Photo

The Nintendo Switch

• Please log in to reply
667 replies to this topic

#616 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 03 June 2017 - 01:32 AM

One thing I do sort of lament that would have basically guaranteed this thing would smash the market: If it featured a "standard" OS that allowed it to use many of the apps and functions of a regular tablet. So many people use tablets nowadays that it would be the perfect "must-have" device. Have all your basic functions of a tablet, and now I can switch over and play high-quality video games on the go or on my TV. Imagine how well that could've destroyed the market.

But then tablet models update every other week so maybe it would've been difficult to pull off.

• Daniel likes this

#617 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 03 June 2017 - 01:45 AM

That and it'd open the door to easy piracy since you wouldn't need to emulate an O/S or hardware drivers.

Edited by Nicholas Steel, 03 June 2017 - 01:46 AM.

#618 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 03 June 2017 - 03:42 AM

I assume $20 USD and that it will probably end up being $50 AUD.

Ended up being $29.95 AUD for Nintendos online services which isn't too bad especially compared to the likes of Xbox Live and PSN which are around $90 a year (I think?).

#619 Daniel

Daniel

v My Godess

• Members

Posted 06 June 2017 - 04:16 AM

The same could be said for adults who don't have time to sit in front of a TV to game, and would rather play games in short bursts, like before bed, or during breaks.

Agreed. I generally work 13 hours a day 6-7 days a week so I have very little time to sit in front of the TV and play. The Switch on the other hand allows me to play in bed or during the hour or more drive home from work (drive to my dads in the morning and we take turns).

That is the reason despite the PS4 having great games I haven't touched it (except for Netflix) since the Switch came out. The Switch is absolutely perfect for people like me with a very busy life.
  • Anthus likes this

#620 KEM64

KEM64

Junior

• Members

Posted 06 June 2017 - 01:42 PM

As much as I hate the sound of "Paid Online Service", $20 for 12 months doesn't sound too bad.

There's one thing I don't understand about paying for your system's online service: How do you pay for it? Do you have to buy it from your system's shop (eShop in this case)? Do you have to use your system account's funds to pay for it? Or do you have to buy some kind of prepaid card at a store and enter that into your system?

#621 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 07 June 2017 - 12:32 AM

For Sony & Microsoft you can buy it from the eShop or via physical cards at a retailer.

#622 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 07 June 2017 - 09:13 PM

They should have used a clip from the Karate Kid remake for advertising.

You know, the part where Jackie Chan says "Get Switch, save planet."

#623 Norzan

Norzan

Adept

• Members

Posted 13 June 2017 - 03:56 PM

Games that i want to play and are on the Switch are starting to pile up. Getting one is a definitive thing now.

#624 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 14 June 2017 - 01:39 AM

Games that i want to play and are on the Switch are starting to pile up. Getting one is a definitive thing now.

Wait for gameplay footage from all the games you want to play before deciding on the console.

#625 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 14 June 2017 - 05:05 PM

Like everyone else I enjoy and get excited for most Mario, Zelda and Metroid games. But reacting to new entries with surprise? I mean, these games are synonymous with Nintendo, and they always happen.

Edited by Cukeman, 14 June 2017 - 05:06 PM.

#626 Norzan

Norzan

Adept

• Members

Posted 14 June 2017 - 05:08 PM

Wait for gameplay footage from all the games you want to play before deciding on the console.

All the games i'm currently thinking of buying already showed gameplay. The only one that hasn't is Prime 4, so i'm gonna hold until they show gameplay but i already want enough games to make buying the switch worth it.

#627 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 14 June 2017 - 05:25 PM

Yeah, I'm getting one around Christmas. I'm going to try and wait and see if they drop the price, but with SMO's October release, that might be hard for me to do. :D

And sure, I'll play BotW again with faster load times, and a ever so slightly higher resolution.
  • Daniel likes this

#628 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 18 October 2017 - 07:40 PM

New update 4.0 is out: https://www.nintendo.../system-update/

System save/account transfer is finally here as well as video capture just for select games. Currently that list includes BotW, MK8, Arms, and Spla2n. Did a test recording, nothing special, just was curious. It saves the last 30 seconds by holding down the capture button and you can trim it later from the screenshot menu. It does not interrupt your gameplay in the slightest. Smooth as silk.

• Jared likes this

#629 Arthas

Arthas

Adept

• Members

Posted 20 October 2017 - 01:34 AM

Nice system update.

Meanwhile here I am counting down the days until Mario Odyssey comes out. ARE YOU EXCITED?

• The Satellite and Jared like this

#630 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 20 October 2017 - 01:36 AM

yes

• Arthas, Moosh, Haylee and 1 other like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users