Random Family Guy Topic

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 11:34 PM

Random because it's never talked about here.

The show, like the Simpsons has lost so much spark that it's safe to say that it's just too old for anybody to care.

To be honest, my personal favourite show out of the entire bunch of these comedy cartoons would be American Dad. Futurama would always be a good second.

But now that Fox has cancelled both shows, my time for this type of entertainment has long passed (for those wondering about American Dad, they are not renewed for next Season on Fox, but will remain on TBS where the show will inevitably wither and die).

So, back to Family Guy.

The creators (either to increase the show's popularity or just just feeling bored) decided to "spark things up" by doing something completely bizarre. They killed off Brian from the show. It's caused fan outrage, and that it would, considering that Brian is practically the foundation of the show. Most of the show's memorable moments are the episodes that involved him and Stewie, which I admit, not being the biggest fan of the show is what I really do like about the show. If there was an episode about Brian and Stewie, I would certainly watch.

But now, I really couldn't care less. :P

Brian's character was replaced by another dog, who is voiced by one of my favourite Sopranos stars. His name is Tony something, I forgets. (Please don't confuse him with James and say "Soprano" who passed away a few months ago. :P).

Either way, who Brian is replaced by is irrelevant. What is relevant how amazing it is for a show to survive off controversy and stupidity (yes, they can be smart and witty at times too I admit) and actually do it so well. Killing Brian is both controversial and stupid, but it has gained the show some major (almost creepy) amount of attention that I think it's fair to post a topic on. :P

Anyways, I apologies for not including full details or sources. But I'm certain anything I haven't provided is only a Google search away. :P

Edited by NewJourneysFire, 03 December 2013 - 11:35 PM.

#2 Ventus

Ventus

Legend

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 11:48 PM

Yeah I've seen and read about Brian being killed off... I'm a little sad about since he was my favorite character, I don't know if the new dog vinny can replace him but we'll see in awhile I guess. And is it weird I found myself getting teary eyed when the whole death scene happened?    

#3 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 11:58 PM

I got more teary eyed over Merle from Walking Dead.... Wtf? Lol

I never actually seen the episode though, but I did see a video, I dunno, it didn't make me sad at all.

We are talking about a company who created American Dad, who killed off nearly everybody on the show on their (not so 100) 100th episode. Also there was this one episode about a hot tub where they killed Stan and Francine, and than they came back the next episode as if nothing happened. But I learned after that the creators thought they were being cancelled and that was supposed to be the season finale. But really? Is that the logic here? Just kill off the characters to end the show? Why does funny shows end off dark and depressing?

Cheers ended dark and depressing, Seinfeld ended with the whole cast in jail, that tv sitcom based off family matters called dinosaurs ended off with their inevitable extinction while the poor baby not know wtf was going on. :P

Clearly Family Guy has a very strong fan base, but the company has no sympathy for killing characters despite the fans.

#4 Hergiswi

Hergiswi

don't look for me, i'm just a story you've been told

• Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 01:45 AM

As somebody who was once a huge fan of Family Guy, I have many, many bad things to say about the show. I don't watch it anymore, but I was honestly pretty happy to hear that they killed off Brian because his character is nothing more than a comical nuisance.

#5 thepsynergist

thepsynergist

thepsynergist

• Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 01:48 AM

I got more teary eyed over Merle from Walking Dead.... Wtf? Lol

I got more teary eyed about the mid season finale last sunday.  How could they kill him?  He was the best character...

Spoiler

#6 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 01:58 AM

I read about that. Also didn't Paul Walker die in a car crash? (Talk about irony).

#7 Ventus

Ventus

Legend

• Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 09:24 AM

I got more teary eyed about the mid season finale last sunday.  How could they kill him?  He was the best character...

Spoiler

I actually cried when that happened... Then I felt a little better when the

Spoiler

#8 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 04 December 2013 - 04:15 PM

Seth is downright bigoted in a lot of ways, and his show proves it.

Watching people's responses to Brian's death is hilariously pathetic- someone actually took a screenshot of them reporting his twitter account in response.  Not even joking.

#9 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 08:41 PM

Well, don't forget there is that fan who started a petition up to have a Brian statue build in Rhode Island.

#10 Ventus

Ventus

Legend

• Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 09:00 PM

Well, don't forget there is that fan who started a petition up to have a Brian statue build in Rhode Island.

You know it'll be interesting if a statue can be built there that's for sure.

#11 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 15 December 2013 - 09:38 PM

Spoiler

#12 Ventus

Ventus

Legend

• Members

Posted 15 December 2013 - 10:03 PM

Spoiler