• Please log in to reply
856 replies to this topic

#1 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:41 PM

Or so I've heard.

This is either a brilliant move, or an act of desperation.

Source from Wikipedia

On April 17, 2013, during the online news broadcast Nintendo Direct, Reggie Fils-Aime announced that The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past 2 was set for a release during the 2013 Holiday season. This original Zelda title is set to features a new storyline, new puzzles and original dungeons. Link will also have the ability to turn into a drawing . Height and depth will play a large role in the game by taking advantage of the 3DS’ 3D feature. It also seems like it will adopt a more traditional top-down perspective.

link

Edited by NewJourneysFire, 17 April 2013 - 03:46 PM.

#2 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:44 PM

Don't make a thread without posting the video related to it icon_razz.gif.

*cleans up your mess*

Also, don't make an acronym in the title and expect everyone to know what it means XP.

Kidding (somewhat) aside, I WOULD be excited for it...but guess who doesn't have a 3DS, and who doesn't have money to get it yet. So ultimately, I don't care. It's unfortunate sprite rips can't really come from this. But I imagine someone's going to try to emulate the style in ZC at some point. Good luck...you'll need it.

So, Link, orange brown hair, not blonde, awesome.

#3 Adem

Adem

-

• Members

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:44 PM

Article with video.

I'm not diggin' it, but we'll see how things, uh, play out. I think there is potential, but I am not seeing it utilized. Also, the drawing thing is silly. Yikes.

EDIT: Ninja'd. icon_frown.gif

#4 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:46 PM

QUOTE(Adem @ Apr 17 2013, 04:44 PM) View Post

Article with video.

I'm not diggin' it, but we'll see how things, uh, play out.

EDIT: Ninja'd. icon_frown.gif

Owned, more like it 8D. Kidding again~

You know, I bet the made the light source literally above everything in the middle. Link's hat looks pillow shaded.

#5 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:47 PM

Just pasting my thoughts from the other thread here (good idea making a separate thread for it, it was gonna need it):
QUOTE(The Satellite @ Apr 17 2013, 04:00 PM) View Post
Some interesting stuff was talked about, I see, but am I the only one (I'm not judging by at least one other post here) who doesn't think the new Zelda looks all that good? I mean, visually, yes, I love the style, it's a polygonized ALttP and looks pretty. And I guess I can't really judge based on this short amount of footage, but the new little gimmicks (standing on giant hammer pillar to jump up, seeping into the wall to reach new areas) look kinda... well, interesting at first, but I fear they'll end up relying on the gimmick too much. I dunno, I'd have to play it to see for sure. But hey, at least they've eased our fears about not having any work done on a new Zelda while they remake Wind Waker.

All I'm hoping for is that it has at least 8 dungeons and plenty of secrets to explore, like the original ALttP. But if they're recycling ALttP's overworld... probably won't get more than six, if that. I have mixed feelings about this, but I will sit here and hope they deliver on a good game. ALttP is a very tough act to follow, and honestly I'm hoping this isn't a direct sequel, with the same Link and stuff. It would feel forced, since the ALttP->Oracles->LA progression is pretty solid, unless it's after LA and Link comes home, or it's a new Link set between ALttP and Z1 (damn it that was my idea), or possibly a prequel many years before. Who knows? We'll see soon enough. Actually if it's pulling strongly from ALttP I kinda hope that it's not heavily saturated with story like... well, the last several Zelda titles; the story should be there, but given in bits, rather than exposed upon often.

Also,
QUOTE(Koh @ Apr 17 2013, 04:44 PM) View Post
So ultimately, I don't care. It's unfortunate sprite rips can't really come from this. But I imagine someone's going to try to emulate the style in ZC at some point. Good luck...you'll need it.

... it's called the ALttP tileset. icon_blah.gif

#6 lucas92

lucas92

Defender

• Members

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:52 PM

Beside the graphical style, I don't see how it is too much related to LTTP... The "paper wall" trick looks pretty cool. icon_smile.gif

#7 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:53 PM

QUOTE(The Satellite @ Apr 17 2013, 04:47 PM) View Post

Just pasting my thoughts from the other thread here (good idea making a separate thread for it, it was gonna need it):

Also,

... it's called the ALttP tileset. icon_blah.gif

Not quite. These are more detailed and more colorful, naturally. I want to see someone emulate this level of detail. Obviously not 3D, but that doesn't mean it can't be detailed.

#8 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:57 PM

It's said to feature new dungeons and an original story arc.

#9 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:05 PM

I, for one, really like the graphical style. It's like a mix of the artwork and the in-game visuals of aLttP. In 3D. I get a feeling of the good ole' days of Zelda from this. Might buy a 3DS for this, actually.

#10 -DuCkTApE-

-DuCkTApE-

The "Mask" will take over...

• Members

Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:10 PM

Personally I think link and some of the enemy's are ugly and lack detail. I hope this is just a beta of the actual game and they clean them up a little.
Other then that im excited for this! It would also be cool if they added a OoT camera setting.

Edited by -DuCkTApE-, 17 April 2013 - 04:14 PM.

#11 Tree

Tree

Everything must go away

• Members

Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:18 PM

Not much to say, though, I must think of some content to put in this post...

I can't freakin' wait!

#12 Ventus

Ventus

Legend

• Members

Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:35 PM

I'm for one is happy with Nintendo for once in my life. I mean come on we are finally going back to top down view. And we are going back to the most awesome Zelda game ever made.
I'm going to be trying to get a 3DS as fast as I can. And on another note does anyone know how this game will be distributed?

I hope its on a cartridge...

#13 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:38 PM

They would be kind of dumb for releasing a Zelda game on anything other than a cartridge. I mean, that's how they've been doing it for years. Sure, in the digital age they've also had downloadable versions, and most likely will distribute it as a downloadable game as well as a solid cartridge, but if they made a whole new Zelda game and didn't release it on a cartridge, that would be kind of a stupid decision. icon_razz.gif

#14 Ventus

Ventus

Legend

• Members

Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:45 PM

QUOTE(The Satellite @ Apr 17 2013, 04:38 PM) View Post

They would be kind of dumb for releasing a Zelda game on anything other than a cartridge. I mean, that's how they've been doing it for years. Sure, in the digital age they've also had downloadable versions, and most likely will distribute it as a downloadable game as well as a solid cartridge, but if they made a whole new Zelda game and didn't release it on a cartridge, that would be kind of a stupid decision. icon_razz.gif

Yeah that would pretty dumb, but a lot of things are moving that way of being downloadable only.
I mean look at half life 2 I can't even buy that game in stores because of steam <.< (my mortal enemy).

#15 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:59 PM

QUOTE(Ventus @ Apr 17 2013, 11:45 PM) View Post

Yeah that would pretty dumb, but a lot of things are moving that way of being downloadable only.
I mean look at half life 2 I can't even buy that game in stores because of steam <.< (my mortal enemy).

Half-Life 2 is still available in stores. That goes for the US, as well. According to the database at the Gamestop I work at, that is. There's a 'classic' pack floating around as well, with CS: Source, HL2 and Day of Defeat, I think. It goes for something like 29 kroners over here, which is like... 4 or 5 bucks. You'll still have to use Steam to play it, of course. Hehe.

Anyways, I'm guessing this will be downloadable - Iwata mentioned something about the eshop in the video Koh linked to. What exactly he said I have no clue, so it's possible it'll be out both digitally and in stores. I don't think this is gonna be a 'proper' Zelda-title in the general sense, though. I'm picturing something along the lines of FSA, considering their recent statements about Zelda and multiplayer. They could have been aiming at this title when they said that. I also think a handheld multiplayer Zelda would be better received than one on the Wii U, and I'm guessing they're thinking along the same lines.

But who knows, they didn't really show anything that hinted at that in the videos, so I could be completely wrong. I really don't have high hopes though. The gameplay reminds me of PH/ST, which could be nice, but the visuals is just barf. I don't know what the hell they were thinking, this is just straight up ugly.
IPB Image
Look at those mountains! WHAAAT THE FUUUCK?!

Also, it looks like the overworld is gonna be more or less identical. Familliar places and all that, could be a cool nostalgia trip. If they fix those visuals, holy ratballs!

Image!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users