#1 Saffith

Saffith

IPv7 user

• ZC Developers

Posted 04 December 2016 - 05:55 PM

Downloads (at the bottom of the page)

Changes since 2.50.2
Spoiler

Double buffering is now enabled by default on Windows because it seems to fix display issues in newer versions of Windows. If you're updating in place, however, you'll need to edit ag.cfg or it will continue to use the old setting. The setting is doublebuffer in the [zeldadx] section; it should be set to 1.

There are a couple of relatively risky changes that could use some testing. I'm pretty sure they're okay, but some verification wouldn't hurt. If there are any problems, I don't expect they'll be subtle.

There was a change to the ladder. Historically, those have not worked out well. This change only applies when Link has flippers and is walking onto water horizontally with diagonal movement enabled; I don't anticipate any new problems in other scenarios.

Some FFC script data was moved, so check that those didn't break. In particular, make sure ffc->Misc[] and pointers work correctly, especially after changing screens. Don't forget the different carryover options.

There have been a couple of changes to the compiler. Initializing and writing to user-defined arrays is handled a bit differently now. There's also been a slight change to how the compiler handles getter and setter functions, meaning all Game->GetCurX functions and all built-in variables. Neither of these affects any existing quests; you'll need to recompile scripts to make sure nothing broke.
A couple of specific examples of array issues that should be fixed now:
arr[Link->X]=12345; // This would set arr[Link->X] to 0
int arr2[]={ arr[0], arr[1], arr[2] }; // This would initialize as { 0, 0, 0 }

• Neppy, Rastael, Cukeman and 2 others like this

#2 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 04 December 2016 - 06:06 PM

Looks like I'll be backing up my quests in 2.50.2 and preparing to see if I can progress designing in this update. :P

#3 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 04 December 2016 - 06:23 PM

Saffith, send me a list of what you want tested.

Is this in sync withghe 2.50.x repo? I did beta builds if that yesterday, but if this is newer, it would be good to have it in the repo.

#4 Saffith

Saffith

IPv7 user

• ZC Developers

Posted 04 December 2016 - 06:58 PM

Ladder, arrays, ffc->Misc[], pointers. Nothing more specific, just general usage. Yes, this is the same as the current repo state.

#5 Kivitoe

Kivitoe

Sponsored by Taco Bell

• Members

Posted 04 December 2016 - 07:13 PM

Yeah it is buggy..... It doesn't even work at all and changes my theme to Windows 7 Basic...

#6 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 04 December 2016 - 07:23 PM

Yeah it is buggy..... It doesn't even work at all and changes my theme to Windows 7 Basic...

First, are you using zlaunch.exe?

I can't imagine what would change your theme, other than a bit depth drop to 8-bit colour.

#7 Kivitoe

Kivitoe

Sponsored by Taco Bell

• Members

Posted 04 December 2016 - 08:01 PM

First, are you using zlaunch.exe?

I can't imagine what would change your theme, other than a bit depth drop to 8-bit colour.

Nope, I very rarely use zlaunch. I only do when I want to change the ZC theme. I wasn't using any other application either so my system wasn't trying to reduce RAM usage. Not that ZQuest and ZC use much at all...

#8 Saffith

Saffith

IPv7 user

• ZC Developers

Posted 04 December 2016 - 08:03 PM

In ag.cfg, is disable_direct_updating enabled?

#9 Kivitoe

Kivitoe

Sponsored by Taco Bell

• Members

Posted 04 December 2016 - 08:48 PM

In ag.cfg, is disable_direct_updating enabled?

Well no wonder it's acting so weird! There isn't even an ag.cfg!

#10 Saffith

Saffith

IPv7 user

• ZC Developers

Posted 04 December 2016 - 08:56 PM

It should create it automatically when it runs. Permission issue, maybe. Run as administrator?

#11 Kivitoe

Kivitoe

Sponsored by Taco Bell

• Members

Posted 04 December 2016 - 09:03 PM

It should create it automatically when it runs. Permission issue, maybe. Run as administrator?

I ran it as admin and it created ag.cfg and it wansn't frozen. However, it still changed the theme so I went into Notepad++ in the ag file. I found a property called:

disable_direct_updating = 1

Should I change it to 0?

#12 Saffith

Saffith

IPv7 user

• ZC Developers

Posted 04 December 2016 - 09:05 PM

You could try, but 1 is probably what you want.
Try changing the doublebuffer setting to 0. That's the one that's different than before. I wouldn't expect that to cause problems, though...

#13 Kivitoe

Kivitoe

Sponsored by Taco Bell

• Members

Posted 04 December 2016 - 09:07 PM

You could try, but 1 is probably what you want.
Try changing the doublebuffer setting to 0. That's the one that's different than before. I wouldn't expect that to cause problems, though...

On the other hand, ZC works like a peach now that ag.cfg was created. :P

#14 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 04 December 2016 - 10:59 PM

• If a button is mapped to a system or cheat key, it will now function only as game input
    • For instance, if Ex3 is mapped to A, pressing it won't also refill arrows

THANK. GOD.

Great work as usual Saffith!

#15 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 10 December 2016 - 10:58 AM

When fullscreen is set to 1 in ag.cfg, it takes ZC way longer to start up than it did in 2.50.2. It appears it tries to enter fullscreen several times (causing the screen to flash white and ZC to not respond) before the window actually shows up.

• jimbrads likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users