 

I agree with you the bats are a little over the top.

Edit: Just found that boss key!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Artistic, 05 August 2016 - 12:50 AM.

#3 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 05 August 2016 - 12:51 AM

Said ladder's two screens left of that room. On the first floor, in the room with the torches, you can push one to go down and get the boss key.

Thanks for the tip, I'll try it out later.

• Artistic likes this

#4 paraquefingir

paraquefingir

• Members

Posted 05 August 2016 - 01:31 AM

That mini-dungeon is completely optional, there is a hidden shop where you can buy both the ladder and the boomerang. Good luck finding it, though.

• Yeto likes this

#5 Yeto

Yeto

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 05 August 2016 - 04:39 AM

About the overworld keys,

Spoiler

I think Beach Ruins is good explanied! ask any doubt

edit: I submitted a update, a new key is in darkforest and I fixed 2 bugs (I didn´t realize before, that was possible to get bomb bag caused by scroll bug). I supose will be uploaded soon.

Edited by Yeto, 05 August 2016 - 10:04 AM.

#6 renaultgamer0

renaultgamer0

Junior

• Members

Posted 05 August 2016 - 02:34 PM

Any idea of what to do now?  I'm currently armed with L1 Hookshot and Bigger Bomb Bag as my recent acquisitions.  I don't want to go into the castle again since the Darknuts and Death Knights take off too much health alongside the darned bats.

#7 Yeto

Yeto

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 05 August 2016 - 04:02 PM

Any idea of what to do now?  I'm currently armed with L1 Hookshot and Bigger Bomb Bag as my recent acquisitions.  I don't want to go into the castle again since the Darknuts and Death Knights take off too much health alongside the darned bats.

There is not only one answer to that! The standard route could be Rocktunnel but there are many chances to avoid it or find new upgrades before.

But some ideas (a bit of spoilers inside):

Spoiler

Edited by Yeto, 05 August 2016 - 04:14 PM.

#8 renaultgamer0

renaultgamer0

Junior

• Members

Posted 05 August 2016 - 05:25 PM

There is not only one answer to that! The standard route could be Rocktunnel but there are many chances to avoid it or find new upgrades before.

But some ideas (a bit of spoilers inside):

Spoiler

I have the Boomerang and the Hookshot alongside the super bomb.  I could also burn a key for the bow, but it is a key so I want to be careful with that.  Same case for the Ocarina since I have to choose between that, a heart container and a key,  Maybe I should take on the 4 headed Gleeok then, but only after I get the potion from the mountainside.  I came close to defeating it with just my 8 hearts.

Edit:Just made it to the desert via Rock Tunnel.  Now I am lost in the desert without knowing which way to go.

Edit2: Actually found my way to the desert palace.  Do I need any items there(ocarina/Wand/Bow) or can I just do it with Hookshot/Bombs/potion/Boomerang?

Edited by renaultgamer0, 05 August 2016 - 10:37 PM.

#9 Yeto

Yeto

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 06 August 2016 - 03:56 AM

Did you arrive to mountain?? ok, well done! I supose you have not candle

You can do desert palace with (you need 1 more item)

Spoiler

But that's a hard (confusing) temple!, you should explore a bit more in desert

Edited by Yeto, 06 August 2016 - 04:01 AM.

#10 renaultgamer0

renaultgamer0

Junior

• Members

Posted 06 August 2016 - 05:11 AM

Did you arrive to mountain?? ok, well done! I supose you have not candle

You can do desert palace with (you need 1 more item)

Spoiler

But that's a hard (confusing) temple!, you should explore a bit more in desert

I don't know the location of the magic boomerang.  I can get the Ocarina and then the Wand(farewell Heart Container and a key).  I also need a mine cart given that most of my blocked progress is related to the mine cart.  A lens would really be useful given how lost I get.

Though this quest may be a little bugged still.  Defeated the 4 headed Gleeok in the cave with the desert maze path and no Hammer.

#11 Yeto

Yeto

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 06 August 2016 - 05:33 AM

Bugged? if you see a bug please tell me, there could be minor bugs but I don´t know where. I replayed it twice. Did you download the last update?

Ok, a lens would ruin the game, but you can get one later. You don`t need Wand! (and I am surprised, because If I remember, you need more than 500 to buy it), I advise to take ocarina now but you can get it in another place too, but later.

There is other dungeon in desert.

About hammer

Spoiler

Edited by Yeto, 06 August 2016 - 05:54 AM.

#12 MarinaraSauce

MarinaraSauce

Magus

• Members

Posted 06 August 2016 - 12:15 PM

Okay, maybe I'm just a clueless idiot, but I legit have no idea what the first thing I need to do is.  I've been playing for like 45 minutes and gotten the shield, the white sword, and two heart containers, but I've only been around the overworld and in a couple caves.  The only places I can find that might give me an item or lead me to a dungeon are a tower with a fire gleeok I can't beat and a cave with a maze path I can't figure out.  Am I just missing something really obvious?

#13 Yeto

Yeto

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 06 August 2016 - 01:22 PM

Okay, maybe I'm just a clueless idiot, but I legit have no idea what the first thing I need to do is.  I've been playing for like 45 minutes and gotten the shield, the white sword, and two heart containers, but I've only been around the overworld and in a couple caves.  The only places I can find that might give me an item or lead me to a dungeon are a tower with a fire gleeok I can't beat and a cave with a maze path I can't figure out.  Am I just missing something really obvious?

There is a dead-end in the left part of the beach, kill all enemies... sorry, I didn´t feel that obscure when I did :( or did you discover this? in that case, follow this way to Beach Ruins.

Clue, maybe there are too enemies and it´s a dead end. But, if someone doesn´t find this, there is other chance to find all items from that dungeon but a little hidden, and zones to explore (darkforest, rocktunnel), and also you could find bombs without that bridge.

Edited by Yeto, 06 August 2016 - 01:28 PM.

#14 renaultgamer0

renaultgamer0

Junior

• Members

Posted 06 August 2016 - 01:36 PM

I found the Subrosian mines and the tower and both are rather confusing.  Also I really lack an Ocarina/Blue Mail/Mine Cart/Wand/Magic Boomerang/Bow/L3 Sword and don't know where to get those without burning an overworld key or choosing the non-heart item.

Though I think the enemy density is a little too high given how weak we are, including the white sword which does barely any damage to enemies.  Also facing Blue/Splitting/Death Knights after the hookshot is a little disconcerting due to the fact that you have no armor and they do a minimum of 4 hearts of damage and you face them in rather cramped quarters.

#15 Yeto

Yeto

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 06 August 2016 - 01:52 PM

Yes I know how you can feel entering the castle -.-, but it is like a Level 6 in the game

To beat the other 3 dungeons, or at least to get the item, its enough with your current sword

Spoiler

EDIT: I made a update. Sorry, hope this is the last! It should be available soon

Spoiler

Edited by Yeto, 06 August 2016 - 02:28 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users