194 replies to this topic

#166 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 15 October 2016 - 10:01 AM

Thats the room.

I thought as much.

I haven't had this issue arise with anyone else, so I'm not sure what might have caused it in the first place.

If I understand correctly, the blocks made the sound when pushed onto the switches and the secret sound was triggered as though it had been solved but the door didn't actually open, right?

My fix for this was fairly simple, so if that's the case then I'll try and upload it later today.

#167 jayjay

jayjay

• Members

Posted 16 October 2016 - 12:14 PM

I keep sound muted unless I need it for something specific. I actually seen the door start to open then nothing.

I tested it, yes I get the sound. Now have to get myself out of the corner again if I even decide to start it back up.

Edited by jayjay, 16 October 2016 - 12:23 PM.

#168 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 16 October 2016 - 04:53 PM

I keep sound muted unless I need it for something specific. I actually seen the door start to open then nothing.

I tested it, yes I get the sound. Now have to get myself out of the corner again if I even decide to start it back up.

Hmm, that's very... very... very odd.

I'm uploading a fix for some other, unrelated issues and I'll include with it what I think will solve that problem. Let me know if it works once the next update is available.

#169 jayjay

jayjay

• Members

Posted 18 October 2016 - 11:32 AM

When I went back in the door was open. Not sure why the door was open unless my save file had it already done.

Anywho. Hope SCKnuckles can help you if there are any more bugs. Not sure I will be going back to it. I hurt to much to deal with it.

Still getting stuck in the wall unless I walk all the way out and save in the main part,

Thanks Anyways.

Edited by jayjay, 18 October 2016 - 11:34 AM.

#170 matski

matski

Junior

• Members

Posted 25 November 2016 - 09:31 PM

Outside of missing one Gold Skulltulas and one heart piece, I've completed the game.  Did I miss anything in the game by not getting these items? (can't find them)

#171 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 25 November 2016 - 09:38 PM

Outside of missing one Gold Skulltulas and one heart piece, I've completed the game.  Did I miss anything in the game by not getting these items? (can't find them)

The last gold skulltula can be turned in for the Level 5 sword at Hyrule Castle. If you didn't find it already, there's a secret boss which gives you an item that detects gold skulltulas. Alternately, you could watch the playthrough by SCKnuckles, where he's found them all.

This also is one of 3 keys to unlocking the game's second ending.

As far as the heart piece goes, that only unlocks a heart container.

#172 matski

matski

Junior

• Members

Posted 26 November 2016 - 08:36 AM

The last gold skulltula can be turned in for the Level 5 sword at Hyrule Castle. If you didn't find it already, there's a secret boss which gives you an item that detects gold skulltulas. Alternately, you could watch the playthrough by SCKnuckles, where he's found them all.

This also is one of 3 keys to unlocking the game's second ending.

As far as the heart piece goes, that only unlocks a heart container.

Would the other two items needed for the 2nd ending is collecting all friendship coins (currently have 19) and killing all 10 of the special monsters?

#173 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 26 November 2016 - 11:32 AM

Would the other two items needed for the 2nd ending is collecting all friendship coins (currently have 19) and killing all 10 of the special monsters?

You're close.

Killing the gold monsters and turning the Golden Pelts in for the Gold Arrows is one requirement. The guard who wants them is in Hyrule Castle.

The other is finishing the trading sequence and obtaining the Peril Ring from a lady in the village where you get the hammer.

The friendship tokens aren't required, but they do give access to a secret shop that sells the level 3 potion. (Very useful against the extra hard final boss of the second ending.) To unlock it, after getting 20 freindship tokens, speak to Nayru inside Hyrule Castle.

#174 jccarratl

jccarratl

Junior

• Members

Posted 27 February 2019 - 09:57 PM

Not sure if this thread is still monitored but hoping for some help with the Passage of Time quest by ywkls. Playing the quest q_569  "passage2.qst" dated 6/21/2018 as available on the ZC database in version 2.50.2 as recommended and ran into a game ending bug in Level 13 - Turtle Rock. The boss key location does not work in that Link keeps falling off the ledge instead of walking on the hidden path using the lens of truth over to the ledge on the opposite wall with the chest containing the boss key. The SCKnuckles walkthrough on YouTube is no longer available and the ElectrometerPrime walkthrough on YouTube is not the same version of the game as the boss key screen layout is totally different (no ledges). Perhaps the game was introduced at the PureZC Fall Expo 2015 and updated based on various comments? In any case, I would greatly appreciate any help such as the location of the 2015 quest file. I am enjoying playing the quest and would like to finish it if possible. This is a really good quest that obviously took a great deal of time to create. Thanks!!  

Here is the location:

js25nk.png

Edited by jccarratl, 03 March 2019 - 01:06 PM.

#175 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 11 March 2019 - 12:17 AM

Not sure if this thread is still monitored but hoping for some help with the Passage of Time quest by ywkls. Playing the quest q_569  "passage2.qst" dated 6/21/2018 as available on the ZC database in version 2.50.2 as recommended and ran into a game ending bug in Level 13 - Turtle Rock. The boss key location does not work in that Link keeps falling off the ledge instead of walking on the hidden path using the lens of truth over to the ledge on the opposite wall with the chest containing the boss key. 

Sorry about the late reply! I do try to monitor the help threads for my quests but the system automatically stops me from following a topic if there are no replies after a month. Of course one reason that I haven't looked at this in a while is the fact that I was hoping all the bugs had been found and quashed. Sadly, that wasn't the case.

So, that room isn't currently set up right. The tiles marked with the lens of truth flag should all be walkable; but they aren't. Not sure how this happened but fixing it only took a couple of seconds.

The SCKnuckles walkthrough on YouTube is no longer available and the ElectrometerPrime walkthrough on YouTube is not the same version of the game as the boss key screen layout is totally different (no ledges). 

Yeah, SCKnuckles lost his old channel but he's planning to re-upload everything at some point.

As for the Electrometer Prime version, that's way; way before the current release.

I am enjoying playing the quest and would like to finish it if possible. This is a really good quest that obviously took a great deal of time to create. Thanks!!  

Glad you're enjoying the quest! I have another one in the works that's even more complicated (and hopefully fun) which is the sequel to this. Also, be sure to check out the first part of this series; Balance of Nature.

Look for an update to the file with a note in the changelog of 3-11-19 detailing this fix!

Edited by ywkls, 11 March 2019 - 12:18 AM.

#176 jccarratl

jccarratl

Junior

• Members

Posted 11 March 2019 - 06:42 PM

The fix works and I am off exploring.  Thanks!!  I completed Balance of Nature and really enjoyed the quest.  You are quite talented and creative.  Looking forward to your next quest.

• ywkls likes this

#177 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 12 March 2019 - 01:54 AM

The fix works and I am off exploring.  Thanks!!  I completed Balance of Nature and really enjoyed the quest.  You are quite talented and creative.  Looking forward to your next quest.

Glad to hear it! This probably happened when I was last fixing that room without being aware of it.

Also good to know you enjoyed Balance of Nature.

A demo of the next quest in the series- Destiny of the Oracles- is available.

You can find a link to the project page under "The 4 Lands" in my signature.

#178 telepot

telepot

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 02 June 2020 - 09:25 PM

Stepping in this spot resets the cutscene, allowing you to collect an infinite amount of friendship tokens.

infinite-token-bug.png

Edited by telepot, 02 June 2020 - 09:26 PM.

#179 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 14 June 2020 - 01:31 PM

Stepping in this spot resets the cutscene, allowing you to collect an infinite amount of friendship tokens.

infinite-token-bug.png

I missed removing the warp there. Good catch!

I'm about to release a new update to the quest so this will be included.

#180 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 16 August 2020 - 03:31 PM

Forgot to post about this whenever it went live, but now I'm correcting that.

Version 4.0 of the quest is now available!

Here's what this includes!

Warning!! This version will break previous save files.

Use at your own discretion.

Version 4.0 changes

Enjoy!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users