mobile moving dungeons

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 SkyLizardGirl

SkyLizardGirl

Unbeknownst to danger we call upon your help

• Banned

Posted 14 May 2017 - 07:15 PM

I have been thinking abouts this one for a while now.  (Divine beast dungeons in a Zelda Classic game.)

^(Meant to show an example shape what a moving fortress would be in a Zelda Classic game.)^  

How do i program in Moving Dungeons or that of Link changing into an overlayer-6 flying airship?

I want to do this in my game, for The generals that control and inhabit the inside of the 'vast island fortress' lands within that my entire game.

I need a 'Moving Dungeon' that changes spots in the land every once in a great while, and when inside the screen it is roaming,  you get to see the mobile fortress slowly moving forwards or backwards 8 ways but not too fast, slowly.

When you walk towards or fly to it, you are then teleported or warped inside the dungeons map.

Can someone design some scripts in the data base that does this?

Edited by SkyLizardGirl, 14 May 2017 - 07:21 PM.

• Matthew and Dark Ice Dragon like this

#2 Matthew Bluefox

Matthew Bluefox

Meow

• Members

Posted 15 May 2017 - 12:42 AM

I think that's impossible, but good luck with trying to program something like that in Zelda Classic. :) I suck at scripting.

• SkyLizardGirl likes this

#3 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 15 May 2017 - 07:06 AM

So what you want I imagine would be more or less a large shadow of the divine beast overhead that appears randomly in your overworld and when you walk under it it grows closer and takes you into the dungeon? How many would there be in total? Would they each inhabit their own sections of the world so players don't get them confused?

#4 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 15 May 2017 - 07:30 AM

If I understand this post, you want a dungeon that moves around, flying on the overworld?

If so, that seems easy.

Step 1. FFC

You need to create an ffc that, when on a screen, sets Tile Warp D to the coordinates of the dungeon interior. It must store its location in an array, both the DMap and screen. When Link collides with the ffc, and he has a sufficient Z, or fake Z, the screen tile warp values are changed by the ffc ( Screen->SetTileWarp() ), and the Data of the FFC is instantly set to Sensitive Warp D.

If there is a flag marked in Link->Misc[n], this ffc moves Link's X, and Y, positions to match it, but it sets his Z to 0, or otherwise runs a 'fall to the ground' animation. This is for exiting the dungeon (see 3). This ffc must run on screen init.

Step 2. Array, Global Script

You need to store the position of the dungeon ffc in an array. It needs to hold the DMap, Screen, X and Y of the ffc. You can have it travel slowly around your overworld by adusting its positions, and every time its intnernal X and Y would have it move off a screen, change its screen value appropriately, and reset its coordinates, ust as if Link had left that screen. You would also need to adust its DMap value if it travels over what would be a side warp for Link.

Step 3. Dungeon Exit FFC

You need a dungeon exit ffc, in the entrance screen of the dungeon, and any screen at which Link can 'jump off', or otherwise leave. This ffc reads the coordinates of the ffc (DMap, Screen, X, Y) and sets Tile Warp D of that screen to the coordinates of the ffc on the overworld. In so doing, whenever Link steps on an exit tile, or a tile that would have him fall to the ground, he is warped to the screen with that ffc, and you store a flag in Link->Misc[n] to indicate that he was warped by this dungeon.

With these three components, you too can have roaming dungeons in the sky. :)

If you are not in a hurry for this, I might have a try at it, for the amusement factor. The 'difficult' part is mapping out your game world in an array so that the dungeon can cross DMaps. if it does not need to do that, then you only need a virtual map of the DMap on which it lives.

The mechanics of changing the warps, and the rest, are all extremely basic. Only the routines to move the flying dungeon around are truly complicated.

Edited by ZoriaRPG, 15 May 2017 - 07:34 AM.

#5 SkyLizardGirl

SkyLizardGirl

• Banned

Posted 15 May 2017 - 01:06 PM

Yes i would like to have a system like that or a Flying or walking machine' the player can either walk or fly too.

Or even Link using a Vehicle such as a miniature airship to land into the structures if he cant get there by foot. The Hover-boots i am also wondering if could be used as the Airship also.

Also, There Are About 9 Generals in total in my game.*

(At the end of 9 or 10 dungeons each you finally get to face one.)

The animal Robots would be Various and i would draw them all in the form of 9 combos stuck together moving locations in a square.

- Each of my general dungeons is shaped like that the robotic animals moving around.

I am thinking less of the Breath of the wild as to fighting the generals in Gurren Lagann general type feel in this game however.

I dont want to make these things the Main dungeons, however - think of the Airships in Mario 3 sort of with the koopa'lings a bits.

If you could implement a system. I could give u a mapless copy of my file to implement the system into.

Thank you Zoria.*

I Also need a Combo Switching system so 'Link sprite' and switches places with a freeform combo next to him last as the player - for another last  technical reason.

Anyways everything is coming through nicely with this project.\

Sorting out the thousands of overlayers until i fully mastered them is all that was holding my project back at first.

All is almost finished by now.

Edited by SkyLizardGirl, 15 May 2017 - 01:19 PM.

• Matthew likes this

#6 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 16 May 2017 - 05:37 AM

Yes i would like to have a system like that or a Flying or walking machine' the player can either walk or fly too.

Or even Link using a Vehicle such as a miniature airship to land into the structures if he cant get there by foot. The Hover-boots i am also wondering if could be used as the Airship also.

Also, There Are About 9 Generals in total in my game.*

(At the end of 9 or 10 dungeons each you finally get to face one.)

The animal Robots would be Various and i would draw them all in the form of 9 combos stuck together moving locations in a square.
- Each of my general dungeons is shaped like that the robotic animals moving around.

I am thinking less of the Breath of the wild as to fighting the generals in Gurren Lagann general type feel in this game however.

I dont want to make these things the Main dungeons, however - think of the Airships in Mario 3 sort of with the koopa'lings a bits.

If you could implement a system. I could give u a mapless copy of my file to implement the system into.
Thank you Zoria.*

I Also need a Combo Switching system so 'Link sprite' and switches places with a freeform combo next to him last as the player - for another last  technical reason.

Anyways everything is coming through nicely with this project.\
Sorting out the thousands of overlayers until i fully mastered them is all that was holding my project back at first.
All is almost finished by now.

If you are on Skype, that is the best way to contact me, off-forum, and to send whatever files you wish to send.

I would advise including the map for the area that you want this airship to live on, so that I can properly plot the arrays, and comprehend your graphical scale.

#7 SkyLizardGirl

SkyLizardGirl

• Banned

Posted 16 May 2017 - 05:23 PM

I have everything that needs to be done listed, i will pm you oks?

Actuallys i dont have Skype so.

i can give you the project without it right?

How can i pm you exactly again? i have been away from this site so long i ma have forgotten how.

Waits how can i reach U?  Where is PM ?  (I cant send you a private download to it withouts.)

your pm box is deactivated?..

Edited by SkyLizardGirl, 16 May 2017 - 06:16 PM.

#8 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 17 May 2017 - 03:58 PM

I have everything that needs to be done listed, i will pm you oks?

Actuallys i dont have Skype so.
i can give you the project without it right?

How can i pm you exactly again? i have been away from this site so long i ma have forgotten how.
Waits how can i reach U?  Where is PM ?  (I cant send you a private download to it withouts.)

your pm box is deactivated?..

I sent a PM to you, and you should be able to respond to it.

Edited by ZoriaRPG, 17 May 2017 - 03:59 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mobile moving, dungeons

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users