• Please log in to reply
1785 replies to this topic

#1666 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 03 November 2015 - 10:22 PM

To be fair, they were labeled as rupees, so you can't fault Lunaria for thinking so. :P  Everything you drew is from Zelda in a Zelda-based program, so there's no reason to think it's not.

• Mani Kanina likes this

#1667 MoscowModder

MoscowModder

Sometimes lurking. Rarely posting.

• Members

Posted 05 November 2015 - 10:48 PM

Hey guys! I'm gonna shove the Silencer in your face yet again! This time, its high-detail cutscene image has been updated with proper 16-color shading and a simple 2-frame animation.

Silencer_Detail.png

Silencer_Detail_New.gif

Once again, taking away colors just makes it look so more colorful, and taking away my sloppy attempt at "realistic" shading makes it look more real. Contrast is fun.

This isn't the version you'll be shooting baddies up with in the space level (see below), but you will get a good look at it in at least 4 short cutscenes, so the effort that went into this will not be wasted.

(The playable sprite - not animated here but it is in-game)

Silencer_Sprite.png

• Lightwulf and Demonlink like this

#1668 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 12 November 2015 - 05:52 AM

WwOBHmX.png

A larger and more detailed version of a character from my quest Lost Historia, inspired by several characters. Work in progress obviously, having trouble with the body and legs. I don't know if this will be in the quest and incorporated into a cutscene similar to the Oracle games or just otherwise spriting practice.

Any tips or help would be cool.

• MoscowModder, Jared, Lightwulf and 3 others like this

#1669 Astromeow

Astromeow

RESPECT DA OBOE SOLO

• Members

Posted 12 November 2015 - 07:41 AM

I would suggest somehow incoroporating better light source, as I see your character using pillow shading.

The outlines may benefit from different shading style instead of black lines all around.

Please refer here for pixel art instructions

So far though, I enjoy what you have made. Color choice isn't bad

Edited by Astromeow, 13 November 2015 - 04:18 PM.

• Shane likes this

#1670 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 13 November 2015 - 03:08 PM

Pretty good, Shane! :D

A couple points of constructive criticism:

• The shoulders only look fine if this guy is supposed to have shoulder pads that make the cloth stick up in sharp corners like that.  If he doesn't have shoulder pads, I advise making the shoulders tapered/curved on the corners,
  • For the hands, the thumb's shape would be in front of the forefinger.  Right now it looks like the finger is in front of/takes precedence over the thumb. Moving a couple black pixels down to show the outside curve of the thumb should fix this.

• Shane, Jared and Astromeow like this

#1671 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 14 November 2015 - 09:12 AM

Astromeow: I agree about the lack of a light source. However, I'm aiming to make a sprite with this style in mind. So outlines that aren't 0,0,0 are out of the question.

Lightwulf: actually, I envisioned that more as armor than cloth, I just wanted to go with something abstract and different. However, maybe when I get to a more angular pose, I'll include shoulder pads. I agree about the thumb though.

Thank you both for your feedback! I might redo this, using this as a reference. It's gonna be a daunting task, but I want to improve.

Edit: yeah no. Haven't got the patience to do this. Ah well. Maybe I will pick up on this later.

• Lightwulf and Astromeow like this

#1672 Mani Kanina

Mani Kanina

Rabbits!

• Members

Posted 14 November 2015 - 01:36 PM

If that's the style you want to go for, then you need more flat shading then what you're using currently. You might also have to be more conservative with details if you want it to look good. Also, full frontal shots might not look the best for that. :v
  • Shane and Astromeow like this

#1673 MoscowModder

MoscowModder

• Members

Posted 24 November 2015 - 09:58 PM

Enough remakes. Time for something new!

Mecha%20Pilot.gif

This guy is the most powerful non-boss enemy in the game. They're going to put some SERIOUS hurt on you in Ignition LVL7 if you're not careful. This attack here is a very powerful exploding shot that will likely be among the most powerful attacks in the game, including bosses.

These are some things that I paid special attention to, that I hope I got right:

1. His movements are slow and ponderous at first, then more jerky as the motion finishes. This big thing has momentum.

2. The pilot bounces around the cockpit as it moves, especially as the shot fires.

3. The blaster crackles with energy once it's fully-charged, because it's VERY powerful but inefficient. While imposing, this war machine is far from modern.

Bonus: Once you kill it, its pilot (the most common enemy in the game) jumps out for one last shot at you.

• Lightwulf likes this

#1674 MoscowModder

MoscowModder

• Members

Posted 13 April 2016 - 10:35 PM

Enough new stuff. Time for a remake!

SoulfireCombo.gif

This is the new Soulfire. It's faster, more brutal, and a whole lot more pink! Run away!

Also, you can't tell, but this attack is going to shake the screen with the second hit, when the blue shockwave appears. If it wasn't clear in the old version, this update makes it clear that Soulfire is BIG and powerful.

• Shane, Jared, Joelmacool and 2 others like this

#1675 Feenicks

Feenicks

still the harpy guy

• Members

Posted 16 April 2016 - 10:34 PM

darknut.png

Some Firebird-compatible Darknuts. Still need to do the shieldless tiles, but those shouldn't be too horrible.

Edit: here's everything.

Edited by Feenicks, 17 April 2016 - 01:15 PM.

• Shane and MoscowModder like this

#1676 trudatman

trudatman

one point nine hero

• Members
  • Location:State Of Love And Trust, The United State Of Amorica.

Posted 16 April 2016 - 11:10 PM

that's pretty good stuff, there.  I hope you follow through with the shieldless ones.

#1677 Orithan

Orithan

Studying Scientist - Commission from Silvixen

• Members

Posted 16 April 2016 - 11:56 PM

ALnqOoi.png

Here's a WIP version of some Firebird Stalfos for us to use.

• SpikeReynolds, MoscowModder and Jared like this

#1678 grayswandir

grayswandir

semi-genius

• Members

Posted 25 April 2016 - 12:59 PM

So, I'm using Koten, and decided I wanted a giant rope as a mini-boss.

X9qeBmK.png

Thoughts?

• MoscowModder, Jenny, Jared and 2 others like this

#1679 FireSeraphim

FireSeraphim

Behold the might of legend!

• Members

Posted 25 April 2016 - 10:30 PM

Not too shabby actually. Although the eyes could use some work.

#1680 MarinaraSauce

MarinaraSauce

Magus

• Members

Posted 03 May 2016 - 04:39 PM

xMi2w7d.png

A quick screen I made using my Pokemon GSC tileset.  Once AP tests are over for me on Thursday I think I'll work on it some more.

• SpikeReynolds, Shane, MoscowModder and 3 others like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users