"What triggered these secrets?"

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 05 March 2017 - 04:56 PM

I'm doing some serious debugging with my thinking cap on and off. I'm trying to figure out what's triggering a screen's secrets. The thing is, it's not supposed to be triggering yet, but it is.

Is there a way to find out what screen is causing a screen's secrets to be triggered from remotely? Like one of those classic "Dungeon Boss (Don't Return)" style of event-related secrets from the old-school ZC 1.92 days.

It's really bugging me. No pun intended. Because this DID WORK BEFORE, but I have no idea what actually changed. So I'm trying to trace back where the triggering mechanism currently is. Is there a log file or something?

#2 Orithan

Orithan

Studying Scientist - Commission from Silvixen

• Members

Posted 05 March 2017 - 05:05 PM

In 2.5, at least, there is a quest rule: "Log Game Events to Allegro.log"

Check it and it should let you detect when this screen secret is being triggered; either in Allegro.log or in the Debug Console (edit ag.cfg and set Debug Console from 0 to 1, before launching ZCLauncher, to activate it).

Edited by Orithan, 05 March 2017 - 05:08 PM.

• ShadowTiger likes this

#3 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 05 March 2017 - 05:17 PM

Indeed there are secrets logged to it, and here's what they look like. (A brief sampling of a much, much larger log.)

Spoiler

I'll have to toy around with it to see if boss-related secrets get triggered. I'm working with a true relic of a quest, and screen state carryovers and boss "trigger" events are intermixed through out. Boy what a pain...

#4 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 05 March 2017 - 06:50 PM

or in the Debug Console (edit ag.cfg and set Debug Console from 0 to 1, before launching ZCLauncher, to activate it).

I had no idea this was a thing. Seeing traces in real time... this is magical. Thank you for bringing this up.
  • ShadowTiger likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users