What did you accomplish in ZC today?

• Please log in to reply
4950 replies to this topic

#3901 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 23 November 2016 - 09:18 PM

Exploiting and abusing Mero's scripts in ways they should never be abused and loving it:

Spoiler

• Deedee, Naru and Lüt like this

#3902 Lüt

Lüt

Germanize

• Members

Posted 24 November 2016 - 06:36 AM

Exploiting and abusing Mero's scripts in ways they should never be abused and loving it:

OK yeah the fancy scripts and flashy lights and floating islands and slick design are all nice and stuff, but... that Moosherang though :glare:

• TheLegend_njf and Naru like this

#3903 Titanium Justice

Titanium Justice

Justice is served!

• Members

Posted 27 November 2016 - 10:30 PM

When I first started revamping my quest it was quite addicting, but now progress has become much slower now that I'm getting down to the business of implementing puzzles and whatnot. In the few times I've touched my quest recently I've been working on my snow area, which should be the last overworld area. So far there isn't that many scenes and the designs are fairly underwhelming compared to what I've done in earlier scenes. This may be partially due to the Adventure tileset's lack of winter themed assets, but hopefully with some more polish and tile imports these scenes will have enough visual appeal to stand on par with the rest of the areas. Other than that, interiors and other loose ends need to be made all across the overworld, including dungeons, which I've barely started. Hope I've got enough inspiration left to spare. Finishing the dungeons will practically seal the quest's completion at this point, but like everything else I've done, I suspect it may take longer than I anticipated.

Edited by Titanium Justice, 27 November 2016 - 10:31 PM.

#3904 KingPridenia

KingPridenia

King of Pridenia, Safehaven of the LGBTQ

• Members

Posted 01 December 2016 - 09:08 AM

So, haven't talked about Project Revival in a while. I did some enemy modding and added in an area you can get to relatively early that is guarded by high level enemies. If you can defeat them (or evade them), there is potential to get some stuff earlier than intended. The problem is I don't really know what could be useful if you're willing to take a risk death against enemies intended for later game that wouldn't break the game. Tentatively, it's a fairly underwhelming Heart Container. Then again, having an extra heart early game is handy, although I don't think many people would attempt to run past high level enemies to stumble into that.

In other news, made a list of what dungeon items will be for each dungeon. So far, the only one I'm revealing is the Bomb Bag for level 1 (and by extension, the ability to use bombs period)

• Eddy likes this

#3905 Yloh

Yloh

My Face!!!

• Members

Posted 03 December 2016 - 10:41 PM

I just made my first mini game involving a very basic script.

#3906 Yloh

Yloh

My Face!!!

• Members

Posted 04 December 2016 - 05:50 PM

I beta tested a dungeon today. I totally did things in the wrong order and broke the dungeon. Oops my bad. 

#3907 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 06 December 2016 - 12:56 PM

Completed a new level in TRIFORCE and finally added a primary weapon shop. 

#3908 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 06 December 2016 - 06:11 PM

Scripted a completely broken as hell weapon. To whoever convinced me to do this: What have you unleashed!?

#3909 Erdrick

Erdrick

Redeemed

• Members

Posted 09 December 2016 - 12:51 AM

It's been a very long time since I posted here but I finally got some work done on an unnamed quest I put on hold for a few months. Designing overworlds are tricky but I'm slowly getting used to it.

• Neppy likes this

#3910 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 09 December 2016 - 02:27 AM

I pounded out some decent source code for 2.5x, and made some deku nut tiles for Grayswandir. How many betas in one day? I don't want to guess, but it was far too many. Over the last two hours, I've been outlining the next sets of additions, and it's going to be rough.

• Anthus likes this

#3911 Lüt

Lüt

Germanize

• Members

Posted 11 December 2016 - 02:29 PM

I'd like to think that, some day, at least one person might appreciate all the aliases I'm building...

Spoiler

#3912 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 11 December 2016 - 07:16 PM

I'd like to think that, some day, at least one person might appreciate all the aliases I'm building...

Spoiler

... And that was the last time we heard from Lüt, because he finally went crazy from the aliases.  :(

No but seriously, I think what you are doing is pretty awesome. I hope people use it, and aren't intimidated by it, cause it does look pretty damn nice.

----

This was really two days ago, but I made a... well, I made a thread for it :P

• Lüt likes this

#3913 Lüt

Lüt

Germanize

• Members

Posted 12 December 2016 - 04:09 AM

... And that was the last time we heard from Lüt, because he finally went crazy from the aliases.  :(

Partial truth.

Would've been true, but I took a break from dungeon aliases to do outdoor/nature aliases. :)

Trees are so much easier to work with than wall chunks, especially when accounting for brick variations then rehashing it all for height variations.

I just passed the 1,000-alias mark, which is more aliases than the default classic quest has combos.

By this point, I've got a few ideas for overhauling the interface. I don't think devs anticipated such heavy usage heh. Not that they'd be implemented in time for me to use them, but once I get this wrapped I should make a suggestion at AGN. Not sure how well I can explain things though, it's hard to write some visual things over text.

No but seriously, I think what you are doing is pretty awesome. I hope people use it, and aren't intimidated by it, cause it does look pretty damn nice.

That would be great.

I suppose that, at some point, I should officially announce it.

That would probably be a step in that direction :P

#3914 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 13 December 2016 - 01:00 PM

I puked out a screen! Ohh, the colors.

lcNP9T6.png

• Magi_Hero, Eddy and Jared like this

#3915 Lüt

Lüt

Germanize

• Members

Posted 13 December 2016 - 03:09 PM

I just passed the 1,000-alias mark

Make that 2,000.

Apparently there's a 2,048-alias limit that I just ran into.

Time to reorganize.

(Fortunately, I was just about done anyway.)

• Anthus likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users