Photo

Screenshot of the Month 5

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
30 replies to this topic

Poll: Which image? (22 member(s) have cast votes)

Which image?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#16 blckscab

blckscab

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 06 April 2003 - 06:33 AM

congrats. icon_wink.gif
icon_sigh.gif only one more vote and it would of been a tie icon_sigh.gif

Edited by blckscab, 06 April 2003 - 06:33 AM.

#17 Teclis

Teclis

The Last Vampire

• Members

Posted 06 April 2003 - 09:57 AM

One question: When is voting time over?

#18 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 06 April 2003 - 11:30 AM

that's so not cool. Blackscbs is much more original and kick-ass, Teilyr, I hate to say it, is more of the same stuff we've been seeing in quests recently. Ah well, that's just my opinion. You could slam my quest HD about being unoriginal, but my next quest will be using all new graphics, so I'm not concerned.

#19 Teilyr

Teilyr

• Members

Posted 06 April 2003 - 11:40 AM

Whatever. Villages like mine should not be typical.

Besides, you never like anything I do. icon_rolleyes.gif

#20 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 06 April 2003 - 02:06 PM

Actually, I never said I 'didn't' like what you do, you just assumed that.

#21 Praethus

Praethus

Lord of the Darkness

• Members

Posted 06 April 2003 - 02:09 PM

Teclis, voting usually ends on Thursday nights or Friday mornings. Depending on when I can get online.

#22 C-Dawg

C-Dawg

Magus

• Members

Posted 06 April 2003 - 02:22 PM

On the one hand, Blackscab's shows far more time, effort, and creativity than Teilyr's does. On the other hand, the colors are offensively bad- Blackscab needs to wind some secondary colors into those tiles to make them stand out. Teilyr just popped a custom Link tile into the Pure tileset... but the Pure tileset is very pretty.

Then, of course, no one cares about this contest, so is it really worth debating who wins?

-C

#23 HappyPuppet

HappyPuppet

Deified

• Members

Posted 06 April 2003 - 03:17 PM

QUOTE(C-Dawg @ Apr 6 2003, 02:22 PM)
Then, of course, no one cares about this contest, so is it really worth debating who wins?

I disagree with that. icon_sigh.gif

@ DFW: I believe it's understood you didn't like the shot when you said "that's not cool" in reference to his shot winnning. icon_sweat.gif

#24 Teilyr

Teilyr

• Members

Posted 06 April 2003 - 03:56 PM

QUOTE(C-Dawg @ Apr 6 2003, 03:22 PM)
On the one hand, Blackscab's shows far more time, effort, and creativity than Teilyr's does.

Perhaps it shows that, but I had to try my ass off to get something to look like that. The bridge alone took me 80 minutes to recolor. Wolfy calling my village plain is just insulting. I would retort with something about all of her quests, but it's not worth my time, as all she'd do is ramble on about how her next quest will have custom tiles.

Blck just recolored oracle hands, then drew floors and various wall decor. Granted, it's spooky, but I just don't see the big deal.

#25 Ganon_dwarf

Ganon_dwarf

Wizard

• Members

Posted 06 April 2003 - 04:34 PM

I agree with Tei. blk's were just re-coloured (I spelt that the Canadian way) Man-in-the-toilet hands and his needs more colour it's to dark. althought I like Tei's I would have to say Denimore's I know voting is over I just wanted to say that) Tei's just doesn't have a certan something... I'm not sure what.

#26 blckscab

blckscab

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 07 April 2003 - 03:45 AM

I agree with Tei. blk's were just re-coloured (I spelt that the Canadian way) Man-in-the-toilet hands

Yeah, they are recoloured hands from the oracle games. But I also made some better animation tiles so it moves better.

it's to dark

and it looks fine on my computer. It only looks too dark on some moniters.

#27 Demimore

Demimore

Junior

• Banned

Posted 07 April 2003 - 06:55 AM

QUOTE(Teclis @ Apr 1 2003, 07:11 AM)
Well Demni's looks very origin!
I'll vote Demi's pic!

Thank you! But sadly, I lost the competition.

And lol, jman! Yep. I won with one vote. I'm happy I did. Because I really feared that I would lose that one! icon_wink.gif

Man, I did a lot of work on that pic.

#28 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 07 April 2003 - 10:10 AM

I may have disliked the pic in reference to this contest in who should win, however, I do not dislike Tei's work. He does good work.

#29 Teilyr

Teilyr

• Members

Posted 07 April 2003 - 11:07 AM

Well thank you Wolfy. icon_smile.gif

#30 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 08 April 2003 - 01:36 PM

and I ain't kissing ass, you do good work, as good as Nick or WB. But in reference to this contest, it wasn't good enough, imo to outclass Blackscbs. That's all I was saying, I wasn't saying it sucked or that I hated your work like you claim you do mine. Just saying it wasn't good enough, imo, to win this particular contest.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users