Photo

Screenshot of the Month 3 (voting over)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Month 3 (voting over) (16 member(s) have cast votes)

Screenshot of the Month 3 (voting over)

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Praethus

Praethus

Lord of the Darkness

• Members

Posted 13 January 2003 - 10:24 PM

First off. I'm thinking of changing the name of this too The Best of SOTW because sometimes I miss a week and also, sometimes there are more than 4 weeks in a month. Please put if you are ok with the name switch in a post in this topic so I can find out how people feel. Anyway back to the voting.

And the nominees are...

UpbeatPenguin
user posted image
"In the peaceful town of Kalati, humans and monsters coexist peacefully. Yes, they have an IHOP in the town. Goriyas love them."

Nick
user posted image
"Looks like Link's going to have to hide in the hollow log."

Wild Bill
user posted image
From a new secret quest.

zoraman
user posted image
My first animated image too.
This is yet another test screen.

#2 DashSim

DashSim

ancient being

• Members

Posted 13 January 2003 - 10:41 PM

I VOT 4 AL TEH PIKS!!!!11111 No really, I like them all. icon_razz.gif I'll have to think about this. :/

#3 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 14 January 2003 - 12:46 AM

now if I was going for pretty graphics (which was the case with the last vote, because all the rest sucked!) I'd go with Zoraman, but for pure layout and design, it'd have to be Nick's. Nick is the next Prince. Move over Revenge 2, Nick is in town! icon_biggrin.gif

#4 HappyPuppet

HappyPuppet

Deified

• Members

Posted 14 January 2003 - 06:57 AM

Nick.

Oh, and Praethus, I don't really mind the name change.

#5 Kite

Kite

• Members

Posted 14 January 2003 - 02:43 PM

QUOTE(Praethus @ Jan 13 2003, 10:24 PM)
First off.  I'm thinking of changing the name of this too The Best of SOTW because sometimes I miss a week and also, sometimes there are more than 4 weeks in a month.  Please put if you are ok with the name switch in a post in this topic so I can find out how people feel.

Actually, I named it "Month" for a few reasons.

1) I knew it wouldn't be exactly monthly, but 4 weeks was close enough for me. icon_shrug.gif

2) Month gives the screenshot more importance than "week". "Best of SoTW" is about the same as saying "Best Screenshot of the Week in a 4 week period". Doesn't get the excitement building for me. Just sounds like another SoTW. icon_confused.gif

3) There are actually more than 4 weeks in a month. I knew that much. I also anticipated delays and such when making this.

4) Changing would ruin the banner image.

To end it, I don't agree with the change. It doesn't have to be exactly monthly to contain the "Monthly" header. Heck, the "monthly poll" on the main page lasts less than a month at a time. icon_confused.gif

It's not like people will notice anyway. icon_shrug.gif

#6 Wild Bill

Wild Bill

Legend

• Site Creator

Posted 14 January 2003 - 07:18 PM

Tough choice between Nick and Zoraman. icon_shrug.gif

#7 Praethus

Praethus

Lord of the Darkness

• Members

Posted 14 January 2003 - 07:34 PM

Ok Nick. It will remain SOTM.

#8 Praethus

Praethus

Lord of the Darkness

• Members

Posted 16 January 2003 - 09:11 PM

It's Thursday and I declare Nick the winner. You may begin submitting for Screenshot of the Week 13, if you dare (creepy music plays while I laugh like evil scientist.)

#9 Kite

Kite

• Members

Posted 16 January 2003 - 09:23 PM

O_o!!!!!!

How...!!!!!???????????? O_o!!!!!!!

#10 Cjc

Cjc

Cor Blimey!

• Members

Posted 20 January 2003 - 04:02 PM

I don't know. I like the look of the jungle dungeon Nick made, but I also like the layering that UpbeatPenguin used to create that screen. I'm gonna have to go with UpbeatPenguin; (Sorry Nick!)

#11 Praethus

Praethus

Lord of the Darkness

• Members

Posted 20 January 2003 - 04:33 PM

Voting ended Thurdsay...

#12 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 21 January 2003 - 03:30 PM

Here's my screenie for the next SOTW:
user posted image
Its also my latest shot uploaded on the shot board.

#13 Kite

Kite

• Members

Posted 21 January 2003 - 09:41 PM

QUOTE(Cjc7988 @ Jan 20 2003, 04:02 PM)
I don't know.  I like the look of the jungle dungeon Nick made, but I also like the layering that UpbeatPenguin used to create that screen.  I'm gonna have to go with UpbeatPenguin; (Sorry Nick!)

... (this isn't spam. It further explains the fact some people don't read enough of a post. I guess it has to be put in big bold letters when voting ends. icon_shrug.gif )

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users