• Please log in to reply
202 replies to this topic

#1 TheOnlyOne

TheOnlyOne

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 27 December 2014 - 02:22 PM

To The Top is finished.

For anyone who has played this quest before: I've toned down the difficulty in this quest dramatically. If the difficulty caused you to quit the quest, or would make you not want to replay it, this should really no longer be a concern. I may release an uncut version sometime in the future, but I feel like the easier version that I've released is an all-around better experience.

For anyone who is still able to run ZC 2.1: This is in fact a 2.1 quest, so if you can run it on its original version, give it a shot. (You’ll be able to enjoy it with the good old 2.1 midi bug, just as it was intended to be played!) Otherwise, the quest is fully playable on 2.5, so there are no worries of any game-ending version differences at any point in the quest.

Edited by TheOnlyOne, 27 December 2014 - 03:15 PM.

• Rambly, Air Luigi and Shane like this

#2 ZeldaPlayer

ZeldaPlayer

What's up my playas

• Members

Posted 27 December 2014 - 02:24 PM

OMG I was waiting for this quest the whole time! I even watched the videos of ToTheTop, and they were interesting. I can't wait for the quest! :D But question, can you give me the quest password to Death's Power?

Edited by ZeldaPlayer, 27 December 2014 - 02:26 PM.

#3 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 27 December 2014 - 02:26 PM

Wow, this came like out of the nowhere! I've heard only good things of your quest. :) Congrats on finishing it.

• ZeldaPlayer likes this

#4 ZeldaPlayer

ZeldaPlayer

What's up my playas

• Members

Posted 27 December 2014 - 03:08 PM

OMG I am so glad you finished the quest! :D

#5 Air Luigi

Air Luigi

Tio guachi

• Members

Posted 27 December 2014 - 03:40 PM

AT LAST! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT! 

• ZeldaPlayer likes this

#6 Air Luigi

Air Luigi

Tio guachi

• Members

Posted 27 December 2014 - 08:47 PM

3 floors completed, 0 deaths. The quest is way easier now, specially playing the quest in 2.5, with better controls than before (In 2.10, half of my deaths were in narrow paths because Link didn't move too well). There are more "fairies" and hints. I'm curious about the boss of floor 5, that boss was a nightmare in the demos.

#7 Jamian

Jamian

ZC enthusiast

• Members

Posted 28 December 2014 - 03:07 PM

That's great news, I didn't even know the quest was still being worked on (I thought it would forever remain in "long demo" status). And if it's easier I may even be able to reach the end this time, something I never managed with the demo.

Since you said it remains a 2.10 quest I assume the bosses are still 2.10 bosses as well. Maybe you could update them as well in the future?

#8 TheOnlyOne

TheOnlyOne

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 28 December 2014 - 03:34 PM

Yeah, the bosses are old-school custom bosses. Deffinitely not something I'm going to change - it's part of the charm of the quest.

#9 kespeth

kespeth

Initiate

• Members

Posted 28 December 2014 - 03:58 PM

Hello, this is indeed a great quest so far.  Thank you for releasing it.  Do you have any hints on how to get this key in this room here?  This, and the boss key that I need it to get, is all I need to move on (and, of course, to defeat the boss).  Yes, I am playing it in 2.5.  2.1 won't run on my computer so sue me.  LOLscreenshot1.jpg

BTW, That said key and the boss key are the only things I don't have on that level.   I DO have the bow and arrow.  Ok, and I don't have the compass either, but I don't really care about that.

Edited by kespeth, 28 December 2014 - 03:55 PM.

#10 Air Luigi

Air Luigi

Tio guachi

• Members

Posted 28 December 2014 - 04:00 PM

There is a hidden switch on the tiles on the left. Notice the bats formation when you entered in the room.

#11 kespeth

kespeth

Initiate

• Members

Posted 28 December 2014 - 05:29 PM

Thanks.  Kinda figured that Keese formation meant something.

#12 Air Luigi

Air Luigi

Tio guachi

• Members

Posted 28 December 2014 - 06:00 PM

I finished Floor 4, awesome quest =) Theonlyone, why do you marked the fake walls in floor 4? That was unnecessary because the map show them later. That change ruins a bit the accomplishment by the player in finding the walls, imo. Nothing major (I remembered where the walls where anyway), but I found that a bit weird.

Edited by Air Luigi, 28 December 2014 - 06:02 PM.

#13 TheOnlyOne

TheOnlyOne

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 28 December 2014 - 06:45 PM

The walk-through walls are marked throughout the quest because there are places where you could not yet have the map, there is no map, or the map doesn't help. I just did this for consistency.

#14 Air Luigi

Air Luigi

Tio guachi

• Members

Posted 28 December 2014 - 07:20 PM

Yeah, but now the players will know early "how a fake wall looks"... I understand your point, but in this case, the visual hints for the fake walls could change in every floor (they are very easy to discover now).

But I don't remember many walk-through walls after L4, so, maybe this comment is pointless xD

#15 Air Luigi

Air Luigi

Tio guachi

• Members

Posted 28 December 2014 - 10:30 PM

I finished Floor 5. The first floors are very very good, but floor 5 is awesomeeee! The new shortcuts help a lot and the boss is no more a problem. I love the hunting of keys in this floor. I'm really excited to replay the rest of floors, and I can't wait to see again Floor 9. Floor 10 was the last thing I saw in this quest and I never completed it before.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users