Zelda Classic Expo: Fall 2015

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#31 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 26 September 2015 - 05:36 AM

I've been planning a LoE update, with all the 'finished' and 'ready for testing' (new-ish) RPG.zh features, so I hope that I've time to do those changes by the deadline.

Is it one quest project, per member; or may we make multiple (different) submissions?

As the OP said, there is a 10 post maximum that is hosted by PZC, and the rest must be hosted by the user

This part to be exact:

... what does that actually mean? If someone submitted their.. submission (what else would it be called?) with screenshots and the images were uploaded to something like Imgur, and pasted into their submission, does that count against the 'hosted by PZC' limit or...?

It means that you can use external, private server accounts to host your files, and embed, or link to them. You could even make a full website to showcase it, and link to that.

Edited by ZoriaRPG, 26 September 2015 - 05:39 AM.

#32 Aevin

Aevin

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 26 September 2015 - 02:08 PM

Is it one quest project, per member; or may we make multiple (different) submissions?

You're welcome to submit more than one if you like. :)

#33 Anarchy_Balsac

Anarchy_Balsac

Quest Builder

• Members

Posted 27 September 2015 - 10:19 PM

Can we do a Youtube Video instead of a Demo, I don't think the Zelda 4 Beta will be ready by the 20th.  It may or may not be close, but it won't be ready.

#34 KingPridenia

KingPridenia

King of Pridenia, Safehaven of the LGBTQ

• Members

Posted 27 September 2015 - 10:23 PM

Wow, I had a whole month to work on my quest for the expo and I pretty much blew the entire month doing NOTHING. I'm debating if I should even have level 4 completed for the expo or just have it as is. Only problem is that it won't really be that different than my most recent demo, which'll hurt my score for sure.

#35 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 28 September 2015 - 12:18 AM

Can we do a Youtube Video instead of a Demo, I don't think the Zelda 4 Beta will be ready by the 20th.  It may or may not be close, but it won't be ready.

That's perfectly fine. You're not required to include a demo with your submission, though a lot of people do. In the past, people have submitted trailers, screenshots, or even just text posts described their project (though we do recommend you at least have screenshots, as those tend to grab people's attention, :P).

#36 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 01 October 2015 - 07:23 AM

I can't believe I thought September had 31 days. Oh well, better hurry up with my entry.

#37 Aevin

Aevin

• Members

Posted 01 October 2015 - 04:57 PM

Expo submissions are open! You can find instructions here. The deadline is October 20th!

• Eddy likes this

#38 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 07 October 2015 - 05:09 PM

Aevin, may I ask, why does the Fall Expo submission cut-off, end so early?

Is there some method behind the 14-day window? I can understand that for younger people, who have time, putting their nose to the grinder may add motivation, but why not one month? That would give us working-class tossers a chance. :P

One thing that people rarely notice, is how fast days pass, the older you get. Two weeks to someone my age, is the same kind of feeling as four, or five days, to someone half my age. In essence, that makes it feel like a five-day deadline would to you; and puts s o much pressure on doing it, that I normally ignore the contests. (Stress.)

I'll probably submit something, but I doubt I will be able to configure everything that I would want for the expo, by 20th October. :shrug: If 'twere 15th November, I could probably do all of what I think would make for some real eye-openers. Even 31st October, would be better...If that doesn't make sense, or follow a coherent pattern, feel free to blame my lack of sleep -- 96 (!) hour-long work-weeks (doing very physical labour, such as cutting sheet metal, and working on diesel motors), fuelled by Nicotine, and Pop Rocks.

--

P.S. Would you please post the time, and the time zone, for deadline? i.e. Is that 20th October deadline (above), Midnight, GMT? (I doubt it.)

Edited by ZoriaRPG, 07 October 2015 - 05:11 PM.

#39 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 07 October 2015 - 05:19 PM

I announced the expo back at the tail end of July.  With all fairness, if you didn't have something you wanted to submit to the expo back then, you still had roughly 2 1/2 months to put something together.  We always announce the expo a couple months in advance because we know people are busy with school, work, or both.  It's not intended to function like the two week contest, either.  Some people have submitted stuff they've spent years working on.

• Eddy, Jared, Aevin and 1 other like this

#40 Aevin

Aevin

• Members

Posted 07 October 2015 - 05:51 PM

P.S. Would you please post the time, and the time zone, for deadline? i.e. Is that 20th October deadline (above), Midnight, GMT? (I doubt it.)

Just to have a number out there, we'll say by 11:59 PM Pacific on the 20th. But this isn't a contest or anything. It's meant to be fairly casual, and unless it's a whole day late or something we probably won't throw too big a fit. ;)

This is meant to help you get your work out there, and let players see stuff that might interest them. It's not meant to feel stressful or limiting. It's basically just a project highlight with optional demos, so just show as much or as little as you like, and have fun!

• Eddy and KingPridenia like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users