Photo

Revival of Link

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#16 trudatman

trudatman

one point nine hero

• Members
  • Location:State Of Love And Trust, The United State Of Amorica.

Posted 05 October 2012 - 02:11 PM

yeah, calling 2.1 the most stable is just wrong. I believe that 1.90 is the most stable. 2.5's ZQuest is very hard to use, for me. I understand the reluctance to switch over -- I still haven't, aside from a quick look around. option overload and scattered features are intimidating, but I never transitioned through 2.1, so it is likely much worse for me than it is for you. I'm glad you are testing this thing in 2.5, as I have the newest player functioning. keep making progress!

#17 Valientlink

Valientlink

~V@LîΣÑTLîÑK~

• Members

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:07 PM

You're probably right saying 1.90 is most stable (the builder for me at least). In the past, I had to cancel projects because of encrypting errors that would prevent me from opening my quest (May they R.I.P...)

#18 trudatman

trudatman

one point nine hero

• Members

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:46 PM

yeah...

I've been using 1.90 consistently for eleven or twelve years now and I've had zero such occurrences so far. I think it is too bad that almost nobody uses those programs; they work.

#19 Valientlink

Valientlink

~V@LîΣÑTLîÑK~

• Members

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:19 PM

It's just so dated... 5 pages of combos doesn't do it for me (h and v flips do help though). In the future I might just stick with 1.92 because I prefer the interface and I never did find many issues with those either.

BTW, for anyone interested in progress there are shots hosted here http://imgur.com/a/10ZmV

Edited by Brian, 05 October 2012 - 08:22 PM.

#20 trudatman

trudatman

one point nine hero

• Members

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:10 PM

ooh!

IPB Image

nice.

#21 Valientlink

Valientlink

~V@LîΣÑTLîÑK~

• Members

Posted 06 October 2012 - 10:34 AM

Graphically this quest is no big deal. I think the joy is the day/night dynamic. You can basically go anywhere whether its day or night, but things generally change depending on what time it is (sometimes heart pieces disappear at night, meaning if you did not get it earlier then you lost your chance). Other times, heart pieces appear at night that were not there earlier... You have to search all over if you want everything.

#22 FnrrfYgmSchnish

FnrrfYgmSchnish

Junior

• Members

Posted 06 October 2012 - 12:50 PM

well, I don't like 2.5's zquest... It's too new for me, for the time being at least.

You can set 2.5 Zquest to use the old style editor screen (without the multiple combo pages on the right, tons of extra stuff everywhere, and everything being super tiny), if the sudden change to how the editor screen itself looks is the problem.

I know that's what I do. Can't stand having so much stuff on the screen at once, and all that tiny borderline-unreadable text everywhere...

#23 trudatman

trudatman

one point nine hero

• Members

Posted 06 October 2012 - 01:52 PM

how do you do that?

#24 MoscowModder

MoscowModder

Sometimes lurking. Rarely posting.

• Members

Posted 06 October 2012 - 01:56 PM

In ZLaunch, go to the ZQuest tab, change interface to "Classic", and set the scale to whatever you like.

#25 trudatman

trudatman

one point nine hero

• Members

Posted 06 October 2012 - 02:10 PM

is there a way for those of us that don't use that launcher?

#26 MoscowModder

MoscowModder

Sometimes lurking. Rarely posting.

• Members

Posted 06 October 2012 - 03:14 PM

You don't have to use the ZLauncher to open ZQuest - it's just a convenient way to adjust the settings in ag.cfg.

If for some reason you don't want to use the launcher to change the settings, I *think* you can adjust them in ZQ itself or else in ag.cfg.

#27 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 06 October 2012 - 04:29 PM

Hey, Brian, I think there's a problem playing quests in 2.10 that were made in 1.90. I was playtesting one of tru's 1.90 quests in version 2.10 and there were many things that were different than intended. Unless you already converted it to 2.10 and fixed any inconsistencies (you'd have to check the whole quest to do this), it could mess up certain things in your quest.

I think it's best for you to advise players not to play it in 2.10 (though I haven't tried 2.10.2; they might not have problems on that one; I'm not sure). But as tru said, the 2.5 builds don't have the same issues, so I'd say that using either 1.90/1.92 or 2.5 would be best.

#28 Valientlink

Valientlink

~V@LîΣÑTLîÑK~

• Members

Posted 06 October 2012 - 06:50 PM

Almost always I use the 2.5 builds to play em anyway, since allegro bugs out on 2.10. At some point I will need to test mine in 2.10 though. I'm just saying that in the past I used to use 2.10 for 1.90 quests. Many would not work unless you F6 continued, and some would have issues like fairies having no message strings indoors (allowing you to walk right through them). You can assign strings to a fairy in 2.10 but you can always walk through it.

#29 trudatman

trudatman

one point nine hero

• Members

Posted 07 October 2012 - 10:51 AM

but they also replace enemies with different (usually much harder) ones. that is potentially devastating. this is particularly frequent with bosses, but it also happens with basic enemies. I think 2.1s should be avoided at all costs unless the quest was made for a 2.1.

edit: I came to this thread with a purpose, but I got distracted by the version discussion. I meant to indicate that I hereby volunteer to test this quest. just be aware that I provide lots of feedback and sometimes it comes across as overly critical, even when I like a quest. I think it's because the good parts don't need as much discussion. holler.

Edited by trudatman, 07 October 2012 - 11:00 AM.

#30 Valientlink

Valientlink

~V@LîΣÑTLîÑK~

• Members

Posted 07 October 2012 - 04:34 PM

Gotcha, I'll pm you

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users