Photo

Worst Zelda Classic quest you have played (Besides Mario Quest)

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#1 Zagut

Zagut

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 23 April 2017 - 01:09 PM

What is the WORST Zelda Classic quest you have ever played?

(Besides Mario Quest)   :lol:

Edited by Zagut, 19 May 2017 - 06:06 PM.

#2 Joelmacool

Joelmacool

Addicted to Overwatch

• Moderators

Posted 23 April 2017 - 01:38 PM

DayDay.

• Shane, Eddy, Jenny and 3 others like this

#3 Binx

Binx

Formerly Lineas

• Members

Posted 23 April 2017 - 01:57 PM

Realm of Shamanock
  • Erdrick and Deedee like this

#4 Mitsukara

Mitsukara

Ara?

• Members

Posted 23 April 2017 - 03:11 PM

The Sad Venture of Stink and Smellda: Pineapple of Calamity.

• Deedee and Matthew like this

#5 Erdrick

Erdrick

Redeemed

• Members

Posted 24 April 2017 - 12:42 AM

I'd have to say Realm of Shamanock DX (not to be confused with the actually good Shamanock Advance). It shows no effort from the transition from the original, and awkwardly uses the New1st tileset, and despite it being a step up graphically on paper, it uses the tileset at its worst. 

#6 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 24 April 2017 - 12:44 AM

I don't care if I'm not the first to say it. Realm of Shamanock DX stole my soul. 

• Erdrick and Zagut like this

#7 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors

Posted 24 April 2017 - 03:51 AM

I'll go with the Gate of Kazaar.  In some ways it's worse than your typical "bad" beginner's quest because it's so woefully empty and spiritless.  I believe it's been removed from the database.

• Jared and Binx like this

#8 Binx

Binx

Formerly Lineas

• Members

Posted 25 April 2017 - 09:44 PM

I'll go with the Gate of Kazaar.  In some ways it's worse than your typical "bad" beginner's quest because it's so woefully empty and spiritless.  I believe it's been removed from the database.

Oh, man, I totally forgot about that one. It might actually be worse than Realm of Shamanock/DX just because of how incredibly forgettable it was.

#9 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 25 April 2017 - 10:49 PM

It was actually only a demo, and somehow it slipped through the cracks and sat on the database for years until it was removed for being, well, a demo. I played through it ages ago, and I only link to my own video because it seems no one else ever recorded footage of it. I would have used theirs because this video is kind of bad in quality. :heh:

Honestly though, it still has nothing on Shamanock. Kazaar is just bland. Shamanock is actual torture.

• Binx likes this

#10 Lüt

Lüt

Germanize

• Members

Posted 26 April 2017 - 12:08 AM

I played through it ages ago, and I only link to my own video because it seems no one else ever recorded footage of it.

"An almond with a beard." :awesome:

Worth watching the entire video for that alone.

• The Satellite and Binx like this

#11 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 26 April 2017 - 12:14 AM

Plenty are tied for worst, if you count any quests that were just unplayable in any way, but nearly all of those either didn't make approval or were removed at some point.

Excluding that, Gate of Kazaar is a close one for its lack of content, which is less than many demos.  I'll take blame for letting that one slip through the cracks back when it was approved, as the creator at the time also considered it to be a full quest, and then I basically forgot about it afterward.

I don't remember playing Realm of Shamanock, so I can't comment on that.  But I hear about that one a lot.

I also remember The Gerudo's Rise to Power being quite bad.  Not only was it buggy to the point of me not being able to complete it, but I believe that much of the quest was copied from one of Alphadawg's old tutorials.  Also, it used Newfirst, but to be fair, it's quite an old 1.90 quest in the database, going back to 2003.

#12 Binx

Binx

Formerly Lineas

• Members

Posted 26 April 2017 - 12:44 AM

It was actually only a demo, and somehow it slipped through the cracks and sat on the database for years until it was removed for being, well, a demo. I played through it ages ago, and I only link to my own video because it seems no one else ever recorded footage of it. I would have used theirs because this video is kind of bad in quality. :heh:

Honestly though, it still has nothing on Shamanock. Kazaar is just bland. Shamanock is actual torture.

Yeah, watching the video, it wasn't nearly as bad as I remember. It actually has a lot more polish in some areas than Trial of the Gods did (I mean, yeah, TotG sucked harder than... Eh, I think I'll not finish that joke, but whatever compliments I can give, right?), like you said, it's just bland and empty.

#13 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors

Posted 26 April 2017 - 01:45 AM

It was actually only a demo, and somehow it slipped through the cracks and sat on the database for years until it was removed for being, well, a demo.

If I recall correctly, Comix said on his quest page that the game was complete, but even the title screen still had a demo version on it.

Yeah, watching the video, it wasn't nearly as bad as I remember. It actually has a lot more polish in some areas than Trial of the Gods did (I mean, yeah, TotG sucked harder than... Eh, I think I'll not finish that joke, but whatever compliments I can give, right?), like you said, it's just bland and empty.

Ah... Yeah, I guess The Gate of Kazaar wasn't totally dismal. But it did leave me with a bit of a No Man's Sky Vibe in the breadth of nothing to do. :)

I've actually avoided playing Shamanock to this day. The responses in this thread put me in no hurry to try it.

#14 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 26 April 2017 - 01:58 AM

If I recall correctly, Comix said on his quest page that the game was complete, but even the title screen still had a demo version on it.

Not to mention the ending string being "This is the end of the demo. You can keep exploring the city."

I've actually avoided playing Shamanock to this day. The responses in this thread put me in no hurry to try it.

You're better off this way.

• nicklegends, Russ and Zagut like this

#15 UZF

UZF

Junior

• Members

Posted 26 April 2017 - 02:54 AM

Can't say I ever played a bad quest.
I like to enjoy my free time so I only play the best rated quests.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users